GDT: July 1 - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
McBackup re-signing and call it an off season. I'm sure we'll be fine.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I like the guy, hope we do.

There were so many better options. Its not a hate thing... He just sucks. We should not expect him to be much better than his career numbers.

So disappointing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
There were so many better options. Its not a hate thing... He just sucks. We should not expect him to be much better than his career numbers.

So disappointing.

Nah he was fine. We won most games with him so its not bad. The seaskns going to be off regardless. I mean, sure Lou could blockbuster it up but thats unlikely.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

So disappointing.

The only number that matters with a backup goalies is win-loss record. Any other number is irrelevant.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The only number that matters with a backup goalies is win-loss record. Any other number is irrelevant.

... No it doesn't. It's about consistency in a smaller role. He doesn't have any. One Andersen injury and you're next option is McBackup. This is when we could have had Nilsson or Johnson or Miller or... You know?

I like him but he's not a good option at all.

I'd rather just have Sparks as our backup to be honest. At least he's got room to get better.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
do nothing except a backup and maybe a really cheap Demers trade. Nothing more, no wasting assets on a duchene trade and no wasting term on a shattinkirk etc. I hope its really dull today

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Sounds like Thorleau are staying in San Jose... oh well.

I highly doubt the Leafs had any interest in either of them. Its going to be a boring off season and people are just trying to create some sort of hype. We already signed 2 free agent dmen, and that's probably all that is going to happen.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bob is saying that Girardi may be getting more than he was expected to with NYR.

Was set to make 4M this year. Getting 1.1M from NYR, and expected to get 3+ from TB

That's hilarious

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I wouldn't be against Kulikov on a 'show-me' deal.

I'd still like us to tie up Boyle if he could be signed on a reasonable deal, but this is probably his last shot of some term and $ so he probably will be out of our reach in reasonable terms.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bob is saying that Girardi may be getting more than he was expected to with NYR.

Was set to make 4M this year. Getting 1.1M from NYR, and expected to get 3+ from TB

That's hilarious

oh please do that Tampa

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
do nothing except a backup and maybe a really cheap Demers trade. Nothing more, no wasting assets on a duchene trade and no wasting term on a shattinkirk etc. I hope its really dull today

This. You win a cup in 2017 by not wasting cap space on mediocre UFA's and trading futures for overpriced talent. Duchense is just not that good. Kadri was our #2 centre and he was far better last season.

We kept our first rounder and drafted Tim freaking Lilijegren. That's how you win a cup. Keep developing.

How horrific is Edmonton's signing of Lucic 1 year ago looking right now for them?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Please Lou!!Do the right thing and trade off JVR and Bozak retained for max return in the 2018 and 19 strong drafts. I wont even care if you sign Shatty @6m or so.

Lou, do the right thing man!!

My comedy is indistingushable from when I am serious around here but I amserious about this!

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Hoping for more than McBackup aswell. I still think our season is over if Freddy goes down for a long period of time with McBackup as his replacement.

Would have liked Mason, but I guess Winnipeg still sees him as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad