Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Youre clearly ready to take a leap of faith with these guys.

2 games? Miller has played 56 at the NHL level and has 10 points.

I dont know whats worse, scapegoating the guys with the big paychecks or making baseless excuses for the younger guys. Both are agenda driven.

Yeah, no.

What I actually said was that you shouldn't be basing Miller's NHL readiness off two playoff games. If you think he sucked during the regular season (I don't, really) and that's why he isn't ready, fine. Agree to disagree

Both are crap. Miller hasn't played particularly well this series. Still has some work. He's not far from the NHL, at least not "should be nowhere near the NHL" like this board has turned on him.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Where did I say I was basing that on one bad game? The only one basing their opinion of Miller on one game is you with your "But, but.. he won the Broadway hat!!" spiel. Though now it seems we've moved onto "But the entire team sucked!!!"

"Typical HFNYR."

Yeah that's about as good as, "He's not NHL ready. Period." Becuz: rookie plays bad games. That's shocking a rookie would have bad games.

No, now I've moved on to: everyone goes quiet until they get so upset over a bad game they start saying absurd things.

He's not NHL ready yet he gets games over Carcillo who has 'Cup experience. Someone forward this thread to the team.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Ah, so now we've moved on to "Yeah, he's been bad, but it's not his fault. It's his linemates.. I mean his team.. I mean he's playing out of position.. I mean the stage is so big."

I guess I should set the bar lower than "make competent plays, and not be a liability."

Direct me to where I actually said it's not his fault. Please. I'll wait.

What I did say was given the circumstances, I didn't expect a world beater performance, especially in his first two playoff games. And you can't as if they're completely irrelevant points you can brush off. He very clearly has played better at center, where he isn't playing now.

And for that reason I wouldn't play him at all. Play a wing.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah, no.

What I actually said was that you shouldn't be basing Miller's NHL readiness off two playoff games. If you think he sucked during the regular season (I don't, really) and that's why he isn't ready, fine. Agree to disagree

Both are crap. Miller hasn't played particularly well this series. Still has some work. He's not far from the NHL, at least not "should be nowhere near the NHL" like this board has turned on him.

I think Fast is more NHL ready, to be honest. He is by no means a difference maker at this point, but he limits mistakes and miscues, which is more than I can say about Miller at this point.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think Fast is more NHL ready, to be honest. He is by no means a difference maker at this point, but he limits mistakes and miscues, which is more than I can say about Miller at this point.

I agree. In my opinion he could win a spot on the third line next year, should a spot be available.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Yeah that's about as good as, "He's not NHL ready. Period." Becuz: rookie plays bad games. That's shocking a rookie would have bad games.

No, now I've moved on to: everyone goes quiet until they get so upset over a bad game they start saying absurd things.

He's not NHL ready yet he gets games over Carcillo who has 'Cup experience. Someone forward this thread to the team.

Still waiting for you to make a counter point, and not throw another excuse or straw man out there. I've been telling people for months that penciling Miller into the lineup for NEXT year is a fantasy, so how might that factor in to my opinion of him now? Nah, clearly I'm just jumping on the hate train because he had "one bad game".

Like this would be the first time this team made a terrible roster decision. :laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Direct me to where I actually said it's not his fault. Please. I'll wait.

What I did say was given the circumstances, I didn't expect a world beater performance, especially in his first two playoff games. And you can't as if they're completely irrelevant points you can brush off. He very clearly has played better at center, where he isn't playing now.

And for that reason I wouldn't play him at all. Play a wing.

Yeah because these two games, in the second biggest stage of all of hockey, with Miller playing out of position with two bad hockey players, entirely dictates his dependability to play in the NHL next year. Small sample sizes rock.

He's out of position and playing with two bad players. What is that other than making excuses for him and deflecting blame for his poor performance? You're trying to deflect the blame off of him and onto his line mates -- who are superior players -- and the "biggest stage of all of hockey." Nobody is criticizing him for not putting up a stellar performance. People are criticizing him for playing poorly, and rightfully so.

He doesn't need stellar line mates in order to play competent hockey. Plenty of rookies have stepped into the playoffs and made a positive impact. He's getting extremely sheltered minutes at this level and has played poorly for the MAJORITY of his time there.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

He's out of position and playing with two bad players. What is that other than making excuses for him and deflecting blame for his poor performance? You're trying to deflect the blame off of him and onto his line mates -- who are superior players -- and the "biggest stage of all of hockey." Nobody is criticizing him for not putting up a stellar performance. People are criticizing him for playing poorly, and rightfully so.

He doesn't need stellar line mates in order to play competent hockey. Plenty of rookies have stepped into the playoffs and made a positive impact. He's getting extremely sheltered minutes at this level and has played poorly for the MAJORITY of his time there.

If you were just using this small sample size to evaluate then it would be silly but you clearly said you were basing it on all of his games and it's pretty fair to assume he may not be ready based on his overall play in the NHL thus far

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If Miller played over Carcillo last night, its quite possible the season is over this morning.

Good call by AV.

I'd rather see Fast over Miller at this point, if it comes to that. When Kreider comes back it'll be a moot point.

But, in a nutshell, I dont want to see Miller again.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
If Miller played over Carcillo last night, its quite possible the season is over this morning.

Good call by AV.

I'd rather see Fast over Miller at this point, if it comes to that. When Kreider comes back it'll be a moot point.

But, in a nutshell, I dont want to see Miller again.

Good call, but I would have had him in game 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad