GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Frenzy - Tavares to Toronto 7 years

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
So the Rick Nash that is contemplating retirement and forewent FA today because of that contemplation. Did you ignore that key part?

This isn't retirement because he can't play anymore, its retirement because he is concerned for his health

Why does that matter against my argument that he is the best option right now for the B's? Whether he wants to retire or not he is still miles ahead of every other RW available. The only winger close at all is Neal

If he retires he retires. Sweeney should still be checking in with his camp to try to convince him to play

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes that Rick Nash, the one that scored over 20 goals last year in a season shortened by a concussion

That Rick Nash that is the only half decent RW left on the market

Glad I could clarify

Except he’s not on the market as he’s considering retirement and said he wouldnt sign

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Except he’s not on the market as he’s considering retirement and said he wouldnt sign

Yes and John Tavares was considering going to the Sharks, should the Leafs not have tried still?

If he says he is officially retiring than I will concede the Bruins should probably give up. But as long as he isn't retired he's still the best option

Really its not that complicated

Reactions: minpind

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes and John Tavares was considering going to the Sharks, should the Leafs not have tried still?

If he says he is officially retiring than I will concede the Bruins should probably give up. But as long as he isn't retired he's still the best option

Really its not that complicated

Yes, a team bidding on a top free agent when you have an outside shot of landing is the exact same thing as a GM trying to convince a guy who is considering retirement due to health concerns to sign.

You’re right it’s not complicated because it’s foolish.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yes, a team bidding on a top free agent when you have an outside shot of landing is the exact same thing as a GM trying to convince a guy who is considering retirement due to health concerns to sign.

You’re right it’s not complicated because it’s foolish.

Tell that to the apparently dozens of GM's that wanted to sign him, and will gladly sign him if he decides he wants to keep playing

If he is going to play next season, then he is the best option left via free agency, and Sweeney should stay in touch

Jesus Christ

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Tell that to the apparently dozens of GM's that wanted to sign him, and will gladly sign him if he decides he wants to keep playing

If he is going to play next season, then he is the best option left via free agency, and Sweeney should stay in touch

Jesus Christ

You’re getting awfully pissy for an awfully big if.

But keep on beating that drum, friend.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Jesus Christ
How many times does he need to talk to him? He just had a presser stating that he had talked to him recently. Does he have to hound him every day?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What a huge mistake for JT, IMO.

Even with him they are 3-4 years and at least 2 more good defenseman away from contending and,

That’s if they can fill out a roster after paying Matthews, Nylander and Marner when thy are due.

Here he would have walked into a great situation and made it amazing,

Unless it’s simply a situation where he just wanted to play at home, I think he messed up a great chance.

Can’t wait for the Behind The B’s clip of Marchand telling him that he picked the wrong team like he did Vesey last season.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Joe Thornton is an interesting name. Any chance bs take a flier?
If he wants to be the third line center for a year and help bring up Donato, sure.

I feel like there's probably too much bad blood for him to consider coming back, even if the entire front office has turned over since he got dealt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad