Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Better on the roster than off for both parties.

Who knows what happens but best thing is for him to work his ass off now until the end of the year. What happens next is up to him.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I believe he changed agents and is heading back.

Is this confirmed? Interesting if so.. We all know there has been a maturity problem, and I know nothing of JHS personally but have to think part of the issue has to be those who have been around him.. if it was my kid I would be kicking his ass to grow up and focus on building a career. Someone(s) in his life must have facilitated his attitude. I did not expect him to be any benefit to us going forward so it can't get any worse, if somehow he makes anything of himself either with us or as part of a trade then it is a plus.. If he is a cancer in the room, I don't see anyway they keep him, so I dont see a downside.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Him and Barzal will be lighting it up for years to come . 120 points a year each. Then people here will forget that they hated the kid.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
What with this guy. I know he is a skilled player, but play like pick up hockey. Anything new? remarkably silent in here

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
What with this guy. I know he is a skilled player, but play like pick up hockey. Anything new? remarkably silent in here
At the end of the day, Lou says a team is like an orchestra where everyone has to play together, but JHS wanted to play one of these:

KYs5vEXpFF_5kgEz6-cIc7sNythTqLrnsDI9dh14Gh_UBdd1z9rzqF4yxTb4CoIsMceFCIe61khQ2FQUNlzizTpEb1IueXnPHeUgJuNRQoEaIcjsMAHSyG9airywia1D5-pR4Nxci_2QbM3x6AsrC-Q

Reactions: bigtim1988 and buud

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
If he came back from the KHL after a season or two would he be a UFA or would the Isles have his exclusive rights?

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Pretty sure if a qualifying offer isn't made (I don't see how we make one in any universe) he becomes a UFA
If he is already signed in the KHL and doesn't have an out clause, might as well make a QO to maintain his rights since he can't sign it anyway.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Why on Earth would we want his rights? Cleared waivers, couldn't trade him, couldn't find a spot for him. Just cut ties and put an end to this soap opera already.
It costs nothing but the ink to print the offer and could lead to an asset down the road, even if it is just a late pick.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It costs nothing but the ink to print the offer and could lead to an asset down the road, even if it is just a late pick.
If no one wanted him for free this year when we waived him who is going to want to trade an asset, even a 7th rounder for him in the future?

Cut the cord, don’t QO him. And if I were JHS I wouldn’t sign it and just try to rebuild my career with another organization. Clean break.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
If no one wanted him for free this year when we waived him who is going to want to trade an asset, even a 7th rounder for him in the future?

Cut the cord, don’t QO him. And if I were JHS I wouldn’t sign it and just try to rebuild my career with another organization. Clean break.
Well yeah, the point is he won't sign it, since he wouldn't be able to if he doesn't have an out clause. If he rebuilds his value in Russia then trade his rights for a pick, and if not, then we've lost nothing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well yeah, the point is he won't sign it, since he wouldn't be able to if he doesn't have an out clause. If he rebuilds his value in Russia then trade his rights for a pick, and if not, then we've lost nothing.

I'm with you if that's how it works. I'd retain players' rights for as long as possible if it doesn't count against the contract limit (it shouldn't since he didn't sign). There's no downside other than maybe a bad reputation among players but I don't think Lamoriello has to worry about that.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'm with you if that's how it works. I'd retain players' rights for as long as possible if it doesn't count against the contract limit (it shouldn't since he didn't sign). There's no downside other than maybe a bad reputation among players but I don't think Lamoriello has to worry about that.
Yeah, and even then, I think it'd only have a chance of affecting any GMs reputation if they refused to trade the rights later. But I do agree that either way, Lou's reputation is unlikely to be changed at this point by something like this.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Exactly right about a bad reputation. Why attach a string to Ho-Sang? The appearance would be “look at the Islanders...they haven’t bled that stone dry enough yet?”.

Just wish the kid well and walk away.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
it is a joke what happened to him, most Islander fans were very high on him than the Islanders replaced him with Dal Colle after a 10 game sample size 2 years ago and than Dal Colle has basically shown nothing as far as being a viable NHL player while Ho-Sang definitely provided some skills

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad