Proposal: Kadri for a blueliner

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Kadri is not worth a young number 1 Dman. Good luck with that ambition

Actually to us he is, what ever coutts would get, kadri gets. Kadri is untoucvable unless its for something we cant turn down, you know, like a num 1 D, good luck with not understanding how assests work

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
There are many different types of value that these threads don't take into account.

There is team A really wants/needs a player and will overpay somewhat value.
There is a team has to trade a player value.
There is a team doesn't have to trade a player but teams are asking value.
There is we don't want to trade him but the offer is so good value.

When all these trade threads are made, you have to take into account other team needs, your team needs and if you need to move that player.
If you go through your own team roster and only come up with 1 or 2 players you don't care about moving, chances are the other team doesn't care either.

So for Kadri's worth, it's probably in line with a quality 2nd line center in the NHL.
Now that can be for picks only, players + picks or 1 for 1.
Leaf fans at this time are probably looking for the "we don't want to trade him but the offer is so good value."
Which is probably a solid D 1 for 1 deal.
I don't see those available at this time. So it's probably best to keep Kadri and play to the teams center strengths when competing. Look for another lower level D addition for support.

Ding Ding Ding Ding.

This post needs to be pinned and refered to before any trade thread is made.

Quality post!!!

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Keep telling yourself that

You guys are notorious for over rating your players you pick and choose years pick and choose stats to make your argument. Facts are facts. Ror and schenn over all points over all stats minus qoc by a small margin are better than kadri. You can sit here and argue all day long. But in the end facts are facts. Also if I was off my rocker or of base another teams fan would call me out.... not seeing that cause everyone agrees you all are over valuing kadri. He will not bag you a top Dman nor is he even close to a 1c. Have a great weekend. Stay off the booze

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Top 4 dman have gone less then what I have proposed. Idk what ur on
2018 1st
Middle six winger
And a B prospect could return one, smh.

I wish we could have made a trade like the above over the last 2 years when we have been trying to do so. We can continue to hope though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
But in the end facts are facts. Also if I was off my rocker or of base another teams fan would call me out.... not seeing that cause everyone agrees you all are over valuing kadri. He will not bag you a top Dman nor is he even close to a 1c. Have a great weekend. Stay off the booze

Kadri won't bag us a top Dman (not sure if anyone's claimed he would) and that's fine, we're not looking to trade him.

Based on the last 2 years, Kadri has performed at a #1C level by pretty much any metric you'd care to use so your statement that he's not even close is very far off the mark.

You enjoy your weekend too!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Thats a hard trade to make,giving up a good young top end blueliner, for a great young 30 goal center on a great deal...These are the types of players teams are always looking for,to find a team that needs one over the other is likely going to be a very tough trade to find

Raymoondo

Leafs Cup 2021
Apr 9, 2013
Toronto
You guys are notorious for over rating your players you pick and choose years pick and choose stats to make your argument. Facts are facts. Ror and schenn over all points over all stats minus qoc by a small margin are better than kadri. You can sit here and argue all day long. But in the end facts are facts. Also if I was off my rocker or of base another teams fan would call me out.... not seeing that cause everyone agrees you all are over valuing kadri. He will not bag you a top Dman nor is he even close to a 1c. Have a great weekend. Stay off the booze
lol why didn't you respond to the person actually providing facts against your claims?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Facts are facts? Post some facts then buddy. I haven't taken math since high school, these stats really aren't hard to look up or analyse. Corsica.hockey and hockey-reference.com in separate tabs, click a few buttons to get into the columns on corsica, bust out the +, -, *, and / functions on your windows calculator and you're talking like a stats guru in no time.

Just to clarify the difference between facts and opinions:
In 2016-2017 Kadri played 82 games, putting up 61 points with +1.4 corsi rel, against 29.61 TOIQoC. That was the toughest competiton out of any Leaf forwards and he tied for third on the team in points and second in goals. He was second out of Leafs forwards in ES icetime.
Those are facts. There is zero commentary or analysis done there.

I don't know what you want a low end #1C to look like, but that looks pretty darn good to me.
That is an opinion. I made an assessment of the facts and have taken a position on how I interpret those facts. My opinion could be wrong, but the facts are correct because you are correct when you say facts are facts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those numbers would have made him the Blues runaway #1C that year.
I even invited you to post some facts that support your opinion, but tbh that's mostly just me being cheeky.

But at this point I've posted stats for their recent two years and I've posted stats for their entire careers, both of which seem to have supported my arguments. I'm particularly impressed that you have the gall to point out Kadri's 39 and 45 point years (which followed a 44 in 48 and a 50 point year, and came before the 61 and 55 point years) as evidence of a weaker player and then accuse me of picking and choosing years and careers.

It's true that there's no neutral fans disagreeing with you, but no "neutral" fans are disagreeing with me either, it's almost as if most neutral fans don't go into threads to dump on a player. I guess there was the guy who said Kadri would get 30 points this year, but I don't think we should call him neutral.

I'd invite you again to post some stats because it really would be an entertaining conversation, but through the fanbase bashing, repeated insistence that your opinion is fact, and appeal to other HF posters as authorities (lmao) I think I'm probably going to have to get my jollies elsewhere. I don't drink much nowadays, so I'll probably just watch Auston Matthews highlights all weekend. Hell yeah.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
:laugh:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
If Toronto decides to keep Nylander, trading Kadri makes sense then. Either way they need to trade for a good young defenseman. Will cost them Kadri or Nylander IMO.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Toronto decides to keep Nylander, trading Kadri makes sense then. Either way they need to trade for a good young defenseman. Will cost them Kadri or Nylander IMO.
I keep Kadri personally,kid has that grit that top 9 needs

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Why don't you go back a few more years 60 POINT season was the best he has also had 39 and 45 POINT seasons. He has never been a 1c in his career and corsi possession stats are far better for schenn and ror. Kadri is not and never will be a 1c. Ror and schenn have proven they are. Also your qoc numbers are barley different get a grip.

Sad silly Blues fans, you don't have a 1C. And Schenn isn't, nor ever was better than Kadri.

You got a couple 2C's and a 3C in Bozak. You can't get a 1C for the scraps you gave up, that just doesn't happen.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

ashs

Oct 27, 2007

I'd rather keep kadri.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sad silly Blues fans, you don't have a 1C. And Schenn isn't, nor ever was better than Kadri.

You got a couple 2C's and a 3C in Bozak. You can't get a 1C for the scraps you gave up, that just doesn't happen.
How is a 70center in schenn bit a 1c. Your just be g a turd. Let's see how ror does with tarasenko. But yo join in fun your defense isn't that great have a good year can't wait to play you.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Center depth (good 2 way Cs) > 1D

i.e. if you have 3 centers that can match any line that is more beneficial to your team than having s 1C

Kadri stays

Cotton

May 13, 2013
How is a 70center in schenn bit a 1c. Your just be g a turd. Let's see how ror does with tarasenko. But yo join in fun your defense isn't that great have a good year can't wait to play you.

Schenn having a career year offensively (who was outscored by our current 3C just the season before) doesn't make him a 1C.

They are 1C's in the same way Kyle Turris, Nazem Kadri, Duchene, RNH and Bo Horvat are 1C's. They may not hurt you but they aren't what you want as your top centre if you're gunning for a Cup.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Actually to us he is, what ever coutts would get, kadri gets. Kadri is untoucvable unless its for something we cant turn down, you know, like a num 1 D, good luck with not understanding how assests work
Yah, that's not how assets work. Like he said, good luck with that quest

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He's worth so much more than Scandella. Scandella isn't very good and Kadri is a #1C. Dahlin is the only player on the Sabres he's worth.

There's some other guy on the Sabres who's a pretty good centre himself. Can't remember his name though, he never gets compared to Leafs players. What's it, Eight Ball? Reichel? Something like that, it'll come to me.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
There's some other guy on the Sabres who's a pretty good centre himself. Can't remember his name though, he never gets compared to Leafs players. What's it, Eight Ball? Reichel? Something like that, it'll come to me.

The difference between kadri and eichel is not 5.5m

upload_2018-8-17_18-39-12.png

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
The difference between kadri and eichel is not 5.5m

View attachment 135097

As much as I love Kadri, these posts don't do us any favors when being taken seriously by other fanbases. Eichel is 21 years old and has shown no sign of being at his peak.It's been widely acknowledged that he would have been a first overall pick in most drafts. He played through an injury last season and has a higher upside than any Leaf except Matthews(and even that is debatable depending on how much you value goals vs playmaking)

Even if I were to put stock into those stastics, Kadri's in his prime and is more of a what you see is what you get type. I like what I see but I have to think that 99.9% of us would flip Kadri for Eichel without hesitation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad