Eichel - 57 in 61 games (.934ppg)

Corsi rel

2017-2018
Kadri - -2.21
Eichel - +1.47

2016-2017
Kadri - +.96
Eichel - +.53

On PPG alone, I'm quite happy to say that Eichel is the better player and then when we add in the fact that he's 21 years old and hasn't even close to peaked, I'll very happily declare him to be the more valuable player by a mile AINEC. It's so not even close that it's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I also completely reject your premise that Kadri's contract makes him more valuable because Kadri's contract won't make him more valuable than Matthews either, who I expect to make more than Eichel.

Hats off (or a tip of the hat).

You will not make many friends in a certain subset of Leafs fans.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What is more difficult to find ?

A 3C or a top 4D ?

That is basically the equation.
I think the point is that Kadri isn't needed to get that Top 4 D. There are other pieces that can be moved that won't create an immediate hole that needs to be filled. It just makes absolutely no sense.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lots of what if. Let’s play that game again. What if Zaitsev is trash again? What if Rielly season was a fluke? What if Lil can’t keep up with the pace of NHL players? What if Dermott already peaked as a third pairing D?

See how easy it is with “What if”
Actually 2. One being exactly what Zaitsev did a year ago LOL.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think the point is that Kadri isn't needed to get that Top 4 D. There are other pieces that can be moved that won't create an immediate hole that needs to be filled. It just makes absolutely no sense.
What would those pieces be and what top 4 would interest leaf fans.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
Look I don't know what to comment on first so here I go on topics I'm getting really tired of.
1. I said this on one of the many "trade Nylander for a 1D" can we please stop trading (insert name hereKadri) for D. The Leafs have spent alot of time building their forward depth more importantly their center depth to trade one of them. How do you trade a guy who is dirt cheap (after signing an extention) that scored 64 goals and 121 pts in the last 2 season who will be playing on the 3rd line has become a shutdown type guy. These are the guys you keep
2. Willy will play center on the powerplay on his strong side, so he is a center!
3. The Buffalo Rasmus Ristolainen suggestion really why would Buffalo do anything to help the Leafs? and visa versa

I'm not sold on the fact that the Leafs D is as bad as everyone thinks! I saw/heard a radio interview from the Good Show and someone was suggesting that the Leafs might play 7 D-men on a regular basis (one of the issues was that Hainsey broke down as the playoffs began, as Babs kept him on the PK for almost all of it). The reasoning is that you have 2 1/2 top lines on this team the 4th line is going to see what 4-6 min per game? What you do is you don't have a 4th line center and your 4th line becomes a rotation of centers (you have the big 3 in JT, AM and NK but you have Willy, Marleau who have played center). You have a 23 person roster with 20 players dressing so you carry 11 forwards 7 D and 2 goalies (2 forwards and 1 d-man in the press box), you can have Reilly, Gardiner, Carrick, Hainsey, Dermott, Holl, Zaitsev mix and match dependent on the situation.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Kadri a #1C ?

On the Canadiens, maybe, and in the AHL, probably on most teams.

How is he not a #1C? He's top 10 in goals amongst centers over the past 2 seasons. He's in the top 90 percentile for QoC over the last two seasons. Most goals above replacement models put him as a top 20 center.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
You guys going to re-sign Kadri? No? Well the price teams will be willing to pay is going to keep dropping. If he's integral to your plans for playoff runs for the length of his contract by all means keep him until he's priced out.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Look I don't know what to comment on first so here I go on topics I'm getting really tired of.
1. I said this on one of the many "trade Nylander for a 1D" can we please stop trading (insert name hereKadri) for D. The Leafs have spent alot of time building their forward depth more importantly their center depth to trade one of them. How do you trade a guy who is dirt cheap (after signing an extention) that scored 64 goals and 121 pts in the last 2 season who will be playing on the 3rd line has become a shutdown type guy. These are the guys you keep
2. Willy will play center on the powerplay on his strong side, so he is a center!
3. The Buffalo Rasmus Ristolainen suggestion really why would Buffalo do anything to help the Leafs? and visa versa

I'm not sold on the fact that the Leafs D is as bad as everyone thinks! I saw/heard a radio interview from the Good Show and someone was suggesting that the Leafs might play 7 D-men on a regular basis (one of the issues was that Hainsey broke down as the playoffs began, as Babs kept him on the PK for almost all of it). The reasoning is that you have 2 1/2 top lines on this team the 4th line is going to see what 4-6 min per game? What you do is you don't have a 4th line center and your 4th line becomes a rotation of centers (you have the big 3 in JT, AM and NK but you have Willy, Marleau who have played center). You have a 23 person roster with 20 players dressing so you carry 11 forwards 7 D and 2 goalies (2 forwards and 1 d-man in the press box), you can have Reilly, Gardiner, Carrick, Hainsey, Dermott, Holl, Zaitsev mix and match dependent on the situation.
Well just a heads up. You’re not obligated to speak here so you don’t have to. You can just ignore the thread and move on.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
You guys going to re-sign Kadri? No? Well the price teams will be willing to pay is going to keep dropping. If he's integral to your plans for playoff runs for the length of his contract by all means keep him until he's priced out.
Well this is about the dumbest thing I have read today. You can’t be serious. His contract is for another 4 years.

Reactions: Raymoondo

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Well this is about the dumbest thing I have read today. You can’t be serious. His contract is for another 4 years.

keep him! it's better than offering him up in trade every day then getting all offended when no one wants to give you a top pairing defenseman for him. He's surplus for you right now, as stacked as your team is, and has less future in TOR than Tavares, Nylander, Matthews, and Marner. Correct? TOR has a huge fanbase and opinions seem to be all over the place so I won't lump you all together, but the prevailing theory is you need defense. or if not "need" exactly, it seems to be the position people want to shore up the most. Kadri with 4 years on this (pretty good/great) contract is going to get you more than Kadri with 3 years left. If no one is offering you much for Kadri with 4 years, you're going to get progressively more disappointed as time goes on. If you want to maximize the return in value (you, plural) then the sooner the better. You can of course do any number of things and it could all work out. TOR offense should be ridiculous so you'll probably be fine just rolling on as-is IMO. If he's as good as you (singular) seem to think then there is very little chance you'll retain him at the end of this contract unless one of the other 4 is no longer with you, as he will demand a raise.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
keep him! it's better than offering him up in trade every day then getting all offended when no one wants to give you a top pairing defenseman for him. He's surplus for you right now, as stacked as your team is, and has less future in TOR than Tavares, Nylander, Matthews, and Marner. Correct? TOR has a huge fanbase and opinions seem to be all over the place so I won't lump you all together, but the prevailing theory is you need defense. or if not "need" exactly, it seems to be the position people want to shore up the most. Kadri with 4 years on this (pretty good/great) contract is going to get you more than Kadri with 3 years left. If no one is offering you much for Kadri with 4 years, you're going to get progressively more disappointed as time goes on. If you want to maximize the return in value (you, plural) then the sooner the better. You can of course do any number of things and it could all work out. TOR offense should be ridiculous so you'll probably be fine just rolling on as-is IMO. If he's as good as you (singular) seem to think then there is very little chance you'll retain him at the end of this contract unless one of the other 4 is no longer with you, as he will demand a raise.
I read the first 2 words and I’ll be more then happy to keep him. Thanks.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Learn a lot from who? Someone that said Kadris value is going down cause he only has 4 years left on his contract?

that's not what i said. it's what you chose to read because you're probably really into self righteous indignation.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'd keep Kadri and trade Nylander if I was forced to choose. As much as I don't think he's better than Seguin, Kuznetzov or Eichel I think he's a damn good #2 C and having him as a #3 C is just silly depth.

I would much rather face a team with Nylander than Kadri.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
How is he not a #1C? He's top 10 in goals amongst centers over the past 2 seasons. He's in the top 90 percentile for QoC over the last two seasons. Most goals above replacement models put him as a top 20 center.
He's probably in the 20-30 range of centers, he'd be a number one C on a few teams, but not good ones.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He's probably in the 20-30 range of centers, he'd be a number one C on a few teams, but not good ones.

Far stretch from AHL teams though as the other poster suggested.

20-30 is fine. We're still not dealing him. Having a 20-30 guy in the #3C position is something no other NHL team has.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Far stretch from AHL teams though as the other poster suggested.

20-30 is fine. We're still not dealing him. Having a 20-30 guy in the #3C position is something no other NHL team has.
Maybe sj, not sure if pavs/couture both play c still? Not the high end 1-2 of the leafs though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->