Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't think it's even close from what I've seen so far. Miller is excellent with the puck almost to a fault where at times he tries to move around guys directly in front of our net. Fast has barely had the puck at all in his games with us.

Miller tries to do more with the puck, yes. Fast is finding the open man and making the pass - that's the difference. Just because he chooses to move it, doesn't mean he's "worse" with the puck. Having watched more than half the Hartford games this year, I assure you he isn't.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Miller tries to do more with the puck, yes. Fast is finding the open man and making the pass - that's the difference. Just because he chooses to move it, doesn't mean he's "worse" with the puck. Having watched more than half the Hartford games this year, I assure you he isn't.

They are both good prospects. Fast is going to get the first crack but miller has been helpful all yr. I have confidence both will eventually stick in ny

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
They are both good prospects. Fast is going to get the first crack but miller has been helpful all yr. I have confidence both will eventually stick in ny

How has Miller been helpful all year? He's been good in Hartford, but in most games up here he just looks completely ineffective.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
They both look like decent prospects to me, though they bring some different things to the ice.

Fast would appear to be the well behaved, respectful Swede out of the Carl Hagelin mold. Smart & fast. Heck of a talent for a 6th round pick. Can't even believe he's getting time in the show picked that late.

He seems to get that.

Miller on the other hand....not so much. He's a bit of a mustang. Arrogant was the word Tort's used. But in a good way. Occasionally a cocky kid like this is bound to put his foot in. But a 21 year old can still turn things around. I hope the Rangers stay patient.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
They both look like decent prospects to me, though they bring some different things to the ice.

Fast would appear to be the well behaved, respectful Swede out of the Carl Hagelin mold. Smart & fast. Heck of a talent for a 6th round pick. Can't even believe he's getting time in the show picked that late.

He seems to get that.

Miller on the other hand....not so much. He's a bit of a mustang. Arrogant was the word Tort's used. But in a good way. Occasionally a cocky kid like this is bound to put his foot in. But a 21 year old can still turn things around. I hope the Rangers stay patient.

100% agree.

One thing I don't miss though is Miller's mindless obstruction penalties.

Every time he's been up it's been a countdown to when, not if, he'll commit one in a game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

This x100.

That's the huge difference. The intelligence level Fast has with the puck often does not have him possessing it for any long stretch because he tends to read a play quickly and move the puck appropriately. Not much hesitation, which normally for a young prospect in the NHL, leads to turnovers, frustration, and penalites. As time goes on i think you will see Fast moving the puck quickly throughout a game and then on one rush he'll hesitate with confidence, hold and cut to the middle for a snipe.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I am confident in both of these kids. They can both use the playoff experience as well. The Rangers probably want the kids most likely to play if necessary to practice with the team and know the game plan.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
A choice between Carcillo, Fast, and Miller gives AV some flexibility. All 3 are very different players.

Playing Carcillo and Dorsett together could lead to the type of game that is not the Rangers ' strength.

AV must be holding his nose now that Miller is in town again.

Think he goes with Fast to start the playoffs.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Miller should be in for Fast, he is better suited to play against the Flyers and will add more offensive to the third like which looks pretty useless right now at full strength.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Miller should be in for Fast, he is better suited to play against the Flyers and will add more offensive to the third like which looks pretty useless right now at full strength.

He also can be a defensive liability. Though, honestly against Calgary the whole team sucked defensively.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Absolutely miller should be playing this series. Not a knock against fast who is more responsible defensively. Miller is a much bigger offensive threat and In my opinion the more needed player at this time

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd also throw Carcillo in there since he has a history with the Flyers and can throw some of the Flyers off their game. It does ruin the righty shot ratio, but it would be of benefit in my opinion to have a guy that can get some of the Flyers off of their game, particularly Simmonds and Giroux.

Did not enjoy watching the Rangers flat line after taking a 2-0 lead.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Absolutely miller should be playing this series. Not a knock against fast who is more responsible defensively. Miller is a much bigger offensive threat and In my opinion the more needed player at this time

I agree. I know Miller sometimes may get caught in bad positions because of his aggressive play but I think he would provide more forecheck and way more offense then fast. I don't think Fast has been bad but he hasn't been noticeable at all deep in the offensive zone. On that line Richards is never going to win a puck battle deep so maybe Miller could help with that on that line?

Jb444

Mar 2, 2013
I don't think it's even close from what I've seen so far. Miller is excellent with the puck almost to a fault where at times he tries to move around guys directly in front of our net. Fast has barely had the puck at all in his games with us.

Fast is basically a non factor on offense. Just like in Hartford. Maybe he is more fundamentally sound on defense, but he IS and will continue to be a non factor on offense playing on a strong line! WHATEVER is all I can say about the entire Miller situation!

Jb444

Mar 2, 2013
Fast is basically a non factor on offense. Just like in Hartford. Maybe he is more fundamentally sound on defense, but he IS and will continue to be a non factor on offense playing on a strong line! WHATEVER is all I can say about the entire Miller situation!

Before all the naysayers start hammering away.......To be clear I am not saying Fast isn't a good player at all. My opinion is that Miller is the superior player of the two, especially on offense. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'm wrong, but when Miller has been given the chance to play with a complimentary line he has shown flashes of potential. Can we say the same about Fast who obviously has been given the vote of confidence from his coach unlike Miller? Just saying.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Clearly you've been watching a different player in Hartford. Though I'd wager you actually just pulled that out of thin air.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Chaulk up Fast + 2nd for Bobby Sags as another win in the Sather trade column.

With that said, FIRE SATHER. (really, not sarcastic).

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The offensive skill and skating is clearly there for Miller, hes still very young and hes game needs to be more well rounded. I can see him putting up 15g-40 points in a full 82 game season next year. His game has been clearly on the rise since he first joined the wolf pack. Personally Id rather have him on the line with richards and hags than fast and carcillo. Man we miss kreids

Jb444

Mar 2, 2013
The offensive skill and skating is clearly there for Miller, hes still very young and hes game needs to be more well rounded. I can see him putting up 15g-40 points in a full 82 game season next year. His game has been clearly on the rise since he first joined the wolf pack. Personally Id rather have him on the line with richards and hags than fast and carcillo. Man we miss kreids

Is Miller active tonight or is Vaginault going with Carcillo or Fast? I can't seem to find this information for some reason. Thanks for any help on this. Go Rangers!

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Is Miller active tonight or is Vaginault going with Carcillo or Fast? I can't seem to find this information for some reason. Thanks for any help on this. Go Rangers!

Pretty sure the beat writers said AV wasn't saying

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
So some of you guys would really rather have carcillo in game 7 than miller? At least the Richards line has looked better with miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad