What should we do with Bailey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Ask him to retire, for the good of the organization. Just like Uncle Leo did.
1678901690055.png

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
He can follow the way of the Hick's...let him mentor the kids in the A and be a difference maker in that League

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I vote for a woke approach . . . he reclassifies as a tennis player, so we can release him outright

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
If this is the end of the line for Bailey with the Islanders (I bet he still as at least 5 seasons in him, perhaps on another team), you have to view that pick and his career as a success.

Overpaid? Meh... What he makes is barely above average these days.

And you can play the perimeter in tennis, right? He's perfect for the tour!
Do you yell "shoooooot!" during tennis matches too?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If this is the end of the line for Bailey with the Islanders (I bet he still as at least 5 seasons in him, perhaps on another team), you have to view that pick and his career as a success.

Overpaid? Meh... What he makes is barely above average these days.

If he got paid based upon production and effort, he'd be broke.

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Jokes aside, his numbers are good. And he played a prominent role on two pretty successful teams.
His numbers are good? According to whom? He generates nothing. He is an alcoholic Uncle who sleeps on your couch and eats your food and is a complete dependent on the home.

I expect a top 6 winger to actually score. Perhaps you don't

You should probably watch him play.. when he isn't scratched lol.. (there's another sign that he sucks. "Healthy scratch")..

Question: In what world does a coach scratch a healthy top 6 player?

Answer: It doesn't happen-- cuz Bailey isn't top 6. Id take any of our 4th liners over Bailey at nearly any time.

You know I'm not the only one who feels this way, right? Take a look a the results.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
His numbers are good? According to whom? He generates nothing. He is an alcoholic Uncle who sleeps on your couch and eats your food and is a complete dependent on the home.

I expect a top 6 winger to actually score. Perhaps you don't

You should probably watch him play.. when he isn't scratched lol.. (there's another sign that he sucks. "Healthy scratch")..

Question: In what world does a coach scratch a healthy top 6 player?

Answer: It doesn't happen-- cuz Bailey isn't top 6. Id take any of our 4th liners over Bailey at nearly any time.

You know I'm not the only one who feels this way, right? Take a look a the results.
What results? Your poll? Whatever.

Bailey has regressed this year and as a result, has taken on a lesser role under this coaching staff. No argument from me. Doesn't take away from the fact (read: fact) that he most certainly was a top 6 forward in years past, particularly in the 2018-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. You know the three best seasons we've had in about 30 years. And his playoff (read: when it matters most) numbers are better than good.

These takes about Bailey are lazy and really uninformed. Sometimes they can be funny, but more often than not they miss the mark.

But thanks for the tip about watching the games.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
What results? Your poll? Whatever.

Bailey has regressed this year and as a result, has taken on a lesser role under this coaching staff. No argument from me. Doesn't take away from the fact (read: fact) that he most certainly was a top 6 forward in years past, particularly in the 2018-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. You know the three best seasons we've had in about 30 years. And his playoff (read: when it matters most) numbers are better than good.

These takes about Bailey are lazy and really uninformed. Sometimes they can be funny, but more often than not they miss the mark.

But thanks for the tip about watching the games.
My poll, and posters here vote. Sorry the results don't agree with your taek on a passionless waste of a uniform. You're just gunna cherry pick stats for when he was playing with Tavares, eh? Typical. By himself he is a zero. (We see this nearly every game). When he plays with others who do the work, he gets points. Just like I would if I played with JT.

Why was he scratched? :)

f***ing FASCHING has more drive, passion, and energy than Bailey. Fasching, Zeeker, and Clutterbuck ALL DAY over Bailey.

Keep watching. Maybe one day you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad