Confirmed with Link: JT Compher Signs ELC

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Crazy that he signs after reading all those fear mongering posts in the Avs prospect section. I never really worried because as Hench said, he's a character kid.

He absolutely has a chance at earning a spot this fall, but I think he will ultimately end up in a top 6 position in the AHL for a year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
When his coach openly is encouraging him to become a UFA and this organization doesn't exactly have a great track record of developing prospects I don't think it was irrational to worry about things not working out. I'm glad that that wasn't the case obviously but I'm still not going to get off my worry about signing prospects. They still have a lot of work to do.

Anyway, I do think Compher will find himself in the lineup next year one way or another. He might see a little AHL time too. He could be useful in the lineup and they might have promised some things. We'll see in the Worlds how he does against other adult/NHL players.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
For people that have watched him: what are the odds he makes the Avs next season and what is your reasoning? From reading about him he sounds like he's a hard worker and has decent playmaking. What should we expect?

Haven't seen him since his draft year but I'm still pretty comfortable saying his odds on making the Avs as a 21-22 year old to be pretty good. He's a solid 2-way, grinding type of player with good defensive awareness. I'll be surprised if he's not ready to go in our bottom 6.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So Kyle Connor signs in WPG - hockey media all over it (fine...it's WPG)

Tyler Motte signs in CHI - hockey media all over it

T.J. Compher signs with Avs...
giphy.gif

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Congrats from a Sabres fan! ROR was the perfect addition for us but he came at a big price, Sakic got great value for him. If Zadorov, Grigorenko and Compher develop into solid regulars that's quite a haul. Compher's ceiling/upside is ROR, Zadorov has the size and tools to be a stud, was never sure if he has the personality to reach that status. Goofy nice kid.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
What a nice surprise!

I'm really relieved that he is signed. The ROR deal would not look that good if he slipped away.

Looking forward to the WHC to see him play.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Thank god I don't have to worry about this anymore.

For people that have watched him: what are the odds he makes the Avs next season and what is your reasoning? From reading about him he sounds like he's a hard worker and has decent playmaking. What should we expect?

I doubt he makes the Avs simply because they like their prospects to play in the AHL, they don't seem to want to give a prospect a small role in the NHL when they could be the star of the AHL team, and we are pretty much set at center and only have room for one more bottom 6 player(this could obviously change).

I'm guessing he ends up being the first call up.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Very happy to se that we have him under contract . I hope he will be able to play with the big club right away , worst case scenario he could be playing only one year in the AHL .

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So Kyle Connor signs in WPG - hockey media all over it (fine...it's WPG)

Tyler Motte signs in CHI - hockey media all over it

T.J. Compher signs with Avs...
giphy.gif

Well to be fair signing "T.J." isn't a big deal.

In all seriousness.. Awesome to see him sign. Excited to see what he becomes..was always one of my favorites.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I wasn't too worry until Berenson opened his big mouth. Glad he signed and it is over. I can't wait to see what he does at camp.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Great!

Was starting to worry a bit.

Eff you Berenson!

Yeah Berenson should just go back to reminiscing about the good old days when he used to play with Howie Morentz' grandfather back in 1843.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We looking at something like this then for next season?

Landeskog - Duchene - Grigorenko
Compher - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Comeau - Soderberg - Iginla
Mcleod - Mitchell - Skille
(Martinsen)

Zadorov - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Beauchemin - Bigras
(Stuart / Gelinas)

Varlamov
Pickard

That's IF we can afford to extend Mackinnon / Barrie (but we may need to concede a few of the players above if we do)

+ Or will Compher start in that development cesspool known as San Antonio Rampage?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
The last part. He will be in SA.
Its entirely possible he starts the year in COL and then goes down eventually

Thought so. So it's more like:-

Landeskog - Duchene - Grigorenko
Comeau - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Skille - Soderberg - Iginla
Mcleod - Mitchell - Martinsen
(Aggozino)

Zadorov - Johnson
Holden - Barrie
Beauchemin - Bigras
(Stuart / Gelinas)

Varlamov
Pickard

That will steer us to a cup :laugh: Move over St Louis Blues..here come the Colorado Rampage.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The last part. He will be in SA.
Its entirely possible he starts the year in COL and then goes down eventually

Usually I'd be pretty skeptical about him starting in Colorado but they might have had to make some promises to get him to sign. We'll see how many bottom 6 guys they sign or if they somehow get rid of Mitchell. Compher might be given a real strong look at camp at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad