Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watoosh21

Jul 15, 2013
Montreal
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 19m
Brendan Shanahan continues to try and encourage Josh Gorges to accept trade to the Maple Leafs. So far, no luck, but still a chance.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If the rumour was true;

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Lupul
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Parenteau

Looks pretty awesome..

Lupul's contract is pretty high risk though...

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
I wouldn't think so. Bergevin is ready to dump Gorges in the waivers. I doubt the Leafs would need to overpay to get him.

Or maybe the return is that good that Bergevin wants to force Gorges into this trade. Accept this trade or you'll might end up where you never want to play.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Exactly.
The return from Toronto has to be significant if MB is forcing Gorges' hand with the possibility of being put on waivers if he doesn't accept.

This whole situation doesn't make sense if Franson is what the Leafs are offering.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah he said he was "deeply disturbed" on ESPN. He's acting like he's Chelios or something. He's a top 5 D. Hahaha.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Grant said it was for an 'upgrade'. Which makes no sense since franson is awful.

My source (not with the club) told me the Habs would like to find a younger "upgrade" for Gorges...his words.

Doesn't mean that the player they were going to get from Toronto was an "upgrade" in everyone's minds...that would be left for everyone to decide later.

Is Garrison an "upgrade"? That's debatable..but they tried to trade for him.

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Exactly.
The return from Toronto has to be significant if MB is forcing Gorges' hand with the possibility of being put on waivers if he doesn't accept.

This whole situation doesn't make sense if Franson is what the Leafs are offering.

If Gorges is put on waivers, then what return do we get?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Exactly.

Or the Canadiens are so desperate to be free of his 3.9m cap hit (for whatever reason) that they're willing to lose him for absolutely nothing instead of being stuck with it.

I have a hunch my scenario is the more likely one.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
OMG here we go, yes hockey players get traded, even ones with NTC Josh!!!

How dare a hockey player speak his mind and shows emotion!

Hockey fans really love it when hockey players are boring right? ''Ya know its hard, but its part of the game. I'm ready for a new challenge and can't wait to see my new teammates. Team X has such great history and fans, I'll love it there.'' - there just imagine Gorges copy pasted that sentence.

Imagine playing on the Habs and getting traded. Gorges is a much greater canadiens fans than any of us here, he bled for that team. Trades happen, he's not the first nor the last, but he's 100% allowed to speak his mind and be honest. I respect that.

Say someone kicks you in the balls, are you going to calmly state that suffering happens, and that you humbly accept your fate knowing people are getting tortured daily? No you'll scream that it hurts as ****.

lou4gehrig said:
Yeah he said he was "deeply disturbed" on ESPN. He's acting like he's Chelios or something. He's a top 5 D. Hahaha.

These guys are people too. His planned future just changed, he has to move his family, make new friends, lose the illusion he had that he was a Habs for life and in other words basically change his whole world. A lot of time the players that are traded are at the end of their contracts or upcoming UFAs. Gorges believed he was safe because he had a long term contract, and a NTC. Thats why he's disturbed, not because he thinks he's better than he his.

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
My source (not with the club) told me the Habs would like to find a younger "upgrade" for Gorges...his words.

Doesn't mean that the player they were going to gt from Toronto was an "upgrade" in everyone's minds...that would be left for everyone to decide later.

Is Garrison an "upgrade"? that's debatable..but they tried to trade for him.

Garrison for Gorges, for me anyways I'd call that an upgrade

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

All you have to do is pay attention to Josh over the years and this is not shocking at all. He is always talking in the media and views himself as bigger than what he really is. I'm glad he will be moved. It disturbed me how so many people wanted him to be the next Captain. No bloody way.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Doesn't mean that the player they were going to gt from Toronto was an "upgrade" in everyone's minds...that would be left for everyone to decide later.

Is Garrison an "upgrade"? that's debatable..but they tried to trade for him.
Not debatable at all.. of course Garrison is an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad