Confirmed with Link: Julien & Muller Fired! Ducharme Interim Coach & Burrows Joins Habs Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
He went back to being coached by a guy who refuses to play him more then 13 mins a game

In the playoffs (excluding the game he got ejected early):

9 GP 4 G 0 A 4 P 10 SOG 15ish minutes per game.

The biggest difference is him shooting 6% instead of 40%. He was good in the playoffs and he's been good to start the year. I think it's reasonable to question how high his ceiling is but he's been a contributor. Last year he was a disaster (pre playoffs).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honestly, Julien didn't have much to work with last 4 years. Special teams though is inexcusable.

He did have much more to work with to start this season -- he had the benefit of players that he liked from the off season.

Julien showed an abysmal inability to take tough decisions -- he should have been benching some of the glaring bumblers like Chiarot and not sit the likes of Lehkonen -- he also should have been more proactive about PD -- he should have been earning his minutes and deployments. It appeared as if PD could do whatever he wanted, he was never demoted. Using PD in a 3 on 3 situation? Julien had just lost it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Pretty crazy given how this team overachieved in the playoffs last season and exceeded expectations to start this season.

Can Bergevin last more than 3 head coaches?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's waiting for his extra 1 mil per

Pretty sad but for a guy who talked tough at last year's season ending pressers, he put himself in an impossible situation. He needed to deliver and didn't -- and what's going on now is no coincidence. I'm wondering if Ducharme will be giving him as much rope.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Here's a question that's gnawing at me.

It was generally accepted that several or all of the moves that MB did in the summer, were to provide Julien with a team to his liking.

Now that Ducharme is head coach (albeit interim), will he be handcuffed by those moves? For instance, he might have preferred to have a top 4 PMD instead of Edmundson. Or a more experienced C in his top 6.

I think there are enough pieces to make it work. Mete has been thrown under the bus for a long time, but with a different approach I think him and Weber are a good second pairing. Edmundson-Petry works well together. Chiarot-Romanov could be great to help provide some stability for Romanov and allow him to play more offensively. There are enough pieces that I think the team can look more or less however he wants it to look.

On offence, you might be right. I don't think there was any top-6 option that would have made sense in the off-season though.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Pretty sad but for a guy who talked tough at last year's season ending pressers, he put himself in an impossible situation. He needed to deliver and didn't -- and what's going on now is no coincidence. I'm wondering if Ducharme will be giving him as much rope.

If Ducharme wants success, he shouldnt be pandering to anyone and concentrate on developing the play of his key younger players.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I think there are enough pieces to make it work. Mete has been thrown under the bus for a long time, but with a different approach I think him and Weber are a good second pairing. Edmundson-Petry works well together. Chiarot-Romanov could be great to help provide some stability for Romanov and allow him to play more offensively. There are enough pieces that I think the team can look more or less however he wants it to look.

On offence, you might be right. I don't think there was any top-6 option that would have made sense in the off-season though.

I agree with your post except for that. The last thing Chiarot is, is reliable defensively, on top of often taking way too many costly liberties in all three zones. I'd prefer Kulak-Rama ainec.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
tenor.gif
Jaffy just experienced serious wind shear.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He did have much more to work with to start this season -- he had the benefit of players that he liked from the off season.

Julien showed an abysmal inability to take tough decisions -- he should have been benching some of the glaring bumblers like Chiarot and not sit the likes of Lehkonen -- he also should have been more proactive about PD -- he should have been earning his minutes and deployments. It appeared as if PD could do whatever he wanted, he was never demoted. Using PD in a 3 on 3 situation? Julien had just lost it.
Your Danault take is marksman accurate

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1:12 pm and I only find out about this now. It speaks volumes about how little I care anymore. Is it just me or is Bergevin’s noose getting tighter? :naughty:

Never too late for you to join the party. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad