Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Oh we know damn well in 10 months the narrative on Ho Sang is he refused to report to Bridgeport, already seeing people say that. and not really a conspiracy, it is pretty obvious if you look at not to distant history and alot of things going on in the earth today
I’ll make sure nobody piles on JHS for not reporting. We all now what happened anyway. He asked for a trade and was told to stay home.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
The org has failed JHS and giving Wahlstrom his number when JHS technically could be back with Bridgeport any day is a slap in the face. Wait until Thompson gets JHS back, should be interesting to say the least. Stop screwing with him and just release him. If MDC has a 20pt season playing 82 games in the top 6 I’ll be shocked.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
The org has failed JHS and giving Wahlstrom his number when JHS technically could be back with Bridgeport any day is a slap in the face.

HoSang asked for a trade. Why would the team promote him right now? He doesn't want to be a part of the team.

Stop screwing with him and just release him.

They already waived him. This isn't football where you can just cut a guy. They have to figure out an arrangement or trade.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
If he can’t be traded he is supposedly reporting to Bridgeport. If we have tons of injuries, do you think JHS gets called up? Never.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
If he can’t be traded he is supposedly reporting to Bridgeport. If we have tons of injuries, do you think JHS gets called up? Never.

If they work it out where he relaxes on the trade request, he goes to Bridgeport and shows that he's productive, hard working and has a good attitude, I don't see why they wouldn't call him up. The Isles want him to succeed. It's in their best interest that he does well, from every angle. Now, if he acts like a jerk, then yeah, he won't get called up.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
I totally agree with this and I hope this happens. I do think the odds are very against it however. He has to understand that it is either this scenario or nothing. No one is taking him off of our hands anytime soon it seems.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If they work it out where he relaxes on the trade request, he goes to Bridgeport and shows that he's productive, hard working and has a good attitude, I don't see why they wouldn't call him up. The Isles want him to succeed. It's in their best interest that he does well, from every angle. Now, if he acts like a jerk, then yeah, he won't get called up.
If the Isles weren’t still interested in Ho-Sang they wouldn’t have offered him a contract last summer and just let him walk away.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Yes, look at the guys at the top of the list. And if Barzy could score like those guys do, his GA rate would be forgivable. He doesn't. As for the other areas of his game that you find no complaint with, faceoffs, really, no complaints? You do know that he's our #1 center right?

And the NASCAR analogy. Pretty funny but way off the mark. Yes, they crash on occasion but the goal is to not crash and those that crash too much don't hang around long. Barzy often crashes when no one else has touched him.

As for "haterade", whatever that is, no, I'm just tired of hearing how great Barzy is when what I see on the ice isn't. That isn't hate, but, yes, it is the opposite of blinders

Yeah, faceoffs are bad too but he doesn't seem to be taking them as much. Nobody says the center has to take the face off. Certainly, I left that out and I would add it to the short list of faults.

Brings us back to falling down. You keep wanting to assert your opinion that he falls down unmolested a lot. I'm going to continue to assert my opinion that he doesn't (didn't happen even once yesterday against St. Louis) and there is no way to prove our opinions either way. Puts us in 'agree to disagree' mode or 'I know i'm right and I don't care what you think' mode. I'm going to choose the former because i'm not under the age of 19 or over the age of 60.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
Does anyone expect or know if JHS is going to report to Bridgeport this week? When will be two weeks since his request- hasn’t it been that already. I want the best for all Isles properties until they actually are gone. Shit even then I root for them.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The team is going to let him rot the whole year. This is a business...not a charity. He has a lot to learn.

Reactions: Rengi

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I want JHS to swallow his pride, report to Bridgeport and get his a** back to work. He is hurting no one but himself,sitting at home.

I get that he is frustrated and wants out.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I want JHS to swallow his pride, report to Bridgeport and get his a** back to work. He is hurting no one but himself,sitting at home.

I get that he is frustrated and wants out.

It's my understanding that Lou asked him not to report to Bridgeport, at least initially. Not sure what the deal is now.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's my understanding that Lou asked him not to report to Bridgeport, at least initially. Not sure what the deal is now.
Foolish move imo.
Does Lou expect JHS to somehow raise his value sitting at home?

Isles and Sound Tigers rosters so stacked that they do not need improvement, either thru homegrown talent or trade?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Foolish move imo.

Isles and Sound Tigers rosters so stacked that they do not need improvement, either thru homegrown talent or trade?

It was only as long as they tried to figure out a trade. That seems to not have materialised so I will expect him to be in Bridgeport soon

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
It was only as long as they tried to figure out a trade. That seems to not have materialised so I will expect him to be in Bridgeport soon

Thank you yes I expect him there soon as well, probably by the weekend. It will be awkward but I expect him to be in the lineup after a few practices. Not sure if any of this is realistic. He absolutely has to report or he will likely be suspended.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Foolish move imo.

JHS asked to leave the organization. "Okay, Josh, we understand that you don't want to be part of our team any more, but in the meantime you can play with our young prospects and their mentor/vets in the AHL where someone will have to sit in the press box every time you play."

I think telling him to wait it out was the right move.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
JHS has had enough time to know what the Isles are looking for in his game. He is either incapable or unwilling at this point. Both are red flags and he needs to go....period.

Reactions: bstash19

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Telling him to sit is the best call. Keep him away from our other young talent. He’s obviously disgruntled and piecing a lot of things together, he may be an organization cancer. Why let him infect others while impacting someone else’s play time? Let him sit home and eat cheese puffs.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I hope he is in Bridgeport soon.

I understand his being frustrated with the situation, but playing well in Bridgeport, catching another team's interest is his best chance out of the isles organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad