Kadri vs the field (suspensions)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I replied to your other comment and will here as well

I guessing the DOPS is basing their decision on Morriseys claim it was not intentional and he’s had no prior supplemental discipline penalties.
It was still worth 2 games IMHO! Accidental or not, it was an assault with a weapon!

Reactions: Trawna Phan

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I guessing the DOPS is basing their decision on Morriseys claim it was not intentional and he’s had no prior supplemental discipline penalties.

Not intentional? Did he think Eric Staal's face was a quail?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Not intentional? Did he think Eric Staal's face was a quail?

I know . That’s what he claimed, though.

Someone needs to ask the DOPēS if they had their druthers would they prefer to get Kadri’s ass in the helmet or a cross check to Adam’s apple?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

The history is probably the bigger variable.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I know . That’s what he claimed, though.

Someone needs to ask the DOPēS if they had their druthers would they prefer to get Kadri’s ass in the helmet or a cross check to Adam’s apple?

Well this NHL video is insightful.

Kadri got 4 reg season games for cross checking Glendening in the head. He got a 2 min Penalty on the play.

In the video they note his history as a variable in the length of suspension.

Objectively, you can see how no history and playoff vs reg season could explain the difference in suspension

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well this NHL video is insightful.

Kadri got 4 reg season games for cross checking Glendening in the head. He got a 2 min Penalty on the play.

In the video they note his history as a variable in the length of suspension.

Objectively, you can see how no history and playoff vs reg season could explain the difference in suspension

Yes, Intent and retaliation is the difference.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Kadri needs to learn to retaliate a couple of shifts later in a slightly more subtle way. And don't aim for the head.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I think Morrissey was unlucky. Staal's only 4 inches taller than him and it is hockey 101 for a defender to post up near the hashmarks during the PK.

/s

What makes this even worse is that it happens in front of a zebra. God forbid a player collapses in this kind of manner and gets hurt with the play going on around them.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Aston reese from the penguins has a broken jaw and a concussion from a shoulder to head hit from Wilson ( Capitals)

Wilson from the Capitals got 3 games like Kadri did.

Kadri missed wingels, and wingels was back in 5 minutes vs jaw broken and concussed.

Laughable type of NHL BS double standard

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Aston reese from the penguins has a broken jaw and a concussion from a shoulder to head hit from Wilson ( Capitals)

Kadri missed wingels, and wingels was back in 5 minutes vs jaw broken and concussed.

lost a lot of respect for Parros.... total double standard.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

If don’t have the guts to stand up and call Kadri’s hit for what it was... sit down.

If you are against head shots you should be glad the NHL has dished out 6 games as a result of these hits. Not moaning that your player got more or less.

I saw Wilson’s as more of a hockey play but the NHL sees it different. Good on them.

I don’t want either on my team.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Didn't Wingels miss at least a game, possibly more with his concussion?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Wilson should have gotten suspended for his hit against Wennberg in the first round...notice how he lifts off his skates...then you wouldn't have him breaking Aston-Reese's jaw and giving him a concussion. Parros is a joke.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Didn't Wingels miss at least a game, possibly more with his concussion?

He sat out.

I’d be leery of calling it a concussion. Return to play protocol is time based and you essentially have to be symptom free through 10 stages. Each one tested 24 hrs apart. 10 days minimum out of action if you have a concusssion

I hope no other parents have to learn these details.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If don’t have the guts to stand up and call Kadri’s hit for what it was... sit down.

If you are against head shots you should be glad the NHL has dished out 6 games as a result of these hits. Not moaning that your player got more or less.

I saw Wilson’s as more of a hockey play but the NHL sees it different. Good on them.

I don’t want either on my team.

Head shot is a head shot...pfft, this more of a hockey play BS...Kadri admitting it was premeditated during an interview didn't help his case...would have gotten 1 or 2 games without the admission...Kadri reacted to Marner getting elbowed...most teammates would have done what Kadri did...Wilson's hit was malicious...he was skating at full-force with an intent to hurt somebody, and he did...he did the same thing to Wennberg in the first round.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Head shot is a head shot...pfft, this more of a hockey play BS...Kadri admitting it was premeditated during an interview didn't help his case...would have gotten 1 or 2 games without the admission...Kadri reacted to Marner getting elbowed...most teammates would have done what Kadri did...Wilson's hit was malicious...he was skating at full-force with an intent to hurt somebody, and he did...he did the same thing to Wennberg in the first round.

When I say “hockey play” I mean the kind of stuff many of us grew up with. Wendel Clark on Bruce Bell type hit.

I don’t care to debate one hit over the other. Both were head shots in the eyes of the league.

Both were suspended. Good enough for me. The league is trying to clean this up. Great.

Whining about Kadri’s treatment is pretty pathetic. And that’s what I’m commenting on.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
When I say “hockey play” I mean the kind of stuff many of us grew up with. Wendel Clark on Bruce Bell type hit.

I don’t care to debate one hit over the other. Both were head shots in the eyes of the league.

Both were suspended. Good enough for me.

Whining about Kadri’s treatment is pretty pathetic. And that’s what I’m commenting on.

Who's whining about it? Hits to the head is not considered a "hockey play" anymore in this age...the NHL is trying to get rid of these hits...time has changed...nailing someone like Kadri did or cross-checking them against the boards is not any less of a hockey play...it has been part of hockey. I'm just glad someone else like Wilson got his due...what a dirty player.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Who's whining about it? Hits to the head is not considered a "hockey play" anymore in this age...the NHL is trying to get rid of these hits...time has changed...nailing someone like Kadri did or cross-checking them against the boards is not any less of a hockey play...it has been part of hockey. I'm just glad someone else like Wilson got his due...what a dirty player.

Ok. Then we have no beef.

Again, I am focused on the idiotic argument that Kadri didn’t deserve what he got.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

Exactly... watching these heavier teams play eg. Winnipeg,Nashville,Bos, heck even Tampa this series... you see these gray area hits, and sometimes the ref misses them or sees the fallen player get back up - and play resumes.

If astonReese gets back up and was ok to play there probably wouldnt have been a 3 game suspension. Maybe a 1 game and a hearing.

So many hits and close calls in the playoffs... and how can you not differentiate a 3 game for wilsons actions and 3 games for Kadris.
The results were different & the cause was different.

One guy was sticking up for his teammate.
The other was head hunting from 50 ft away.

Im not defending dangerous plays in hockey, for the sake of the Leafs.

Im just pointing out another glaring incompetent double standard in the officiating which caused us to lose our Center for 3 games in the playoffs, when everyone else gets 1 game only for arguably more egregious foul hits.

Here is finally another 3 game suspendee in wilson, and if that merits a 3 game suspension, then Kadris hit was a 1 game.

Im glad they are stopping these kinds of plays as much as they can, but man, you cant help but to feel the NHL when adjudicating the Kadri hit had some extra bit of Malice and sadism to Toronto especislly when Marchand goes elbowing people nonstop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->