Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yeah if it's Gorges for Franson straight up...no thanks.

Whatever the deal in place is, both teams clearly feel like they're coming out ahead with the way each side is trying to convince Gorges to waive.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Franson was not liked by the coach in Toronto. Perhaps a change of scenery would help him become a better player. We all know Toronto sucks anyway. He does have an interesting overall package even if he hasn't put it all together.

We would end up with two emelins. Third pairing d-men paid like top 4 guys. Not a recipe for success.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I read on an article that the trade was this:

Lupul and Franson for Gorges

I'll try to find the link and post it

Lupul makes no sense at all...he would have negative value.

4 years left at 5.25 mil and injury prone. Plus he is a LW which we don't need.

Can't see the habs touching Lupul with a 20 foot pole.

If Franson is involved, i would want a top pick or prospect coming back.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Yeah if it's Gorges for Franson straight up...no thanks.

Whatever the deal in place is, both teams clearly feel like they're coming out ahead with the way each side is trying to convince Gorges to waive.

Hopefully a 2nd rounder or good prospect coming back as well.

We can only hope..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Apparently it is for Franson and Lupul, read on tsn facebook

That's an awful lot coming back for Gorges.. Lupul being injury prone or not. In that scenario we'd have to move Bourque out and have either Chucky or Lupul playing on the 3rd line..

Unless Lupul has become a RW?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Maybe it's time to not do 1 on 1 deals but kinda package it for something interesting....I would not like a Gorges for Franson despite Franson qualities. I just feel that despite all of that, he's not that good defensively.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The best part of all this is tat Gorges can't be captain anymore. I will sleep good tonight.

A lot of people thought that Gorges could possibly be captain, but in light of recent events I strongly doubt this was ever a real possibility.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If memory serves me right (Visnovsky to NYI), Gorges waiving his NTC would mean the team getting him would have the choice to continue honoring it or not. That might be a significant factor in refusing the trade.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Franson was not liked by the coach in Toronto. Perhaps a change of scenery would help him become a better player. We all know Toronto sucks anyway. He does have an interesting overall package even if he hasn't put it all together.

A lot of Leafs fan feel Carlyle didn't use Franson well at all. Similar to how some of us feel Therrien doesn't know how to use Eller.
He's big, young, physical, and can play on the PP. He's still a RFA and probably wouldn't get a big raise. I wouldn't mind taking a gamble. But I don't think a 1 for 1 swap is fair value for Gorges either.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Dave Stubbs is such a cheerleader... Jesus... The guy's crying all over Twitter...

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m

On top of it all: #Habs Gorges's wife, Maggie, is expecting couple's first child within a week. Business of hockey can be a cruel thing

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Lupul makes no sense at all...he would have negative value.

4 years left at 5.25 mil and injury prone. Plus he is a LW which we don't need.

Can't see the habs touching Lupul with a 20 foot pole.

If Franson is involved, i would want a top pick or prospect coming back.

We ain't going to get a top prospect cause they don't have many and the 2 they have they ain't moving

I get the feeling the Habs are headed in a direction and they simply want to move Gorges, they just want the cap space

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's an awful lot coming back for Gorges.. Lupul being injury prone or not. In that scenario we'd have to move Bourque out and have either Chucky or Lupul playing on the 3rd line..

Unless Lupul has become a RW?

Not even sure anymore if the Habs care or not who plays on which side. Which is a TERRIBLE mistake to not care about that. So let's hope they do.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Only one that makes sense to me is gorges for gardiner. If berg really trades gorges for franson straight up he has a pro scout or two to fire.

Before making such absolute claims, I do believe we ought to see Franson in a different environment than Toronto.

He only played 20min/game, and was on the 2nd PP and he still got 33 pts. He's 6'05 and big dmen like that tend to develop a little later.

He's only 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad