Confirmed with Link: JT Compher Signs ELC

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Just saw this...fantastic. Glad this worry is out of the way.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice. Now I can stop worrying about him possibly leaving. We couldn't afford to lose him.

I'm even more excited to see him at the WHCs now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I can see that happening in this case for sure.

It's all in how you phrase it.

"JT, the 4th Line Center position is yours to lose during training camp" allows the Avs to make an IMPLIED promise, without actually saying "You have a guaranteed roster spot". It also still tells Compher he needs to bring it (of which I believe he would have either way) or he will get sent to the AHL.

My guess is that he starts with the team. I think he could have played with the Avs THIS season.

member 116861

So happy. It sucks that there was doubt in the first place.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
For people that have watched him: what are the odds he makes the Avs next season and what is your reasoning? From reading about him he sounds like he's a hard worker and has decent playmaking. What should we expect?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully this spells the end of John Mitchell on the team. Move him at the draft for a 6th round pick for all I care and let JTC centre the 4th line full-time next season with increased opportunities should he perform well.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Woohoo! Whatever you did to make this happen, Sakic, it was worth it! Maybe this week we'll start to see some other contract news come out, too.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hopefully this spells the end of John Mitchell on the team. Move him at the draft for a 6th round pick for all I care and let JTC centre the 4th line full-time next season with increased opportunities should he perform well.

This exactly.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
For people that have watched him: what are the odds he makes the Avs next season and what is your reasoning? From reading about him he sounds like he's a hard worker and has decent playmaking. What should we expect?

Watch some youtube highlight vids.
have you learned nothing in 6 years?
:sarcasm:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nice, didn't even have to wait until after the Worlds. Wonder if they upped their offer to make sure it got done. Suck it Berenson! Enjoy your last crappy year in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad