Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Does anyone remember or have Caggiula's comments after the trade?
Caggiula ‘more comfortable’ in Chicago after trade

“I think I was maybe walking on eggshells trying to please certain people and all that certain stuff. Now I’m forgetting all about that and just playing hockey again. I got a fresh start here in a new organization and I’m able to just come in with a clear mind and play hockey without having to think. That’s making it a lot easier for me.”
Caggiula saying he was looking to please certain persons in the OEG while feeling as if he was walking on eggshells are interesting comments and not necessarily a good look for the Edmonton Oilers. He could, too, be referring to the awkward time post-trade before he arrived in Chicago that forced him to practice with the Sherwood Park Crusaders.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
He's going to have a better season than Koskinen next year.

Book it.

Agreed. I think he ends up in Philly next year, as a backup to Hart. Hart already trains with him, is clearly destined for greatness, and just needs a high end 1B/backup so he’s not in over his head. I bet you it’s a 52/30 game split, and in those 30 starts Talbot stillbwins more games than Koskinen.

Good thing we can scout so well. Would hate to know that someone who played minor hockey in our backyard was about to become a star in the NHL *cough* Hart, *cough* Parayko.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Detroit and LA coaches are showing their players our game tape. No one can suck as good as we do.
No one can go into full tank mode like us. Hughes should pull a Lindros and refuse to come here after we draft him.

Reactions: A91

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Who would have guessed the Hitchcock hiring would turn into the Pat Quinn (RIP) hiring 2.0

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Unfortunately, all I could think of while reading your post was this:

51i8gwR5uML.jpg

Actually pretty apropo when discussing this team.

Fitting there’s 3 people in the Hotdog water (McDavid, Drai and Nuge).

Reactions: Oilhawks

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Talbots game is more garbage than good, the outlier was his one good year. Most of his time here has been terrible. I have zero fear he will be any good anywhere else.

Too bad koskinen is not all that much better. We are stuck with him however.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This one?:

“There were a lot of defencemen in Edmonton already and I thought they might want to bring in another forward (trade) but I’m not the one making the decisions.”
That one and also talking about walking on eggshells here because of the OEG. McAsuno posted it last page. Sounds like a shit place to play.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Apparently they still thought Cagiulla was on the team with how open they left him.

But it’s goaltending right? Right?

I’d have stormed off the bench too after the Nurse 5-hole goal. Terrible gap control... big ass and school girl legs in my face. Talbot has to look through three windows to find that puck. At least I can get my beer league buddies to close their legs a bit when the wind up comes.

He also screen Talbot on the first goal, which I’m sure was not forgotten.

Koskinen is probably going through the same frustration... these guys don’t know wtf they are doing and it has already destroyed Talbot and will destroy Kosko before he even knows himself what he is in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad