Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
All I can say is when Miller got recalled from Hartford for 3 games before trade deadline he had 1 goal and 2 Assists playing with a complimentary 3rd line. He was sent back Down soon after. Looked to me like Vaginaualt from that point made his decision that he wanted a veteran presence for a possible playoff run. Did he ever get a chance with 2nd line ? Evidently he played poorly in Calgary game on his last recall, but it's pretty apparent he was on a "short leash" under the circumstances? again, correct me if I'm off base here. It is evident that something went wrong.:shakehead

I think he was unfairly singled out against Calgary when the entire team thought defense wasn't necessary. Our shutdown D pairing didn't look much better.

BarbaraAlphanse

I think he was unfairly singled out against Calgary when the entire team thought defense wasn't necessary. Our shutdown D pairing didn't look much better.

The reason for his benching was probably more significant than his defense that game.

BarbaraAlphanse

Maybe. Like him talking back to AV? I sure hope it's not something like that and what's best for the team is what decision is made.

Could be that. Could be him talking back to a veteran player telling him to step his play up. Could be off-ice tendencies like partying. Could be his effort, or lack there of, in practice or during the game.

Could be several things.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It goes back to his attitude issues at the USNTDP. He's had attitude flags around him since he was 17. I'm willing to be the simply hasn't grown up yet and this was a direct message by the brass to him.

Vidic15*

Could be that. Could be him talking back to a veteran player telling him to step his play up. Could be off-ice tendencies like partying. Could be his effort, or lack there of, in practice or during the game.

Could be several things.

Didn't someone here say that he is quite the regular at Black Bear Saloon up in Westchester? I'm guessing he only frequents that place when he is up with the big club. I wonder who his drinking buddy on the team is.

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
Didn't someone here say that he is quite the regular at Black Bear Saloon up in Westchester? I'm guessing he only frequents that place when he is up with the big club. I wonder who his drinking buddy on the team is.

Not sure if I was the one who posted that, but I can 100% vouch for the fact that he used to go there during rookie camp.

I know people who work there who have shown me pictures with him and a couple guys (will not go into detail on who he was with). This doesn't mean they were drinking, for all I know they could of just been getting a bite to eat which is not exactly uncommon.

Last edited:

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I doubt he plays unless there are injuries. Fast doesnt have the offensive ability miller has but he is much better defensively and in the playoffs that is even more important

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
In limited viewing, Fast has shown more than Miller to me in the neutral and defensive zone. If we have to choose one or the other to dress in game 1, I hope it's Fast.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Oh no! I'm becoming a noted personality on the boards! Usually people just ignore my comments or misread them completely. I like that better ;)

*runs and hides*
I keep a scouting report on all posters once they hit 100 posts.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Miller is the better player by far

But like I said I think he got out of line with a teammate or the coaching staff and that's why he was sent down. IMO now that it's playoff time u play the best players and he was humbled but time to go kid

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Not sure if I was the one who posted that, but I can 100% vouch for the fact that he used to go there during rookie camp.

I know people who work there who have shown me pictures with him and a couple guys (will not go into detail on who he was with). This doesn't mean they were drinking, for all I know they could of just been getting a bite to eat which is not exactly uncommon.

He didn't turn 21 until a few weeks ago, so unless the establishment was not carding him, I think its to grab a bite. I know I know kids do it all the time, but I'd like to see Miller in the middle when the time is right. Much better suited to play center, and hopefully he comes into camp in better shape.

Right now I take Fast over him because of the righty shot, and better 3-zone play. But Miller is the best option at center in case of injury, and pretty soon, buyout of Richards. I just hope Richards goes all out this playoff run in the hopes of another contract, and I like Richie.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Miller is the better player by far

But like I said I think he got out of line with a teammate or the coaching staff and that's why he was sent down. IMO now that it's playoff time u play the best players and he was humbled but time to go kid

Fast sure as hell has looked better than Miller. More sound defensively. Miller is more aggressive, and I like that, but sometimes it leads to mistakes given that he is still young and learning. Fast can skate, play a 2-way game and provide the same amount of offense Miller can. I think Fast has a better shot as well.

Rather go with Fast.

BarbaraAlphanse

Fast sure as hell has looked better than Miller. More sound defensively. Miller is more aggressive, and I like that, but sometimes it leads to mistakes given that he is still young and learning. Fast can skate, play a 2-way game and provide the same amount of offense Miller can. I think Fast has a better shot as well.

Rather go with Fast.

As would I, Miller is probably the insurance.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Rather go with Fast.

Fast can not provide the same amount of offense as Miller and he's not as good with the puck. However, he has been surprisingly physical and is certainly better positionally/defensively.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Fast is more of a secure thing against Philly. Against Columbus/Boston, Miller's offense might be more attractive but I doubt we try to get cute with the Flyers. It's a team that we just need to execute against.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Fast can not provide the same amount of offense as Miller and he's not as good with the puck. However, he has been surprisingly physical and is certainly better positionally/defensively.

Fast isn't as good with the puck? He is a far better shooter. He has sniping ability with his shot. I really don't think he has shot much because he is playing with a veteran in Brad Richards and fellow countryman and he is looking to dish the puck to them instead of taking the shot more often. Miller may be able to cycle and play better on the boards, but with time in space Fast is more effective. I like both players, but totally disagree that Miller is the more offensively gifted of the two.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Rather go with Fast.

The big differences offensively are 1) strength and 2) that Miller has that "selfish" scorer's mentality while Fast looks to pass first, sometimes to a fault. Other than that, Fast is the superior player right now.

Don't get me wrong, I like that Miller has that nose for the net and physicality. Once (if) he learns to be better defensively, that confidence of his can be a real asset. But I love Fast's intelligence, passing and three-zone game - and I'm already seeing more physical play from him since his first go 'round with the big club. He also has been SUPER careful to make sure that he's back defensively and that he is off the ice the first second his shift is over (IMO, all good, appropriate things for a 21 year old rookie with less than 20 games in the league), which to a certain extent is limiting his ability to get on the scoreboard.

He needs to stop deferring quite so much to the vets on his line quite when they get into the offensive zone, but he's clearly the choice to play right now if there's only one spot.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Fast isn't as good with the puck? He is a far better shooter. He has sniping ability with his shot. I really don't think he has shot much because he is playing with a veteran in Brad Richards and fellow countryman and he is looking to dish the puck to them instead of taking the shot more often. Miller may be able to cycle and play better on the boards, but with time in space Fast is more effective. I like both players, but totally disagree that Miller is the more offensively gifted of the two.

Agreed. The better with the puck comment in particular is hard to fathom.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't think it's even close from what I've seen so far. Miller is excellent with the puck almost to a fault where at times he tries to move around guys directly in front of our net. Fast has barely had the puck at all in his games with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad