Player Discussion: Joshua Bailey

What should we do with Bailey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
i imagine he is staying with us. There is no point in a buyout. just one more year to go

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
i imagine he is staying with us. There is no point in a buyout. just one more year to go
A buyout would be to accommodate Bailey if he’s destined to be a healthy scratch most nights and he doesn’t want to go through that. Give him a chance to catch on with another team for the league min.

Otherwise, yeah, he’s back here fir 1 more year or his contract gets buried in Bridgeport.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Bailey said he wants to play.

If none of the other 31 teams want him to play for them without attaching a sweetener, and a buyout is useless, then send him to the Bridge. He can play there.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The reference in #5 caught my eye. Back in the day they called it “wife swapping”. Don’t think that would go over well today. Let’s just call it partner swapping.

Still on the topic of Tavares and Bailey: Let’s trade Bailey and JGP for Tavares and then trade him to Timbuktu. I hear they might get an expansion team soon.
Specific details would be needed. Mike and Fritz might have really liked each other.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wouldn’t it make more sense to trade Bailey for nothing at 50% retained than buying him out so they can avoid a cap penalty next season?

That’s assuming someone is interested in Bailey at 2.5M per…

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Wouldn’t it make more sense to trade Bailey for nothing at 50% retained than buying him out so they can avoid a cap penalty next season?

Seravalli makes it sound like nobody is interested in Bailey at any price.

Reactions: seafoam

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
The Bailey conundrum. Gotta be someone out there that owes Lou a favor.

A Tyler Johnson buyout would put us +800k for this year -300k next year as compared to Bailey. Just a thought.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
A buyout would be to accommodate Bailey if he’s destined to be a healthy scratch most nights and he doesn’t want to go through that. Give him a chance to catch on with another team for the league min.

Otherwise, yeah, he’s back here fir 1 more year or his contract gets buried in Bridgeport.
i see ZERO reason to Accommodate him. unless we are never going to play him. there is one year left on his deal its not worth IMHO

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

this is why you dont buy him out. Retaining something could make sense so there is no Pen for next season. That would be if there is a taker

The Bailey conundrum. Gotta be someone out there that owes Lou a favor.

A Tyler Johnson buyout would put us +800k for this year -300k next year as compared to Bailey. Just a thought.
why do any buyout. its one season. Unless you think we are going to need that $ this season ?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
this is why you dont buy him out. Retaining something could make sense so there is no Pen for next season. That would be if there is a taker

why do any buyout. its one season. Unless you think we are going to need that $ this season ?
Have you been in hibernation? Of course they need that money this season. Or do you sacrifice Mayfield or Engvall or Varlamov or or or or . . .

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Nobody wants Bailey, Just Waive him and let somebody take a chance on him. It beats shipping an asset to get rid of him....

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
No one would claim him.
I would still try,
At least everybody would be on the same page...
We would find out if Trotz really thinks he is a useful player or if he BS's us when he inserted Bailey into the lineup over other players night in and night out while he was the Coach....

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I would still try,
At least everybody would be on the same page...
We would find out if Trotz really thinks he is a useful player or if he BS's us when he inserted Bailey into the lineup over other players night in and night out while he was the Coach....
I think that a lot of coaches and GM's would welcome Bailey at a lower salary. His performance (and confidence?) fell off a cliff last year and obviously Lambert was more comfortable with other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad