Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
It's pretty clear that the organization spoke to him and gave him positive reinforcement. It's easy to get bitter when your demoted to the fourth line in the AHL. Thing is I don't think the level of coaching in Bridgeport is up to par.
But it seems JHS will be given the opportunity to succeed. Players shouldn't just "shut" their mouths. Plenty of outspoken athletes have had great careers.

Reactions: Macch

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It's pretty clear that the organization spoke to him and gave him positive reinforcement. It's easy to get bitter when your demoted to the fourth line in the AHL. Thing is I don't think the level of coaching in Bridgeport is up to par.
But it seems JHS will be given the opportunity to succeed. Players shouldn't just "shut" their mouths. Plenty of outspoken athletes have had great careers.
Depends what you say, how you say and when you say it.

That said, glad JHS is playing well. Would love for him to get another shot with the Isles this season. Barzal, JHS and Leddy out in OT would be fun to watch. :)

Reactions: bigtim1988

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
"My play the last two nights was an apology......". The implication of that is that JHS can turn it on and off whenever he pleases, which begs the question, "WTF were you doing before you felt the need to apologize?". This guy has talent but he is a f**king train wreck when he opens his mouth.

Reactions: ekill08x

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
"My play the last two nights was an apology......". The implication of that is that JHS can turn it on and off whenever he pleases, which begs the question, "WTF were you doing before you felt the need to apologize?". This guy has talent but he is a f**king train wreck when he opens his mouth.

He was buried in the lineup. This weekend was also when he got bumped up.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
He was buried in the lineup. This weekend was also when he got bumped up.
I understand that. But you don't state that in essence 'I played well because I wanted to apologize'. You go out and play well all the time, every game, not just when you're feeling contrite. Just a really stupid, tone-deaf thing to say.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
At what point does this play force the big club's hand to bring JHS up? How many games in a row?

Not saying it's going to happen, or I want it to happen or even that it's sustainable :sarcasm: for JHS to continue. But what does it take and who does he supplant?

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
At what point does this play force the big club's hand to bring JHS up? How many games in a row?

Not saying it's going to happen, or I want it to happen or even that it's sustainable :sarcasm: for JHS to continue. But what does it take and who does he supplant?

Considering Beauvillier is easily the most useless guy on the team, hopefully soon.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018

Yeah, right now the obvious choice is Beau, mostly because he seems to have forgotten how to play hockey and also because he's waiver exempt for another 8-10 games, I think. But to listen to LL on Sportsnet yesterday, it sure didn't sound like it was going to happen any time soon. Maybe they're going to give Beau right up to the last game of WE status to make a decision. That is, if I am right about his status. Anybody know for sure?

Last edited:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
TOR planning to poach JHS after this year?

"Right now, Josh Ho-Sang (No. 28 overall in 2014) is at a point-per-game pace in the AHL with Bridgeport but still waiting for his NHL break. You can’t help but think how a big personality like that would fare in a major Canadian market, having grown up in the thick of the Toronto hockey scene."

Custance: What NHL GMs are looking for in change-of-scenery...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
TOR planning to poach JHS after this year?

"Right now, Josh Ho-Sang (No. 28 overall in 2014) is at a point-per-game pace in the AHL with Bridgeport but still waiting for his NHL break. You can’t help but think how a big personality like that would fare in a major Canadian market, having grown up in the thick of the Toronto hockey scene."

Custance: What NHL GMs are looking for in change-of-scenery...
JHS is a rfa in July. In an organization that is scheduled to lose 3 forwards in their top 6,, I do not see him being poached.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
At what point does this guy justifiably ask for a trade seeing Beauvillier and his 1 point and -10 in 15 games have a permanent roster spot on the club and see other guys go down and a less deserving player get a call up over him.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
At what point does this guy justifiably ask for a trade seeing Beauvillier and his 1 point and -10 in 15 games have a permanent roster spot on the club and see other guys go down and a less deserving player get a call up over him.

Beauvillier has been sent down before and is about to get scratched from the lineup. They also play different positions, and the guy immediately under him on the depth chart just got called up.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am confident that 2 out of the 3 forwards will be signed, if not all three.
The only one of Lee,Eberle and Nelson that the press is reporting Lou is trying to extend is Lee. Both Nelson this season and Eberle last season have expressed interest in extensions, but silence from the isles.

And we know after the Tavares fiasco, that words about hoping to stay mean little. Both sides have to be in agreement.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What leverage does Ho-Sang have to ask for a trade?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Jesus Christ give it a rest

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Being we’re so thin at C I would like to see JHS bring an equivalent C prospect in return. I mentioned Pavel Zacha on the main boards as the type of prospect that maybe isn’t working out that we could trade JHS for.

Obviously trading within the division is not likely so I wonder why other C prospects may be available. What teams are deep at C?

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015

Asking for a trade would make him look even more bad imo.
At this point he needs to show he can put up points regularly + a lot of patience.

If nothing has happened midway through the season + JHS is at a PPG, THEN its time.

soooo in around 25 games we will see something (maybe)

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Being we’re so thin at C I would like to see JHS bring an equivalent C prospect in return. I mentioned Pavel Zacha on the main boards as the type of prospect that maybe isn’t working out that we could trade JHS for.

Obviously trading within the division is not likely so I wonder why other C prospects may be available. What teams are deep at C?
Zacha is an answer to the question no one asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad