Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
So tired of the obsession with Ho-Sang. He hasn't done **** in the NHL and he sucked balls in the AHL. He has an attitude problem and an ego. Nobody knows what his "personal day" was about. He is a cancer to a locker room. Should have traded him when he had a little bit of value.

Yeah i hate him too.

Hope he never turns it around. Even though it would be a huge help to the Islanders organization i'm tired of rooting for a 22 year old prospect because everyone says he's a cancer.

Who cares what Lou said on cut day.

I hope he never grows up and amounts to anything because at least I'll be right. Who cares if it's good for the Islanders organisation.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yeah i hate him too.

Hope he never turns it around. Even though it would be a huge help to the Islanders organization i'm tired of rooting for a 22 year old prospect because everyone says he's a cancer.

Who cares what Lou said on cut day.

I hope he never grows up and amounts to anything because at least I'll be right. Who cares if it's good for the Islanders organisation.
You forgot the :sarcasm:

Reactions: Macch

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Last I checked the word "Discussion" can be about both positive and negative things. Maybe rename the thread to Compliments Only: Josh Ho-Sang if we aren't allowed to discuss how bad he actually is.

I couldn't care less whether you like JHS or not.

I question why you come into the JHS thread and ask why the " obsession " with JHS. Gee,shocker to find fans discussing the guy, in a thread set up talk about him.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017

I question why you come into the JHS thread and ask why the " obsession " with JHS. Gee,shocker to find fans discussing the guy, in a thread set up talk about him.

I asked why the obsession with him being on the roster when he hasn't proven anything at any level.

It's pretty clear you don't know what the word Discussion means so there is no point in going back and forth.

Have a nice day!

Reactions: Costigan77

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I asked why the obsession with him being on the roster when he hasn't proven anything at any level.

It's pretty clear you don't know what the word Discussion means so there is no point in going back and forth.

Have a nice day!

You must not have watched him the season Weight took over for Cappy then. He took the team over and played awesome for a rookie, that is why the fanbase holds out hope for him.

One could make the argument he has played better at the NHL level earning top six minutes than he did at the AHL level.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

The "obsession" that most people have issue with is that this kid never being able to stick here is merely a coaching/management screw up, never putting the 90% of blame deserved on him.

Again, as I said in a previous post...."no notice."
Perhaps this is a known issue within the organization?

Reactions: PuckItUp27

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You must not have watched him the season Weight took over for Cappy then. He took the team over and played awesome for a rookie, that is why the fanbase holds out hope for him.

One could make the argument he has played better at the NHL level earning top six minutes than he did at the AHL level.

He played a very one-dimensional game in a bunch of meaningless games that season when the team was out of it. He disagreed that he needed to work on the defensive aspects of his game and then sulked in the minors.

Reactions: bigtim1988

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hard to imagine a team like the islanders having 6 middle 6 forwards better than him...
Actually, the Islanders are "a team like the Islanders" precisely because of forwards playing the way JHS does, so it's really not that hard to imagine.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Have a nice day!
In JHS first season, his speed and skill were major reasons the isles made a playoff push,almost making the postseason.

And kind of hard to have a discussion with ridiculous, unproven comments such as he is a cancer.

Tired of reading JHS supporters comments? then maybe the JHS is not the thread for you:sarcasm:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He played a very one-dimensional game in a bunch of meaningless games that season when the team was out of it. He disagreed that he needed to work on the defensive aspects of his game and then sulked in the minors.
Yeah, pushing for the playoffs and just falling short were meaningless games.

:laugh:

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The "obsession" that most people have issue with is that this kid never being able to stick here is merely a coaching/management screw up, never putting the 90% of blame deserved on him.

Again, as I said in a previous post...."no notice."
Perhaps this is a known issue within the organization?
We did not exactly have Al Arbour/Bill Torrey level management last year(or the years before-hopefully you get that), even guys like Boychuk hinted that it was not an easy scheme to buy into. Maybe someday the intrigue around his missed day will be solved.
Until then, keep hating.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yeah, pushing for the playoffs and just falling short were meaningless games.

:laugh:
Only in Islanderland would those be considered meaningful games. It was garbage time.

They definitely got a jolt in the arm when Weight came in but just as it looked like they may actually get back in the race, they lost 3 in a row and were all but mathematically eliminated. And Ho-Sang did squat towards the end when the pressure was dialed up just a notch and the games almost mattered. I think they won their last 5 or 6 (again Ho-Sang did NOTHING in those games) but there was nothing left to play for.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
In JHS first season, his speed and skill were major reasons the isles made a playoff push,almost making the postseason.

And kind of hard to have a discussion with ridiculous, unproven comments such as he is a cancer.

Tired of reading JHS supporters comments? then maybe the JHS is not the thread for you:sarcasm:
I agree that the cancer comments are uncalled for.

Ho Sang was inserted into the lineup when the Islanders had about a 5% chance of making the playoffs. I believe it got as high as 25% but then he and the rest of the team unraveled like a cheap sweater. Hanging your hat on being a "major reason" that the Islanders almost made a playoff push is funny.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
i believe in Trotz for obvious reasons ... if he feels other players give the isles a better chance to win , so be it ... hope to see Josh work on his game , play hard and get the call up ... LGI

Reactions: IslesNbeer

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Kind of damn if you do,damn if you don't....if JHS plays with his usual swagger, he is taking chances and accused of refusing to play a responsible, accountable style.
Instead,he focused on trying to limit turnovers and mistakes, was not as dynamic.
Disappointing to see him demoted.

If he can balance the both he’ll likely carve out an NHL career. If not, he likely won’t.

It’s those factors that can make or break a player.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
We did not exactly have Al Arbour/Bill Torrey level management last year(or the years before-hopefully you get that), even guys like Boychuk hinted that it was not an easy scheme to buy into. Maybe someday the intrigue around his missed day will be solved.
Until then, keep hating.

Yet again, let me state my point. I'm an Islander fan. I rood for the laundry. But the obsession that this team "ruined" him is ridiculous. He has been doing most of it to himself.

To use a Arbour/Torrey as a level of a spectrum to grade coaching/management is ridiculous.

Ho-sang's best NHL look was under Weight.

Again, perhaps look at the player.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
If ho sang can ever put his game together he can be a 50-60 point player. He has great skills as we all know along with being a very good skater. If he can improve his descision making with the puck and get stronger he will be a player in this League. It’s all on josh now. He is playing for his nhl life right now.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Didn't realize the team was out of it considering they missed the playoffs by one point. Interesting.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Didn't realize the team was out of it considering they missed the playoffs by one point. Interesting.
I didn’t realize he sulked in the minors. I saw him play in 5 games from January-April and he didn’t seem to be sulking. Maybe he was just happy to see me.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
No but considering a lot of Isles fans keep saying he should be a starter in every thread that has to do with our roster when infact he hasn't done anything or shown any reason to make an NHL team let alone produce or do anything on an AHL level.

Putting up .5 ppg in the NHL isn't doing nothing. He was at a ppg pace last year in the AHL before he broke his hand. Sick analysis.

That team pushed for a playoff spot, so they weren't really meaningless. Missing by a single point isn't meaningless. The odds were against the team, but they made it damn close. I also don't remember him saying he didn't need to work on his defense, I seem to remember him saying that he didn't understand why he was being singled out and was being blamed for the lack of defense when the whole team was struggling with it. He was calling out the hypocrisy, which was apparent to everyone, not that he didn't have to work on it. Then he played through a broken hand in the minors being a good little soldier.

I think he can be a good NHLer. The first year he came up he was hustling all over the ice. I distinctly remember him busting his ass to beat an icing call, then pinning the puck to the boards and battling to chew time off the clock against the Flyers when the team had the lead. He wasn't afraid of mucking it up, which is what we need to see more of. I'm not upset he's starting in the minors, I'm upset that these other scrubs are/were given a pass and allowed to start in the NHL despite not being nearly as talented offensively and being mediocre at best defensively.

Reactions: Macch and Lights911

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The last 5 or 6 games they won were essentially meaningless. Yes they missed by a point but they were out of it two weeks prior - when they lost three in a row. Before they lost those three games they were ALMOST in the race. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

And Ho Sang certainly sulked in the minors last year. Woe is me... and he sucked to boot.

Reactions: PuckItUp27

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The last 5 or 6 games they won were essentially meaningless. Yes they missed by a point but they were out of it two weeks prior - when they lost three in a row. Before they lost those three games they were ALMOST in the race. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

And Ho Sang certainly sulked in the minors last year. Woe is me... and he sucked to boot.

He had a broken hand...was a ppg player before then.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Only in Islanderland would those be considered meaningful games. It was garbage time.

They definitely got a jolt in the arm when Weight came in but just as it looked like they may actually get back in the race, they lost 3 in a row and were all but mathematically eliminated. And Ho-Sang did squat towards the end when the pressure was dialed up just a notch and the games almost mattered. I think they won their last 5 or 6 (again Ho-Sang did NOTHING in those games) but there was nothing left to play for.
Any team that is fighting for the last playoff spot and misses by a pt,is playing meaningful games.

And the isles don't make that push without JHS speed and skill.

Has his development gone the way I had hoped it would? No. Clearly his development has stalled,
But, let's not pretend he has shown nothing at the nhl level.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Any team that is fighting for the last playoff spot and misses by a pt,is playing meaningful games.

And the isles don't make that push without JHS speed and skill.

Has his development gone the way I had hoped it would? No. Clearly his development has stalled,
But, let's not pretend he has shown nothing at the nhl level.
There were very few meanguful games that season. There was barely a push. More like a gentle nudge. I acknowledge his skill. He’s super fun to watch. But he is a huge liability defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad