Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Fake news. If it was an emergency recall, they'd have written that. Capfriendly has it listed as a regular call up, too and they tend to be right. But if you can find a reliable source stating that it was an emergency loan, feel free to post it.

Again he was called up to replace white, white is back....
The end,
I already said even if it wasn’t an emergency the guy he was playing for is back.
The only fake is your outrage

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anyways...now that he's in Belleville, leave him there for the rest of the year. He got a taste of the NHL and a bit of money. Back to work on his game so he can impress at camp in the fall.

Reactions: bert

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Fake news. If it was an emergency recall, they'd have written that. Capfriendly has it listed as a regular call up, too and they tend to be right. But if you can find a reliable source stating that it was an emergency loan, feel free to post it.

Cap friendly for example isn't a reliable source for the status of the recall. They have Ottawa making 6 recalls since the trade deadline non of them being emergency, the limit on post deadline call ups is 4 with the exception of emergency recalls.

Sens Communications also didn't note that Chlapik's recall was an emergency recall. Balcers is a regular call up. From my understanding Jaros and Englund as well are. At least one of them has to be. Thats 2 or 3 call ups there, and if the fact that a tweet didn't clarify the status of the call up is enough to assume the status than Chalpik and Norris makes it either 4 or 5. It's important to remember teams are limited in their call ups after the deadline. I'm not going to go through tweets, articles or audio from a week ago to prove a point. I know it's been discussed on TSN1200 multiple times and with knowledge of the rules around post deadline call ups it doesn't take a genius to understand what is happening in this case.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We all know the rules. That's not what this is about. Try to find the word "emergency" here. Good luck.

So at 10:25 this morning on 1200 they said that White and Duclair where full participants in practice and noth are playing tomorrow so Norris, as an emergency recall had to ho back down

So, it's not a link that you can read but that's what they said and precisely when they said it

I thought Norris looked good in his stint

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Im not diminishing, im pointing out that it won't change how sj feels about the trade one iota and why that's the case.

So you understand how SJ feels about it? Where did you acquire that knowledge?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So you understand how SJ feels about it? Where did you acquire that knowledge?
Are you seriously just looking to argue? I don't have time for this crap. You are right, sj fans are devistated by this news. Have a good day.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think the original comment was more in terms of SJ fans being upset with the fact that EK doesn't look quite like the player he was here... now has a terrible contract.... we are getting no worse than then 6th pick in a loaded draft, possibly much higher... plus a very promising young C who lit up the AHL as a rookie. That's how its "unfolded". Kinda like how none of us were overly fond with how the Duchene trade unfolded. I think that's what they meant anyway.

If I were a SJ fan I would like exactly none of that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think the original comment was more in terms of SJ fans being upset with the fact that EK doesn't look quite like the player he was here... now has a terrible contract.... we are getting no worse than then 6th pick in a loaded draft, possibly much higher... plus a very promising young C who lit up the AHL as a rookie. That's how its "unfolded". Kinda like how none of us were overly fond with how the Duchene trade unfolded. I think that's what they meant anyway.

If I were a SJ fan I would like exactly none of that.
The news of Norris winning the AHL rookie of the year doesn't or shouldn't change how Norris is perceived as a prospect, his play since the trade already took care of that. Had he not won rookie of the year, SJ fans would likely and should be equally disappointing with how the trade has turned out. That was my point; AHL rookie being awarded to Norris doesn't or shouldn't move the needle for anybody who pays enough attention to prospects to care about who won the AHL rookie of the year.

I guess it you guys want any excuse to bask in the schadenfreude of SJ's misery, that's fine...

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Not sure this really moves the needle, the list of AHL rookie of the year isn't exactly littered with NHL superstars.

Still upset with that Arnason deal eh...lo jk. List isn't too bad though, but I expected to see some bigger names for sure, lots of small players in there. I guess if you're THAT good...you're already in the show.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not sure this really moves the needle, the list of AHL rookie of the year isn't exactly littered with NHL superstars.
The AHL is littered with guys that looked good ,once upon a time...Hopefully Norris has the game to step up from that league,as we could sure use a player

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The AHL is littered with guys that looked good ,once upon a time...Hopefully Norris has the game to step up from that league,as we could sure use a player
Norris' skill set projects very well to a smooth transition to the NHL imo, though not necessarily as an elite player. To me his floor appears to be 3rd liner which is great. A lot of AHL players that once looked good either had holes in their game (size, skating, ect) or where top 6 or bust guys that needed to play a specific role to be successful. Norris looks like a guy that can fit anywhere in the lineup.

Congrats to him on a well deserved award, doesn't change my opinion on him at all but it's a nice piece for his trophy collection.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Norris' skill set projects very well to a smooth transition to the NHL imo, though not necessarily as an elite player. To me his floor appears to be 3rd liner which is great. A lot of AHL players that once looked good either had holes in their game (size, skating, ect) or where top 6 or bust guys that needed to play a specific role to be successful. Norris looks like a guy that can fit anywhere in the lineup.

Congrats to him on a well deserved award, doesn't change my opinion on him at all but it's a nice piece for his trophy collection.
Yep ,as per usual perfect answer...

Reactions: Cosmix

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Pierre McGuire said he thinks this kid will be a great second line center. That would be awesome, what kind of player do you think he will become?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Trading EK was a great decision & that trade is looking better every day. IMO Norris has 1st/2nd line potential, but with L. Brown & hopefully Byfield he could end up on the 3rd line depending on how L. Brown performs. The centre position in Ottawa is starting to solidify for the future & this draft should certainly help this team in that respect. As soon as this team moves out Tierny & Anisimov, L. Brown & Norris should be able to step right in & hopefully improve the team. IMO LW & centre are starting to look really good & it's the RW & defence that needs a little help.

Reactions: Cosmix and Sweatred

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pierre McGuire said he thinks this kid will be a great second line center. That would be awesome, what kind of player do you think he will become?
Norris surpassed my expectations last year with the year he had in Belleville.
If he keeps developing he could be a very good 2nd line C that can play on the 1st PP unit as a shooter.
At worst he'll be a good 3rd line C that can chip in offensively.

Reactions: Cosmix

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, if I were a SJ fan and someone told me Norris won AHL rookie of the year, I'd think shit another good asset lost for EK. Then if someone told me how many AHL ROTY became stars in the NHL, I'd think, oh, maybe not a big deal.

It's like us getting upset about Dahlin doing well when we traded him. It was very reactionary and short lasting.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
SNAPSHOTS: Josh Norris wins AHL honours and could be ready to make next step

Norris, a key piece brought back in the deal that sent Erik Karlsson to the San Jose Sharks in Sept., 2018, was selected as the AHL’s rookie-of-the-year Thursday and will receive the Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award which is voted on by players, coaches and media members in all 31 markets.

“Josh Norris just became a man amongst boys at the American league level,” Dorion said in a Zoom call with local reporters Thursday. “For a 20-year-old to win the rookie of the year just says something about where we feel he will end up for us. He plays the game at an extremely high pace, his skating, execution, ability, he’s someone that’s got offensive flair and he does everything the right way.”

Senators prospect Josh Norris named AHL's most outstanding rookie - Sportsnet.ca

With an outstanding combination of speed, skill and competitiveness every time he steps on the ice, Josh is a deserving winner of this prestigious award.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad