GDT: July 1st - Free Agent Frenzy - Tavares to Toronto 7 years

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Who cares about Tavares if we get Seguin back next year, which I am pretty sure we do.

I guess I have to stay away from hfboards for quite a while, those Leafs fans were already insupportable before but know with Tavares it's just unbearable. I have never seen a fanbase so cocky, even the Habs fans don't show such an arrogance.
That’s because they suck right now. It’s been great the past year to year and a half with Montreal being down. You hardly see any post anymore. Used to be they were in every Bruin thread.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Leafs beat the Bs if we meet them again next year in the playoffs.
Leafs beat the Bs if we meet them again next year in the playoffs.
Not necessarily they haven’t improved their defence,which really sucks,yeah they got Tavares,but they lost Van Riemsdyk he had 36 goals last year,also Bozak is gone he had I believe over 50 points last season.So really have they improved,also it’s only July we don’t know what the Bruins roster will be come playoffs I’m sure they will have made some more moves.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Not necessarily they haven’t improved their defence,which really sucks,yeah they got Tavares,but they lost Van Riemsdyk he had 36 goals last year,also Bozak is gone he had I believe over 50 points last season.So really have they improved,also it’s only July we don’t know what the Bruins roster will be come playoffs I’m sure they will have made some more moves.
Good point

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I tend to not exclaim anyone cup champs in the heat of July. On paper, appeared like the Bolts were can`t misses but they whiffed badly vs the Caps. Just too many factors can tilt the scales come playoff time

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I tend to not exclaim anyone cup champs in the heat of July. On paper, appeared like the Bolts were can`t misses but they whiffed badly vs the Caps. Just too many factors can tilt the scales come playoff time
Leaf fans have already planned the parade route.Lol

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Who cares about Tavares if we get Seguin back next year, which I am pretty sure we do.

I guess I have to stay away from hfboards for quite a while, those Leafs fans were already insupportable before but know with Tavares it's just unbearable. I have never seen a fanbase so cocky, even the Habs fans don't show such an arrogance.
Just my opinion, of course, but I believe there's a better chance of Seguin getting pregnant, than him returning to Boston next year, or any year, for that matter.

Reactions: minpind and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Leaf fans have already planned the parade route.Lol

Yep, already on the news last night, showing the Stanley Cup at the end of the Tavares news and commenting about his name going on it. I wish they would just be a bit more realistic and not shove it down our throats here constantly. I still can't get over the stupidity last year over Toronto being so good in all sports they could run the table. I know the media is over the top everywhere but here is is gagging....Tavares better be ready.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yep, already on the news last night, showing the Stanley Cup at the end of the Tavares news and commenting about his name going on it. I wish they would just be a bit more realistic and not shove it down our throats here constantly. I still can't get over the stupidity last year over Toronto being so good in all sports they could run the table. I know the media is over the top everywhere but here is is gagging....Tavares better be ready.
I hope Matthews and Marner both hold out next year and another team offers them an offer sheet.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I’ve always liked Tavares, who now carries the second highest cap hit in the league.

16th in scoring last year. Lotta dough for anyone not named McDavid or Crosby.

Marchand and Pasta had similar point totals last year. At cap hits nearly $5m less.

Just a reminder, if there is any lament about not getting Tavares, that Donny’s resume includes those two key deals.
That's why I was saying all along I wasn't going to lose sleep if JT didn't come to Boston. $11 mil per cap hit for 7 years for one player is not necessarily a great thing unless that player is elite of the elite. JT is not in that category. Toronto is eventually going to have to subtract something valuable to make that work, plus not seeing how they make appreciable upgrades to their D. TB is still a better all-around team than Tor next season, and Tor is going to have some tough decisions to make after next season and may be looking at a fairly short window to win the Cup with JT. The gloating and arrogance going on in Tor is kind of comical to me because I'm still not seeing a Cup team, even with Tavares on their team now.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

I think they need a good not great goalie .when a team has 2 top elite centermen coming at you and of course Nylander Marner Kadri ..imo no need for top dmen just average guys that do the little things right.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I hope he follows through ..really do ..but rest assure Tor will match any offer sheet
I think Leafs will move a young forward before then to go after a stud D ,this current Leaf Team with the defenceman they have is going nowhere,Gretzky in his prime doesn’t put them over the top.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I think Leafs will move a young forward before then to go after a stud D ,this current Leaf Team with the defenceman they have is going nowhere,Gretzky in his prime doesn’t put them over the top.

I will persist in saying they don't need a stud D . Pitt won the cup 2 years ago with a very ordinary d but one heck of a clutch goalie..yes Tav and matthews are not the equivalent of Crosby and Malkin but add youngsters like matter Nylander and Kadri and as I said what they need is a good goali and more precisely a playoff money goali.
If they do happen to trade a forward which you may very well be correct..I'd say it will be Nylander or possibly Kadri.
Don't think they move marner

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Just my opinion, of course, but I believe there's a better chance of Seguin getting pregnant, than him returning to Boston next year, or any year, for that matter.

Yip..he's gone for good and I'd be surprised he doesn't stay in Dallas or maybe he decides to go back home too and Tor nails him(just kidding of course)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad