Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Right, 'cause given your posting history that's an obvious joke. :rolleyes:

I was just trying to be helpful, my dude.

It actually was quite obvious.

In a game with 5 goals, 8 players registering a point, it makes sense that those players are playing more minutes. There. That's my serious response

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Love that Quinn is giving him a real chance out then when he puts him on a line with McKegg. Fast should be on the 3rd/4th line and KK playing with Strome and Breadman for the remainder of the season.

Kakko has been ok which is better than his bad usual 5v5. We've already seen him on the top lines. Its not pretty. With the coach's job being to win games, Kakko won't play with those 2 until he proves himself some more

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Kakko has been ok which is better than his bad usual 5v5. We've already seen him on the top lines. Its not pretty. With the coach's job being to win games, Kakko won't play with those 2 until he proves himself some more

Yeah, but this coach's job shouldn't be to win games right now.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I miss the days when switching from my wood Koho to a fiberglass stick felt ulta-experimental.
Hah yeah, that was a drastic change. My first composite sticks were good ol' Montreals.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
And I agree with the guy who mentioned his release. It's not Staal bad but he could use some work on it. NHL goalies are too good- once he decides to shoot he needs to be able to get from 0-60 quicker

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Yeah, but this coach's job shouldn't be to win games right now.
That's always the coach's job. Developing players is one thing, but looking further down the line is the job of management. You can't ask a coach to turn on and off winning games, and the players wouldn't sit for it, either. As fans, we look at things one way, but coaches and players simply cannot do that.

Put it another way: Quinn won't get another contract in the NHL because Kaapo Kakko becomes a 1st-line quality forward on a team that loses every game from here to the spring.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Every coach's job is to win every game. They don't "throw" for a rebuild. Last year is a good example of that with the rangers. They kept winning even when they would benefit more by losing.
Exactly. Even the Kings and red wings. They obviously are rebuilding but they aren’t throwing games

Reactions: CasusBelli

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I agree, the fact that diguisseppe is playing above him is mind boggling. Not to mention strome and fast being glued to panarin. I love fast but enough is enough already. Guy is a third liner best

So is Kakko at the moment, to be honest.

The DiGiuseppe situation just reminds me of Jayson Megna.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My point is if your going to force minutes with panarin you’d assume it’s with kakko and not fast

Look, I think you put your best prospect in franchise history in a position to succeed. The 4th line isn't really that. But I've said all I wanted to say about Quinn throughout the season.

I think the amount of slack he gets from fans is ridiculous. If AV did this, fans would be out with pitchforks already. I don't think Quinn is a bad coach, but he isn't as good as he thinks he is. He's a good coach with flaws he needs to work on

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't really mind if he's playing lower, what I do mind is seeing him still being bad defensively. Like, should some coach tell him how to defend? I refuse to belive it's a case like Puljujärvi where the player is just not understanding.

Stick to your f***ing D-man Kakko FFS.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kakko awakens.

He figured something out in the middle half of the second period. Was the best sustained confidence I’ve seen from him all season.

He was engaged, and you could see he wasn’t thinking as much, he was seeing the ice two or three steps ahead which allowed him to use his body more effectively, and allow his hands to make some plays.

He wasn’t getting knocked off pucks much if at all when he usually does and he had a few very skilled moves along with a good hard shot that he deceived the defenseman with.

He also had the awareness to come back and get an important icing for the team late in the game sprinting out Eichel one on one to the puck.

Good signs, win or lose it was good to see him take a step tonight

Was happy to see Quinn recognize he was going and give him some quality time at the end but I felt he could’ve used him instead of Strome on the PP earlier

Last edited:

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Kakko awakens.

He figured something out in the middle half of the second period. Was the best sustained confidence I’ve seen from him all season.

He was engaged, and you could see he wasn’t thinking as much, he was seeing the ice two or three steps ahead which allowed him to use his body more effectively, and allow his hands to make some plays.

He wasn’t getting knocked off pucks much if at all when he usually does and he had a few very skilled moves along with a good hard shot that he deceived the defenseman with.

He also had the awareness to come back and get an important icing for the team late in the game sprinting out Eichel one on one to the puck.

Good signs, win or lose it was good to see him take a step tonight

Was happy to see Quinn recognize he was going and give him some quality time at the end but I felt he could’ve used him instead of Strome on the PP earlier
So... Is he a slow skater? Half joking, half serious, didnt see the game (and the sprint with Eichel).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad