Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Sens desperately need an elite forward. To me if we aren't in the top 3 (maybe it has to be number 1) then it's going to be hard

We need three first line players and a second line Center. I am not certain what you mean by elite but if we are going to be a strong contender for the SC, then we need at least 2 offensive players who can be in the top 10 to 15 in the league scoring race.

Reactions: Sweatred

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
So define elite. For me the only elite forwards in the last 10 years are McDavid and Matthews and possibly Draisaitl. If you are saying the Sens need that guy then I disagree.

Past 10 years? McDavid is in his own category, but I would add to Draisaitl and Matthews in the "elite category":

Mackinnon
Eichel
Marner
Rantanen
Aho
Barkov
Pettersson

At the very least, I am sure there are more. Anyone of those players would make our team instantly better.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Past 10 years? McDavid is in his own category, but I would add to Draisaitl and Matthews in the "elite category":

Mackinnon
Eichel
Marner
Rantanen
Aho
Barkov
Pettersson

At the very least, I am sure there are more. Anyone of those players would make our team instantly better.

Anyone prepared to vouch that Rossi/Holtz/Perf should match that level ?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Mackinnon
Eichel
Marner
Rantanen
Aho
Barkov
Pettersson

If you are including those type of players then I would say there is a very good chance the Sens add an "elite" player in the upcoming draft.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If you are including those type of players then I would say there is a very good chance the Sens add an "elite" player in the upcoming draft.

Those to me are the definition of "elite". In my opinion, a player like McDavid is in the generational category like Crosby, Ovechkin and Kane...although Draisaitl is close to being included here too.

Matthews I would put in the "elite"category for now I suppose.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I take that as a no ... that’s why I have no interest clapping for a 6&7 selection
6 & 7 selection is the worst possible case. The Sens have a 62% chance of having a pick in the top 3 and if that happens our other pick will be at worst 6th. I like their odds of getting a great player.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Those to me are the definition of "elite". In my opinion, a player like McDavid is in the generational category like Crosby, Ovechkin and Kane...although Draisaitl is close to being included here too.

Matthews I would put in the "elite"category for now I suppose.
Kane isn’t generational and Draisaitl is for sure not close either. Matthews is elite. In this draft I see Lafreniere, Byfield as being elite and then there’s about 6 or 7 possible stats

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
So define elite. For me the only elite forwards in the last 10 years are McDavid and Matthews and possibly Draisaitl. If you are saying the Sens need that guy then I disagree.
Drai mcdavid Matthews barkov eichel marner Rantanen petersson off the top of my head

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
To me Kane is a top 5 player since his draft year. He is generational.
I don’t know what being top 5 has to do with being generational. To me only Crosby and Ovechkin have cemented themselves as generational since the lockout and only McDavid has a chance to be one right now. IMO that’s using the term too liberally

Reactions: DueDiligence

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Kane isn’t generational and Draisaitl is for sure not close either. Matthews is elite. In this draft I see Lafreniere, Byfield as being elite and then there’s about 6 or 7 possible stats

Man, Kane has 1000 points and is only 31. He can crack 10th place all-time at this point. Kane is as close to generational as can be. I'd say only Crosby, Ovy, Malkin, McDavid(potential) and EK(peak and needs a few more seasons) are generational. But Kane is legit rightttt there next.

To me generational is when a player separates himself from the pack convincingly in multiple seasons while also still been consistently among the best throughout the other campaigns.

Kane has maybe only done that once at his peak and thats why I haven't put him generational.

Reactions: TheDebater

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don’t know what being top 5 has to do with being generational. To me only Crosby and Ovechkin have cemented themselves as generational since the lockout and only McDavid has a chance to be one right now. IMO that’s using the term too liberally

If top 5 player since 2007 is not "generational" then what is?

By the time he retires, he will be known as one of the best to ever play, plus he has 3 cups and multiple personal awards.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Kane
Malkin
McDavid (for now)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yet another good game. Very good at faceoffs once again. Just 52% (11/21) overall but he won 55% (6/11) against Luke Glendening. After Beagle last game that is the 2nd absolute top faceoff crack he dominated. Those two, together with Staal, Toews, Giroux, Duchene, O'Reilly and Bergeron, are pretty much the only ones more or less consistently up there in the 55%+ range over the last few years.

Reactions: derriko and DrEasy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
If top 5 player since 2007 is not "generational" then what is?

By the time he retires, he will be known as one of the best to ever play, plus he has 3 cups and multiple personal awards.

Crosby
Ovechkin
Kane
Malkin
McDavid (for now)

Ovechkin is a generational goal scorer, the rest are just star players, Generational is for players that dominate, it is not for a group of guys that were all really close to each other, if you have to include a group of players in the generational list because they are all around the same skill there is no generational player. The whole point of the generational player is to dominate for a generation

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yet another good game. Very good at faceoffs once again. Just 52% (11/21) overall but he won 55% (6/11) against Luke Glendening. After Beagle last game that is the 2nd absolute top faceoff crack he dominated. Those two, together with Staal, Toews, Giroux, Duchene, O'Reilly and Bergeron, are pretty much the only ones more or less consistently up there in the 55%+ range over the last few years.
encouraging but definitely need a bigger sample size.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Why would you send him down now? Belleville won't play until Thursday so what's the point? Sens are down to just 21 players after the move...so if Duclair and White aren't both available or they'll recall somebody else then Sens won't even have a scratch on Tuesday. Would have made sense to send him down after the Pens game but now? Curious move.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Why would you send him down now? Belleville won't play until Thursday so what's the point? Sens are down to just 21 players after the move...so if Duclair and White aren't both available or they'll recall somebody else then Sens won't even have a scratch on Tuesday. Would have made sense to send him down after the Pens game but now? Curious move.

I recall PD saying the only reason Norris was up was the injury to White...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I recall PD saying the only reason Norris was up was the injury to White...

Doesn't change anything. What happens if White and Duclair both suffer setbacks?
Also, Norris needs to play. Wouldn't have hurt the Sens to keep White out one more game or to scratch Peca for one. Now Norris is just gonna sit on his ass almost all week long. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad