Post-Game Talk: Kahuna Matata

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Wait, Tippett said McDavid and Draisaitl are playing Saturday?

Well that seems like a dumb risk. Hope it doesn't backfire.

Despite all the PPs, Alex Chaisson had more ice time than Connor McDavid last night.

Draisaitl had 21 minutes which I found surprising, but I would imagine we'd probably see a 15 minute night for them both on Saturday.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Playoff schedule for the first 4 games:

Edmonton & Minnesota are the only teams that aren't a shade of Blue, Red, or Yellow. If you want to increase your chances of making the playoffs, your jerseys should be one of those colours. #advancedstatistics

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Y'know, tbh I agreed with him at the time.

I really did not expect us to go 10-3-0 after the deadline...

Going back my take was this is another great year of McD, we got Nurse, we got Barrie, we got prime years out of Smith and Larsson, and we got Pulju back and loving it.

Taking the team nature into account, and how much its dialed in, I wanted Holland to go at one topsix forward option. I figured we had a chance, and at least 2nd round, if not more.

That said several Oilers are coming, dialing in at the right time, just not who people would expect.

The forwards kicking it up a notch in support are Kahun, Neal, Chiasson. Not anybody called that.

Suddenly I like our lines. Pulju being a horse has made a difference.

man, if only we got somebody like Perry instead of Turris as an easy pickup. One player is bringing it, the other retired on ice.

Reactions: Biltmore

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hard to believe Kahun only has 9 goals seeing his OT winner.

He's not on first unit PP, where a lot of the teams goals come, and he's only played 47games. He was scratched 8 games. Also put in bottomsix for several more.

The guy has talent. Reasonably good with the puck, and when he's on he can start scoring. He also took awhile to get going so that he has 9EV goals in last 37GP. Thats not too shabby. AS it is he has the 4th most EV goals on the team. Ahead of either Nuge or Yamamoto, and behind only McDrai and Pulju. Again this is pretty solid, and we're paying him 995K to be one of the top EV goal scorers on the club.

I mean Drai has only 15EV goals all season. This is around where Kahun should be in what is a short season. This is a 16EV goal pace on full season, which as damn good for the money. Arguably one of the best contracts we have.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
And yet they're as interesting as a box factory

Rs1X.gif

Reactions: yukoner88

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
A game to the forget box! Only made me worried about our goaltending again!

My point is that our team has played so well the second half of the season, it makes the goaltending look so much easier. In a playoff we need another kind of goaltending in games were our top players doesnt get the job done, dont think Smith and Koski has that extra gear.

Hoping that Habs has a great cross check serie against the Laffs, probably goes 7 too.

If we dont get past this years pegs i would call the season a fiasco, our D has been the cornerstone to our success the 2 half of the season, really solid and with depht. Mcleod came in and filled up a big weakness.

Could be a very funny playoff for us, the best player on the planet and a top5 C in the leuage with their own lines will be pretty hard to defend against. One of the best pp is also huge.

But to go far, you need a goalie who overperform in some games, that will be our downfall in the end, im afraid!

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
That's awesome. If anyone is interested in the history of the first big concert at Commonwealth Stadium in 1979, here is an interesting read into how Rock Cirkus came together. It was a fun afternoon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjas7qZ4MXwAhVOnp4KHb5mAIkQFjABegQIAxAD&url=https://caml.journals.yorku.ca/index.php/caml/article/download/40294/36467&usg=AOvVaw2VVAO5yEnGhaJEbpNN0YN5

View attachment 433384

I was at that show.

Frampton was awful.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
A good resign I think. I hope Holland sees that too.

Then he can trsde Neal to Seattle with a hogh pick or a weak prospect. Then hunt a top6 winger for top6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad