Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
rangers are obv pleased with kreiders play this year so they are giving JT the same up and down treatment kreider got last year. expect a 30-40 point season for JT next year.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
rangers are obv pleased with kreiders play this year so they are giving JT the same up and down treatment kreider got last year. expect a 30-40 point season for JT next year.
Or they feel he's the best forward in Hartford, but not one of the top 12 forwards in NY when everyone is healthy........

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Or they feel he's the best forward in Hartford, but not one of the top 12 forwards in NY when everyone is healthy........

Or all dealing with the Flu hence the depleted Rangers need some chicken soup and a call up from the minors.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
at this point, it looks like he'll play on someones wing... would be interesting to see him play with MSL...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kreider is a better player than Miller now, BUT with the way Miller played in his last call up, I legit don't think we'll see a significant drop off.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider is a better player than Miller now, BUT with the way Miller played in his last call up, I legit don't think we'll see a significant drop off.

Kreider is inconsistent but that threat of getting up to speed and flying down the wing is something that opposition d-men have to be constantly aware of. Just the possibility and the other team has to be always ready to back off. Miller's not going to do that. Miller is not as big or strong either--though Miller is more likely to drop the gloves if necessary. It could be a chance for Miller to really shine. I'm expecting him full time with the Rangers next year.

Anyway if the Flyers and Rangers are the first round matchup this year better to have home ice. Not having Kreider in the lineup could mean that much. The Flyers are going to try to bury the Rangers on the forecheck tonight IMO--without Kreider their D I expect will be pinching down more.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone else think that Miller's ceiling is actually HIGHER than what was thought at the draft?

We heard he was a surefire 3rd line player (low risk) but not much more, so in that sense yeah, probably. He's more skilled than he was sold as. I think he can be as good as Dubinsky with time, and that's a high level 2nd liner.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I am not convinced that right now Kreider is better than Miller. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We heard he was a surefire 3rd line player (low risk) but not much more, so in that sense yeah, probably. He's more skilled than he was sold as. I think he can be as good as Dubinsky with time, and that's a high level 2nd liner.

I think, in due time, Miller can be a better player than Kreider.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I've always hoped that Miller can be better than Dubinsky, whom I consider a solid 2nd line player, but not a high level one. No knock on Dubi, as he was drafted to be a 4th-line pest (remember his post-draft growth spurt?), but I've always thought of him as the kind of player who makes the absolute most out of what he has.

Miller, to my mind, is a better skater and better stickhandler - if he can match Dubi's determination, he still could pan out to be a borderline 1st liner. It's a tall order, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad