Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This is key. He doesn't have nearly the same shiftiness as Barzal and I'm not sure he's capable of it. He's a fast skater but I don't think he has the same mobility side to side that Barzal has, he's just more of an up and down straight ahead skater that takes advantage of a little lateral movement with his speed. Barzal can cut to the net better as well as into lanes which keep defenseman guessing. JHS will be better if he can learn not to telegraph passes, but i'm not sure he'll ever have that side to side agility that Barzal has.

I agree. He's definitely much more North-South than Barzal is and doesn't keep his speed up as well when cutting.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
My replies are funky?
I am also a fan of the team more than the player. BUT...I see JHS as part of the solution. I see a guy who hustles back, whether the turn over is his fault or not, and can be a difference maker as opposed to a place holder for the future. I hope this regime has the guts to put him in the line up and see what happens, after he gets his confidence back. Not sure if Bridgeport is going to help him, their development track record is not a pretty sight.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Just say what you mean, jeez.

Jesus christ

The Islanders had a "No Notice" test the Saturday that Ho-Sang took a "personal day."

Anyone that was on the roster needed to be present. The NHL does not have a suspension rule like the NFL if a player is not present, thus he wasn't suspended. The first "no notice" test is team wide. If not present, it is made up at a later date.

Part of the reason why the NHL has a look the other way drug policy

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Jesus christ

The Islanders had a "No Notice" test the Saturday that Ho-Sang took a "personal day."

Anyone that was on the roster needed to be present. The NHL does not have a suspension rule like the NFL if a player is not present, thus he wasn't suspended. The first "no notice" test is team wide. If not present, it is made up at a later date.

When you say “no notice” my first thought is he had an unexcused absence from camp and that JHS and Trotz smoothed it out behind closd doors and it became a personal day.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Jesus christ

So you think the Islanders knew he'd fail so they gave him a personal day or that he skipped the day because he knew he'd fail? How do you know they had the test that day? How do you know he'd have failed?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
So you think the Islanders knew he'd fail so they gave him a personal day or that he skipped the day because he knew he'd fail? How do you know they had the test that day? How do you know he'd have failed?
You know he can’t say. Then he’d have to drop a name.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
For all I know this guy is a burner account for someone better connected than you or I.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

I don't know that. Just a strange time to take a "personal day"...especially when on the roster bubble

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Usually the players are given a heads up the day before. The team is notified 48 hours prior.

I'm probably wrong on Ho-sang. I just stress that there was a test that day.
You’ll believe what you want to believe. But it’s hard for me to get behind what you’re putting forawrd here because it’s unverified.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Ah, the old 24 hour notice, no-notice test.

LOL

As an NCAA athlete, we were also subject to "no notice" testing. 4 years, probably 12 tests, I knew the day before every time. Usually a coach or someone associated with the team would provide the heads up, merely to ensure you don't show up with alcohol in your system from the night before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad