Nuge Drai Yama
Neal McLeod Kassian
Archibald Khaira Ennis
You mean "too".

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I really hope that Haas gets in Saturday. I know he's been resting and McLeod is playing very well, but I want him to get a game in before the playoffs, injuries down the middle could be tough for this team.

Haas is hurt I believe.

So I’d anticipate to see him play on Saturday if healthy.

He probably gets in over Chaisson/Neal/Shore

I think we probably keep the 3rd line together. So that makes the 4th line:

Haas-Kharia-Archibald

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
32-12-2 since January 30th.

4S2i0JP.gif

As much as the Sens deserve recognition as being a hot team recently, the Oilers have secretly been the best team in the division for months. Take away our slow start and the divisional race is probably ours.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Would we be to small if we inserted Ennis in lineup? We would have a small team
Kahun
Yamamoto
Ennis
Archibald
I’m thinking speed but it looks to small already
Kahun McJesus Puljujarvi
Nuge Drai Yama
Neal McLeod Kassian
Archibald Khaira Ennis

Haas probably gets in if he’s healthy over Ennis. Tippett covets having two guys that can play C on the 4th line.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
To all those pro-Barrie right now, let me just hit you all with a dose of reality.
Barrie is 29 years old and heading to a free agency where he is probably the second most coveted Dman available. He’s going command top dollar on the market, likely >$6M with >5 years. It’s unlikely that he takes any sort of discount to stay here either. There’s an absolute laundry list of reasons why we shouldn’t re-sign him: age, value, affect on farm system, history.
Signing UFA contracts for players on career years at 28, 29 years old is something we should be cautionary at. Lucic, Neal, Ladd, Demers are all contracts that were made recently and now are looked upon the worst contracts in the NHL. Barrie is likely to be no exception. He’s already the slowest Dman on the team and will likely only get slower. He’s also a complete liability in his own end and often needs to be bailed out by Nurse.
Barrie is also a Berlin-Wall-esque barricade to Bouchard. A player that could be as good or better than him. Even if he never matches Barrie’s point totals he’s already a far more complete defender than Barrie is.
As for signing Larsson and RNH, they represent something a lot more unique than Barrie. Larsson is a complete defender and RNH, despite his warts, is a guy that can play centre or wing, PP, PK, has plus speed and a deadly shot. They’re also far more likely to accept a team friendly deal.
I’d far rather spend $8.8M re-signing Lars and Nuge than spending that money on an unreliable defender that’s 29 years old.
The additional monies saved allow us to make trades and make FA signings that can fill our actual holes in our lineup, you know, like 1LW, 3LW, and 2LD.
PS: I meant to have this as a reply, but because HF doesn’t exactly work perfectly on iPhone safari I had to type it out in notes first lol.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
We're on pace for a 108 point season in 82 games. Jesus.

Thats like top 3 in the league most years.

If you take away our assbackwards start we got a point percentage of 0.717.

That’s good for a 118 point pace.

That’s a president’s trophy.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Why would they not just promote Kris Knoblauch if they are bringing up a minor league coach?
I don't see us losing Woodcroft to the Rangers.
Agreed.

I think Woodcroft will start getting some interviews pretty soon, but I dont see him going to the Rangers when they have a guy like Knoblauch who already knows the players.

Reactions: TB12

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Wait, Tippett said McDavid and Draisaitl are playing Saturday?

Well that seems like a dumb risk. Hope it doesn't backfire.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wait, Tippett said McDavid and Draisaitl are playing Saturday?

Well that seems like a dumb risk. Hope it doesn't backfire.
He feels the risk of being rusty is worse. If they dont play it will have been a week since they did when the playoffs start.

Personally I say scratch them. I wonder if Toronto scratches their guys.

It's looking like the only practical use for points in the standings is to pass Boston in overall points. We could see them in the playoffs at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad