Kadri vs. Kerfoot. Who is the more effective third line C?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
After Barrie is gone its still Kadri and a 3rd for Kerfoot and a 6th... and

I suspect Barrie being moved is a good idea when looking at the return above which is lacking at present. Moving Barrie for a 2nd and 5th but definitely a second minimum and the deal evens up including a million cap saving at that point.

Kerfoot a 2nd/6th and $1,000,000 cap saving would make it a even deal i believe. Right now, Colorado is winning the deal!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kerfoot has been good with the Leafs. Probably their top C this year.

I watched the Colorado at Vegas game tonight until it got out of hand and Kadri really fits in nicely. They are the best team to watch right now. They’ve upgraded their D , solid goaltending and MacKinnon is one of the best players in the league.

I don’t care if Kadri wins a Cup but, if they are healthy in the playoffs I’d enjoy watching them if they did.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Who will be the more effective 3C in the playoffs against Boston is the only thing that matters. Likely, it will end up being the one who in't voluntarily absent 2/3 of the time.

Reactions: Pookie

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Easy! Just put in Gardiner and Sandin to replace them, or if you prefer, Lilly and sandin. Both are already better defensively than Barrie

Was that supposed to be a tough one or something!
Gardiner wouldn’t fit under the cap with Kadri. Lilly and Sandin are not both already better defensively then Barrie. Try again.

Reactions: kb

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Kadri is a much better goal scorer, and grittier, but Kerfoot drives play better because he can skate, and plays an overall low event style of game. Overall I'd say they're a lot closer than most people realize, Kerfoot won't put up the offensive numbers Kadri does, but he also won't give up as much defensively.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Who will be the more effective 3C in the playoffs against Boston is the only thing that matters. Likely, it will end up being the one who in't voluntarily absent 2/3 of the time.
Unless Boston adds some secondary scoring I cant see them going to the SCF, therefore we may never know.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Kadri has looked incredible for the Avs. He’s dominating a lot of the time out there. Should have seen him fly on a breakaway tonight.

Kadri's xGF% is only 41.48 compared to 50.16 for Kerfoot. It will be interesting to see how that plays out over a larger sample size, but so far it looks like Kadri has been getting better luck and/or not been good defensively.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm a fan of Kerfoot so far, he's decent.

If only the Wild decided to hold off on trading Coyle until the offseason, I'd have loved to see Toronto trade for him to fill the #3C spot.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Kerfoot has way better time on ice record, lacking being in the box, he knows how to use his head for the most part, some people will disagree with me, but I think he is the better all around player for many reasons, wise move in hindsight. Kerfoot won't cost us a G7.

Reactions: Pookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad