Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Right, now he's pissed. How many years of excuses has he made for this team. He's employed by them so now he's admitting to the mistakes that Chia has made since he's gone now. I don't respect that.

That is just standard procedure for Bob Stauffer though. As soon as the coach/GM/player is gone, he jumps on them and starts blaming them for everything. Never once has he said a bad thing about somebody when they are still with the team. I get that he works for the team, so can't say much, but that is why people should just not listen to him at all. Employees who want to STAY as employees are not in the practice of talking crap about their employer on the radio, lol. What do people expect? He's *literally* a paid shill.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why though, Hitch is a very good coach and has the track record to prove it at every level hes coached at. We dont have the players or leadership/character to win games.

The team is a lot worse under him.by every metric, he has no idea what he's doing with the lines and goalies. He WAS a very good coach, he's now past his expiration date.

The roster is a dogs breakfast but they have never ever been this bad in the McDavid era. This is Eakins Oilers level bad. Just look at a team like Montreal for example with a mediocre roster. Night and day difference with their cohesiveness and hustle.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well now what’s the problem? Are we circling back to coaching? Because I sure am.
It's never been coaching. Even if Hitch is worse than McLellan (which he definitely is).

It's a shit roster with too many shit players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yep. Absolutely no respect for it at all.

Defended or made excuses for every single one of Chiarelli's trades when they were made. Now that he's gone has no hesitation in calling out the bad moves (while simultaneously trying to suggest that the OBC who are still here had nothing to do with any of this mess).

While its frustrating, it is basically his job that pays his bills. He can't go too critical or he'll get fired.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
They are worse under Hitch.

But there's no point in firing him now. The season's over already and the roster isn't good enough to matter who the coach is. I'd wait until the end of the year, quietly tell Hitch he wont be back and then have whichever coach that gets hired as the new head coach get to choose who he wants to keep and who he wants to turf.
The answer isn't the coach. But obviously a clean slate, change over a large portion of roster is coming again for this team. I love these rebuilds every 3 f***ing years.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The “something” is hotdog. Clearly that’s what is in the water. If we trade McDavid, we eliminate the hotdog water. Hotdog water is the natural enemy of burgers. It’s science.

Unfortunately, all I could think of while reading your post was this:

51i8gwR5uML.jpg

Actually pretty apropo when discussing this team.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I am happy for Caggulia I always respected his effort and he was one of the few forwards with an ounce of puck IQ and was an underrated hitter. Now he's playing first line with two future hall of famers while the return who obliterated McD's collarbone is scratched. Koskinen signed to a 3 year deal with a .800 save % in the last 10 games How can this really be happening?!?!

Peoples dead great grandparents could see Chiarelli was in full sabotage mode starting a week before Christmas. It was planned by him to go out guns blazing. There is absolutely no reason Koskinen should be sitting with a 4.5 million contract and Manning on this roster. I would happen to think when he was let go he was a period away from moving the 1st pick to Vancouver for Gudbranson. People actually believed in this turd.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hitch is going to have a stroke coaching this team, brutal effort in the 3rd. Fragile team that can't handle pressure or adversity.
His exact quote was ‘I didn’t see that third period coming’. Poor bastard.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
While its frustrating, it is basically his job that pays his bills. He can't go too critical or he'll get fired.

He's a shill. Good for him he's made a living off of it. I wont begrudge him for it. But I'm still not going to respect this trash.

Reactions: Aerrol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad