GDT: July 1 - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He said he sees Hainsey playing a top 4 role for them. Not that he classifies as one. He just is what they are looking for as a fit in their top 4

And considering he played the second most minutes among D for the cup champs, is he necessarily wrong?

No Cor he's not

If Hainsey can PK and take some DZ starts in a semi competent manner were fine

Carrick Zaitsev Gardiner and Rielly have all shown that they can do a good job 5v5 if none of them is given insanely hard usage and the work load is spread around a bit

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello speaks with the media following the July 1st free agent signings of Ron Hainsey and Dominic Moore.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
basically, Greening didn't whine like Laich and the other one so we keep him.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
If JT becomes available next off season, and he's willing to come here for 10M-11M x 7, would you guys do it? Probably means we have to ship out one of Marner or Nylander for a D, but also means we get a top 10 center in his prime to make multiple runs over the next 7 years.

I think I would do it, and seeing how Lou is handing out only 1 and 2 year deals, I think that is definitely in the back of his head. I really don't think JT is re-signing in NYI.

Well he's a Newfoundlander for one. Secondly he's actually a decent hockey player and provides some center depth to the club.

He's big can really skate, graduated from Cornell and is obviously happy to be the next captain of the Marlies and likely start his career in a hockey management when he retires. Plus if the Leafs have 2 or 3 injuries he can come up and not be overwhelmed. Who cares what they pay him?

Brolaf

Apr 4, 2013
Woodbridge, ON
The vast majority of teams end up regretting the big money deals they sign on July 1st. The fact that the Leafs stuck with cheap short terms signings is a victory in and of itself IMO.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Y'all thinking we gon make some sort of moves anymore or is this it? We got ours, made the experience real again. Moore and Hainsey are treal heroes for sure. Cuppers too. Our goalie situation now is solid too.

Y'all think we done now? Or is there some sort of a trade coming anymore and doos we add polak back? He made our PK better last season.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Toronto Maple Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello speaks with the media following the July 1st free agent signings of Ron Hainsey and Dominic Moore.

I still don't get what the thought process is. Thats a lot of talking from Lou without really saying anything :laugh:

except: Hainsey is envisioned to be playing top 4D role; that means we still need to look at 3rd pair with only Marincin/Marchenko there....

LOL

Lou common man give us at least something

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I still don't get what the thought process is. Thats a lot of talking from Lou without really saying anything :laugh:

except: Hainsey is envisioned to be playing top 4D role; that means we still need to look at 3rd pair with only Marincin/Marchenko there....

LOL

Carrick
Rosen
Dermott
Borgman
Valiev

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Marleau Matthews Nylander
JVR Bozak Marner
Komarov Kadri Kapanen
Martin Moore Hyman
Fehr

Gardiner Zaitsev
Rielly _______
Hainsey Carrick
Marincin Marchenko

Andersen
Mcelhinney
Sparks

Rychel/Johnsson/Aaltonen/Leivo/Soshnikov/Brown/Rosen/Dermott/Gauthier I definitely think a trade is coming.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The longer this takes, the more I think Marleau re-signs with San Jose, especially considering the fact that San Jose offered him a 2-year deal this week.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/marleau-considering-two-year-deal-from-sharks-1.793452

Would be nice if came here, but it seems more and more like a pipe dream.

Going to San Jose doesn't give him any more chance to win. They are a better team overall, but in a much tougher division & conference.

I still believe he goes to San Jose, but that 3rd year from Toronto could be a game changer and is probably the reason why he'll take the additional 24 hours.

member 262271

LOL

How DARE you call Lou a common man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad