• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This is not meant as a shot at Josh Bailey, but is he on any other team’s radar right now? AFAIK he remains unsigned. Is he actively looking for a team?
He'll either get a league min deal in the dog days of August or sign a PTO.

He's not some sought after free agent because his motor and physicality is too poor for the bottom six and his offense is too poor for the top six.

Reactions: MattMartin

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Bailey’s latest problem is he fancies himself a playmaker, but the only plays he can make are standing still. He doesn’t skate well, he doesn’t make plays on the move, and he takes forever when has the puck along the wall inevitably leading to a turnover

Reactions: 12Dog

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is not meant as a shot at Josh Bailey, but is he on any other team’s radar right now? AFAIK he remains unsigned. Is he actively looking for a team?
He's coming back to the island. Waiting for Lou to finish up.

Reactions: MJF

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

That's kinda what I've been thinking.

He'll certainly be back here in some capacity when he does finally hang up the skates, but it seems like he could do the Parise thing already next season contract-wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: seafoam

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
To sign a 1 day contract and announce his retirement.

If this were to happen this year I will be royally pissed that we sent the Blackhawks a 2nd round pick for Bailey to retire.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Bailey’s latest problem is he fancies himself a playmaker, but the only plays he can make are standing still. He doesn’t skate well, he doesn’t make plays on the move, and he takes forever when has the puck along the wall inevitably leading to a turnover
3061FCBB-ABA8-40BD-BB36-5E9E7BC19B57.jpeg

This is the perfect place for him …..LGI

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Isles HF favorite writer Dom Luszczyszyn wrote an article today about which teams improved themselves in the offseason the most (according to his model). He ranked our Islanders as the 6th most improved team.

Why? Simply by getting rid of Josh Bailey. He wrote that Bailey was so awful last year that just not having to play him every game in the upcoming season is worth about an additional +8 goals.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Isles HF favorite writer Dom Luszczyszyn wrote an article today about which teams improved themselves in the offseason the most (according to his model). He ranked our Islanders as the 6th most improved team.

Why? Simply by getting rid of Josh Bailey. He wrote that Bailey was so awful last year that just not having to play him every game in the upcoming season is worth about an additional +8 goals.
Sounds like a riveting read.

Reactions: Strummergas

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Well, this convinces me, Bailey is a top 10 player in NHL history.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
In a world where loyalty is dead, Bailey had it in spades.

You can knock the player all you want, but I'll always appreciate how loyal Bailey was to the Islanders despite taking a Jeff Goldblum pile of shit from the fans over the course of his career for things even Lemieux wouldn't have been able to fix.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
In a world where loyalty is dead, Bailey had it in spades.

You can knock the player all you want, but I'll always appreciate how loyal Bailey was to the Islanders despite taking a Jeff Goldblum pile of shit from the fans over the course of his career for things even Lemieux wouldn't have been able to fix.
Personally I don't think it was right the way Lambert treated him. 1000 games and you go out of your way to spoil a chance for his fans to show that appreciation? That was the final straw for me with Lambert.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Personally I don't think it was right the way Lambert treated him. 1000 games and you go out of your way to spoil a chance for his fans to show that appreciation? That was the final straw for me with Lambert.
That didn't break anything for me with Lambert. Was just a shitty thing to do. To think you play all this time for one team, and this one situation could sour his feeling of the franchise. Bad human beings can still be good coaches, though.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Capuano would have had him on the opening line and Snow would've made sure there was a great video montage.

Sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
64 games played
8 goals on 72 SOG's
17 assists
11 Hits
21 takeaways
47 giveaways

For $5 MILLION

0G/0A in the first 5 games before his 1,000th to start the season . . .

Instead of blaming Lambert, blame the player for playing himself out of a spot

Reactions: Bones45 and Big L

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
64 games played
8 goals on 72 SOG's
17 assists
11 Hits
21 takeaways
47 giveaways

For $5 MILLION

0G/0A in the first 5 games before his 1,000th to start the season . . .

Instead of blaming Lambert, blame the player for playing himself out of a spot
I don't think that having Josh Bailey playing game number 1,000 on home ice even entered Lambert's mind. Is this really that big of a deal? I can imagine if it was the last game of the season and he was a healthy scratch - yes, that would've been a dick move. But Lambert can't be concerned about making sure the lineup he ices aligns with game 1,000 being a home game that Bailey plays. Come on.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
We made the playoffs by only 2 points last year. Hard for me to blame Lambert for not giving an apparently washed up player a victory lap when every game mattered. Once it was clear to the staff that Bailey was shot, then he has to play whoever he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.

Reactions: Big L

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
We made the playoffs by only 2 points last year. Hard for me to blame Lambert for not giving an apparently washed up player a victory lap when every game mattered. Once it was clear to the staff that Bailey was shot, then he has to play whoever he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.
I don't think that Bailey is/was shot. He probably would've played more under Trotz but he has clearly lost a step. Lambert thought other players gave the team a better chance to win. Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad