Oct 17, 2010
Kadri gets 3 games

Doughty gets 1
Play on Myers ??
Marchand buttend and stick swipe??
Hedman spear to groin??
Mcavoy slew foot??
Subban suckerpunch??

Is this all? did I miss any? Really curious to see what the DOPS hands out. They aren't biased against the Leafs, are they?

Reactions: Leafling and Kurtz

freewilly

Dec 5, 2017
with Marchand's history, it's absurd that he's still in the league. He MUST get at least a game for this one...

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
with Marchand's history, it's absurd that he's still in the league. He MUST get at least a game for this one...
And punching Fredrick. And tripping Marner on the draw. And the constant tugs with his stick on other players feet.
Looks like when Marchand pulls crap it's because Marchand will be Marchand. But when Kadri pulls anything then he is a pest that must be taught a lesson.

Do the leafs have any recourse to complain about Marchand's illegal behavior that the refs are completely blind to.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Kadri gets 3 games

Doughty gets 1
Play on Myers ??
Hedman spear to groin??
Mcavoy slew foot??
Subban suckerpunch??

Is this all? did I miss any? Really curious to see what the DOPS hands out. They aren't biased against the Leafs, are they?
Kadri deserved what he got.

Nothing else suspension worthy that I've seen so far.
Doughty suspension was BS.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
A lot is based on a players history and what they deem on intent to injure.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Tie up the series and have Kadri back fresh in game 5 might just be in our favour then.

Just tie it up and see what happens. Forget about it!!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Kadri deserved what he got.

Nothing else suspension worthy that I've seen so far.
Doughty suspension was BS.

Its a shame that the NHL needs to see injuries before suspending players.

The only difference between Marchand's swing and Kessels (against Scott; 3 games) and Keith's slash (on Coyle; 6 games) is that Marchand didn't make contact...

Using your stick as a weapon shouldn't be tolerated in hockey.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I too am shocked the Marchand 2-hander didn't get more attention.

I think it's because he missed so he's lucky. If he had connected with that it could have been serious. That was enough to break a wrist easily.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
And punching Fredrick. And tripping Marner on the draw. And the constant tugs with his stick on other players feet.
Looks like when Marchand pulls crap it's because Marchand will be Marchand. But when Kadri pulls anything then he is a pest that must be taught a lesson.

Do the leafs have any recourse to complain about Marchand's illegal behavior that the refs are completely blind to.

Hope/Think Leafs are well aware of Marchand's actions and should be extra motivation not to lose.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I too am shocked the Marchand 2-hander didn't get more attention.

I think it's because he missed so he's lucky. If he had connected with that it could have been serious. That was enough to break a wrist easily.
If he connects it probably hits Mo in the thigh pad and makes a big noise.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is the league even reviewing Marchand? I haven't heard that they are.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri gets 3 games

Doughty gets 1
Play on Myers ??
Hedman spear to groin??
Mcavoy slew foot??
Subban suckerpunch??

Johansen hit.
Wilson hit.

This is why the league sucks. They are wildly inconsistent with their suspension. Kadri should have been available to the Leafs in Game 3 itself. No way that was a 3 game suspension when the others aren't getting anything.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tbh I dont think any of Marchand actions were suspendible in game 3. He is a hot head and played on the line. In the playoffs a lot of stuff like this happens . Slashes, faceoff battles, bumping the goalies, etc. He is getting closer to doing something stupid. But you cant suspend someone for playing borderline dirty. It needs to be a hit or play that has a serious chance of injuring a player or does injure a player. The handed slash was a penalty and worst case a fine, but rielly and the leafs were crosschecking Marchand (which I what I want them to do. Make that bitch feel pain everytime he tries to be a pest). He needs to do a dirty hip heck, or knee on knee hit or a full slash where he connects to get suspended. And if he does he should get 5+games considering his history and the fact that he will continue to do so moving forward .

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Kadri gets 3 games

Doughty gets 1
Play on Myers ??
Hedman spear to groin??
Mcavoy slew foot??
Subban suckerpunch??

Rielly was stick swinging after Marchand too. My first instinct was to throw the book at Marchand but if you look at the replay he was no where near Rielly.

last night there was the shoulder to the face of the NJ player. Sergachev (sp?) on a NJ player, looked like it was an on purpose accident.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Tbh I dont think any of Marchand actions were suspendible in game 3. He is a hot head and played on the line. In the playoffs a lot of stuff like this happens . Slashes, faceoff battles, bumping the goalies, etc. He is getting closer to doing something stupid. But you cant suspend someone for playing borderline dirty. It needs to be a hit or play that has a serious chance of injuring a player or does injure a player. The handed slash was a penalty and worst case a fine, but rielly and the leafs were crosschecking Marchand (which I what I want them to do. Make that ***** feel pain everytime he tries to be a pest). He needs to do a dirty hip heck, or knee on knee hit or a full slash where he connects to get suspended. And if he does he should get 5+games considering his history and the fact that he will continue to do so moving forward .

My gut tells me its going to be Marner who gets cheap shoted. He is so elusive, he likes to cut across the middle and likes to button hook/stop and go and if you are a defender and you get burned your first instinct is to throw out a leg or elbow to slow the guy down.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
My gut tells me its going to be Marner who gets cheap shotted. He is so elusive, he likes to cut across the middle and button hooks and if you are a defender and you get burned your first instinct is to throw out a leg or elbow to slow the guy down.
I would honestly play Martin in game 5 and sit brown. At Boston I feel Marchand will do something incredibly stupid. If you play Martin I'm ok with him jumping off the bench pulling the Clarkson and ending Marchand season if he goes after marner or another leaf.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kadri also stated he saw Marner get hit. He should of just shut-up, saying he was playing hard, couldn't stop, put his arm into the boards to prevent his body making all the contact, glad he wasn't seriously hurt, etc. Instead he kind of made it sound like he was out for revenge.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kadri also stated he saw Marner get hit. He should of just shut-up, saying he was playing hard, couldn't stop, put his arm into the boards to prevent his body making all the contact, glad he wasn't seriously hurt, etc. Instead he kind of made it sound like he was out for revenge.

that. is why he got 3 games.
he did the bad hit, then basically said, yah, and so what? after. had he showed some sort of remorse like you said, i bet it would have been 2. admitting you were retaliating with a dirty hit like that... he deserved what he got.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I would honestly play Martin in game 5 and sit brown. At Boston I feel Marchand will do something incredibly stupid. If you play Martin I'm ok with him jumping off the bench pulling the Clarkson and ending Marchand season if he goes after marner or another leaf.

It's a little fusterating seeing Boston slip checks and not pay for it, it would be even more fusterating to watch Marner rolling on the ice injured and watching this soft team do nothing about it, but I would also ask Martin to tenderize Bostons D every time the puck goes deep, just hit the snot out of them, the more hurt they are the better it is for our skilled forwards.

I think we all saw what happens when you pressure their D and force them to make a quick read. I'm a big fan of the time and space theory in hockey. In Boston we gave them too much time to make reads and too much space to make plays. Last night we were on them like fly's on fly paper.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->