Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bailey, Eberle, Komarov at top 9 RW and the team is doing well.

JHS is not needed right now. Remember what Lou always says about having time and using it. Let JHS continue having success in the AHL. If he does, he'll get his chance sooner rather than later.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

JHS is not needed right now. Remember what Lou always says about having time and using it. Let JHS continue having success in the AHL. If he does, he'll get his chance sooner rather than later.
I suspect we lose Eberle so it would be nice to keep him in the cupboard - I doubt his trade value is equivalent to his actual talent level

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

Not that I am advocating changing what is working, but Komarov is a left hand shot, and has played well at all three forward positions (and I saw him play competent defence in a game in Finland).

There are other things keeping JHS down, but "three good RW" doesn't have to be one.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Not that I am advocating changing what is working, but Komarov is a left hand shot, and has played well at all three forward positions (and I saw him play competent defence in a game in Finland).

There are other things keeping JHS down, but "three good RW" doesn't have to be one.
I think MDC may get first shot to crack top 9 first here especially with Ladd out. Trotz and Lou seem to really believe in roles and certain guys playing same position.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I suspect we lose Eberle so it would be nice to keep him in the cupboard - I doubt his trade value is equivalent to his actual talent level
Yeah, and depending on how the next few months go Lou could even trade Eberle at the deadline and put JHS in his spot.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Josh not doing much on the score sheet lately. Does anybody have some insight on this? I don’t have a chance to see the Bridgeport games. Thanks.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
JHS has the worst +/- on the team and over half of his points are on the PP.
He's only scored an even strength point in 5 games this season, which means he's been held pointless at even strength in over 75% of his games so far. Haven't watched BST this season, but his lack of even strength production is concerning.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
JHS has the worst +/- on the team and over half of his points are on the PP.
Any time someone cites +/- like it means anything God kill a kitten. And I've never really understood why it matters if a guy scores on the PP vs even strength. If a guy is constantly on the score sheet why does it matter? A goal scored on the PP is worth the exact same amount as one scored at even strength.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Any time someone cites +/- like it means anything God kill a kitten. And I've never really understood why it matters if a guy scores on the PP vs even strength. If a guy is constantly on the score sheet why does it matter? A goal scored on the PP is worth the exact same amount as one scored at even strength.
It’s a good thing our PP is f***ing horrendous

Reactions: YearlyLottery

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

Love Lou. He brought immediate credibility. Made som great hires for the coaching staff. But he is very old school. He will build from the back out. Rookies will sit for vets. Etc. Take the good with the bad I guess.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Love Lou. He brought immediate credibility. Made som great hires for the coaching staff. But he is very old school. He will build from the back out. Rookies will sit for vets. Etc. Take the good with the bad I guess.
The gigantic problem is that this is the exact opposite of the direction the league is headed which is younger and faster. Old and slow is the way you lose lots of games in today's NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad