Eichel - 57 in 61 games (.934ppg)

Corsi rel

2017-2018
Kadri - -2.21
Eichel - +1.47

2016-2017
Kadri - +.96
Eichel - +.53

On PPG alone, I'm quite happy to say that Eichel is the better player and then when we add in the fact that he's 21 years old and hasn't even close to peaked, I'll very happily declare him to be the more valuable player by a mile AINEC. It's so not even close that it's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

I also completely reject your premise that Kadri's contract makes him more valuable because Kadri's contract won't make him more valuable than Matthews either, who I expect to make more than Eichel.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
There are no good defenseman on a good contract? Manson, Slavin? Leafs may have to add but the lack of thought in this thread...

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
If Toronto decides to keep Nylander, trading Kadri makes sense then. Either way they need to trade for a good young defenseman. Will cost them Kadri or Nylander IMO.
They don’t have trade for a good young defenceman. They can keep doing what they’re doing and develop their own. They are a young team. Everything will come together. No need to rush. But just to be fair I could go either way. I like trades. But that doesn’t mean they have to make a move.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What if Leafs top 4 going forward in 2019-20 is:

Rielly Zaitsev
Dermott Liljegren

What if Zaitsev plays 80 games and puts up 40 points and plays the PP and PK? What if Liljegren shines in camp and plays the last 40 games of the season with the Leafs ala Dermott?

Leafs bottom pair and depth in 2019-20 could be a combo of:

Borgman Carrick
Rosen Holl
Marincin Ozhiganov

I think we will know more closer to the deadline of what is needed. We are guessing right now.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What if Leafs top 4 going forward in 2019-20 is:

Rielly Zaitsev
Dermott Liljegren

What if Zaitsev plays 80 games and puts up 40 points and plays the PP and PK? What if Liljegren shines in camp and plays the last 40 games of the season with the Leafs ala Dermott?

Leafs bottom pair and depth in 2019-20 could be a combo of:

Borgman Carrick
Rosen Holl
Marincin Ozhiganov

I think we will know more closer to the deadline of what is needed. We are guessing right now.

Lots of what if. Let’s play that game again. What if Zaitsev is trash again? What if Rielly season was a fluke? What if Lil can’t keep up with the pace of NHL players? What if Dermott already peaked as a third pairing D?

See how easy it is with “What if”

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Schenn having a career year offensively (who was outscored by our current 3C just the season before) doesn't make him a 1C.

They are 1C's in the same way Kyle Turris, Nazem Kadri, Duchene, RNH and Bo Horvat are 1C's. They may not hurt you but they aren't what you want as your top centre if you're gunning for a Cup.

Say what you want but he out performed kadri and earned the 1c title. But hey in the same aspect I guess Morgan Riley isn't a #1d not like petro doughty, hedman ect you want a #1d if your gunnungvfir the cup. Lol see how silly you seem

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buffalo got Scandella for Ennis Foligno and a 3rd. Scandella is a decent player but I highly doubt he upped his stock enough to get a Kadri in one year.
Kadri might well be worth more than Scandella, but basing his value off a trade where BUFF stole him from MN is not smart. If Scandella was a RHD he would be a good add for the Leafs.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
if the plan was for nylander to play C then the leafs wouldn't have signed Tavares :laugh:

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
???

2017-2018 Points
Kadri - 55
ROR - 61
Schenn - 70

2016-2017
Kadri - 61
ROR - 55
Schenn - 55

Who are you calling a 50 point centre?

TOIQoC @ ES 2017-2018
Kadri 29.78
Schenn 29.59
O'Rielly 29.45

For reference, across the three teams, Kadri has the 2nd highest TOIQOC of any forward. Matthews is 1st, Marleau is 3rd. Schenn sits 8th, between Eichel at 7th, and Tarasenko at 9th. O'Rielly sits at 11th, between Steen at 10th, and Nylander at 12th. Evander Kane was the highest TOIQoC on the Sabres, Eichel was the highest TOIQoC centre, O'Rielly was 2nd. Schwartz was the highest Blue, Schenn was the highest TOIQoC centre. Matthews was the highest Leafs forward and C, Kadri ranked 2nd for forwards and C's.

2016-2017 TOIQoC
O'Rielly 29.66
Kadri 29.61
Schenn 28.93

Schenn and O'Rielly do have better Corsi rel, I'll give you that one. But if you want to talk about having 60 points on the worst team in hockey, I want to talk about how a good player's corsi rel should look when they're on the worst team in hockey.

Well said.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Now Carey Price at 2 mil retained for the next 8 years, so you get him at 8.5 mil for a 2020 1st and what ever cap dumps you wanna give us to fit Carey under the cap.

So

Carey Price at 8.5 mil x 8 years

For

2020 1st, Andersen, other cap dumps

Price and Tavares are good friends and would love to win some cups together..
This is the kind of offense that Carey deserves to play with in front of him.
This would be a great deal for the Leafs, at 8,5 mil I think that Carey would be a good deal for you guys moving forward and would win you some cups.
no

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Say what you want but he out performed kadri and earned the 1c title. But hey in the same aspect I guess Morgan Riley isn't a #1d not like petro doughty, hedman ect you want a #1d if your gunnungvfir the cup. Lol see how silly you seem

Um.. no, because that’s true. Rielly isn’t a true #1, Doughty is. He is passable and doesn’t hurt us, but ideally he is a #2 next to a true #1. There are only a handful of true 1D in the league, St.Louis is lucky to have one of them.

You need to stop being so defensive and take a step back to look at what they actually have, not what you wish they had.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Um.. no, because that’s true. Rielly isn’t a true #1, Doughty is. He is passable and doesn’t hurt us, but ideally he is a #2 next to a true #1. There are only a handful of true 1D in the league, St.Louis is lucky to have one of them.

You need to stop being so defensive and take a step back to look at what they actually have, not what you wish they had.
I think this time last year you were not so high and mighty. You land Tavares and are smugg as hell. If you go to nhl rankings of centers schenn is 21 and ror is 26. Also qoc can be skewed by playing on the penalty kill vs playing on power play. Usually pk is meant for more defensively sound players who generally are not considered high quality do to not getting as many points.

Also kadri wasn't in top fifty. When I get time I will find every single stat I can and post all three side by side good or bad. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong do you if you end up being wrong

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I think this time last year you were not so high and mighty. You land Tavares and are smugg as hell. If you go to nhl rankings of centers schenn is 21 and ror is 26. Also qoc can be skewed by playing on the penalty kill vs playing on power play. Usually pk is meant for more defensively sound players who generally are not considered high quality do to not getting as many points.

Also kadri wasn't in top fifty. When I get time I will find every single stat I can and post all three side by side good or bad. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong do you if you end up being wrong

Good lord, I’m being high and mighty since the Leafs signed Tavares? LOL.

You do whatever you need to do my man.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Kadri might well be worth more than Scandella, but basing his value off a trade where BUFF stole him from MN is not smart. If Scandella was a RHD he would be a good add for the Leafs.

If he was a RHD he would be a good add, but he’s not. Even if he was, he wouldn’t be worth Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad