Kadri vs the field (suspensions)

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
That's not the only difference though.

The league said Kessel's 1st swing was in self-defense (which was bad, but not suspension worthy), but it was his 2nd swing that was viscous since Scott was fighting someone else and wasn't even looking. The same with Coyle, Keith wasn't defending himself. It was a viscous swing he thought he could get away with.
Marchand's swing was in self-defense to Rielly's crosscheck. I would expect a stern warning/fine, but no way a suspension.
There's a lot of things Marchand should have gotten suspended for but that swing isn't one of them imo.
No, it was in retaliation.

But otherwise, I agree with your post.

Reactions: Tak7

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yeah fair enough, I'm not here to argue. I disagree with the amount of blame you're pushing on the coaching staff but you're entitled to your opinion.

Sorry if I'm leaving the wrong impression, I'd say somewhere between 90-100% of the blame is on Kadri. I don't know what the coaching staff did or didn't do so maybe they're blameless. If they didn't prep Kadri for the interview then that wasn't smart IMO as they shouldn't be making any assumptions like the player knows what to say or not to say, especially a known hothead like Kadri. It's frustrating to have a player who needs special attention because he's unable to control himself but when you have one, you have to take the time. Especially during the playoffs.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
again, the third game imo was basically because Kadri admitted he did it intentionally and had zero remorse.

I think it was because it was his 4th time.

And that kinda shows how much remorse he had for this hit and the previous.....

Like most sentences, they keep getting longer for repeat offenders.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
There's a good slow mo version somewhere which I can't find right now. Bruin fans say he slipped. Looks to me like veers sharply to the left, jumps feet first, snags Johnsson's left leg between his legs with a scissor move and good measure, grabs him and pulls him down with his right hand at the same time.

Here is a closer view. His slide looks malicious, his foot trips Johnsson perfectly. But when you look at his arm then you can tell without a doubt he was going after Johnsson.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Here is a closer view. His slide looks malicious, his foot trips Johnsson perfectly. But when you look at his arm then you can tell without a doubt he was going after Johnsson.

Thanks, that's the one I couldn't find. Shows perfectly what happened. Am I the only one who thinks that's suspension worthy? Johnsson was hurt on the play (lucky he didn't get hurt worse) and Marchand is a repeat offender, how does he keep getting away with this crap?

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Thanks, that's the one I couldn't find. Shows perfectly what happened. Am I the only one who thinks that's suspension worthy? Johnsson was hurt on the play (lucky he didn't get hurt worse) and Marchand is a repeat offender, how does he keep getting away with this crap?
Nope you're not. Definitely suspension worthy. When you look at this view it's clear to see Marchand look at Johnsson to identify where he is and then he slides out his right skate a la a soccer slide tackle. He does it discreetly like everything else he gets away with. What drives me crazy are all the fans defending Marchand acting like it was just an accident. Pathetic.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Nope you're not. Definitely suspension worthy. When you look at this view it's clear to see Marchand look at Johnsson to identify where he is and then he slides out his right skate a la a soccer slide tackle. He does it discreetly like everything else he gets away with. What drives me crazy are all the fans defending Marchand acting like it was just an accident. Pathetic.

That was dirty. No doubt.

I think the hard part is determining what is a suspension and what isn't. Canucks' fans were screaming at this one. Not only at Kadri but at Rielly too (on the same play). And Kadri's was a hit on Sedin, a star in the league.

League looked at both and said clean.

There are dirty hits (spears, "separators", toe taps, ankle taps, elbows, falling into goalies, even knee on knee like we saw in Game 1, etc) that aren't suspensions. In the old days, you'd simply have a fight and be done. Now we need a judge and jury apparently.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah I find it pretty amazing that Boston fans are basically unanimous in saying he slipped.

Veers sharply to his left, scissors Johnsson's leg and pulls him down with his hand = slipped. :laugh::laugh:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Yeah I find it pretty amazing that Boston fans are basically unanimous in saying he slipped.

Veers sharply to his left, scissors Johnsson's leg and pulls him down with his hand = slipped. :laugh::laugh:
Yup. Typical Boston fans. Not surprised in the least. Flip the switch, if that is Kadri on Pastrnak how many Bruins fans would say "he slipped"? :sarcasm:

de7e37df7cee6fa37366c663f31e6a1c.jpg

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

I ask the same question myself, and unfortunately I have to ask it over and over again

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

It's just on the line enough to not get the call, it's incredibly dirty but you can argue he fell. Marchard is a dirty player and big part of why he's so dirty is everything he does is intentional. He's not letting the game get to him, he's doing all of this on purpose.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's just on the line enough to not get the call, it's incredibly dirty but you can argue he fell. Marchard is a dirty player and big part of why he's so dirty is everything he does is intentional. He's not letting the game get to him, he's doing all of this on purpose.

Upon video review it's clear he didn't fall, at least it seems clear to me. I agree it's all on purpose, he's so good at it too, Does dirty stuff but it's so well masked you really have to look at replays closely to see it.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

The league should be on to him and his tactics by now. The way he hurts someone, accidentally on purpose, whenever he's being pushed or falling or anything, like punching Anderson or tackling Johnsson - these are dirty moves that are easy to read that he does all the time. The league should not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The league should be on to him and his tactics by now. The way he hurts someone, accidentally on purpose, whenever he's being pushed or falling or anything, like punching Anderson or tackling Johnsson - these are dirty moves that are easy to read that he does all the time. The league should not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well he better keep his head up when Kadri gets back because if a hit if there naz will fill him in.

I say lets play hockey and score some goals. He will get caught if we can antagonize him to playing a little mad by scoring more. He hates losing, thats the time to take advantage of his undisciplined playing style.

We can exploit him on the power play.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

The arm shows he tried to hit Johnsson, but he leg he clearly stretches out (longer than a skating stride) to make sure he trips Johnsson.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Because he is an elite cheater, the NHL is a league of cheaters, he just happens to be one of the best. the thing is Johnnson has a reputation for being a bit of a chippy guy, if he gets the chance to lay out Brad, look out he will steamroll him.

One upon a time we had this guy named Uncle Leo that use to butt end players while throwing a check along the boards, he was so good at it no one caught him, except for the video slow motion replays, sadly Uncle Leo no longer is effective and is headed for the retirement pasture.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

He's very Sean Avery like.

When I saw him lick Leo the first image that popped in my head was when Avery was standing in front of Brodeur waving his arms in the air. Not illegal but just anoying as F, ya want punch him in the Nads for being such a tool.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Unless he injures something they will let everything but the blatant slide, it's a stupid process.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm pretty sure every ref knows all about Marchand and his style of play. They're not going to be fooled by his "emotions".

I mean, we know he still gets away with "accidentally on purpose" things all game long so either he is hiding it very well or the res are fooled well enough.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
/close thread.

To prove it, in his mind, he felt he was justified in "finishing the check".

Not even close Kadri.

NHL said clearly and correctly:
it was boarding
Kadri has a history of messing up before.
Wingels was defenseless and on his knees.
Being reckless in retribution will not be tolerated.

Although the NHL doesn't say it directly, this is what they really think:
We, the NHL, are at risk of paying out Billions in Concussion lawsuits. Anyone who doesn't listen to our head shot crackdown will eventually be removed from the league so we can protect our money. We dont mind protecting players, but well, we haven't done that in the past. What's changed ? Now we have big rea$son$ to crack down now.

If Kadri was a man, he drops his gloves and punches Wingels in the face. Just like Hainsey did.

Just shut yo mouth Kadri, ya big dummy. :laugh:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

There is no doubt he was interfering with him. Otherwise he was blowing past him creating an odd man rush.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Morrissey only got a game. I guess we know to take out the rat. Get a big lead and have someone butt end r cross check hard enough to break his jaw.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Morrissey only got a game. I guess we know to take out the rat. Get a big lead and have someone butt end r cross check hard enough to break his jaw.
As I posted elsewhere, the NHL is a JOKE of a league!

Morrissey can perpetrate a near decapitation, but, this is okay as long as contact is only with the neck!

Kadri laid an illegal body check, gets 5 minute major, game misconduct, and, a 3 game suspension!

Morrissey with a vicious assault to a person's neck, with a weapon, 1 game, no penalty, and no game misconduct!

The NHL is a JOKE!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
As I posted elsewhere, the NHL is a JOKE of a league!

Morrissey can perpetrate a near decapitation, but, this is okay as long as contact is only with the neck!

Kadri laid an illegal body check, gets 5 minute major, game misconduct, and, a 3 game suspension!

Morrissey with a vicious assault to a person's neck, with a weapon, 1 game, no penalty, and no game misconduct!

The NHL is a JOKE!

I replied to your other comment and will here as well

I guessing the DOPS is basing their decision on Morriseys claim it was not intentional and he’s had no prior supplemental discipline penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00