Josh Gorges situation (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Again, I don't base my reasoning on what Dreger said.

Another logic nugget for you to digest :

Do you think if Nonis and the leafs had leaked it that Bergevin would still want to make a deal with the leafs. By all accounts, the leafs are still hopeful and the deal is still on the table. Think about it. There's EVERY reason to think Gorges is the leak.

You say that now but you used Dreger twice in your opening post to get your point across. Logic here states that there's a clear connection between your reasoning and what Dreger said even though you deny that now.

Bergevin would never have to know that Nonis leaked the information and even if he did know maybe in his mind the deal was just too good to let it go anyways. How do we know that this wasn't some joint Nonis-Bergevin operation to get Gorges going and perhaps facilitate the trade because in their minds it(the leak) had a high chance of eventually making Gorges accept the trade? GM's do weird things sometimes (like giving Clarktard an INSANE contract).

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
explore at your own risk.......Some people understand the word No.

There exist no words "no means no" in a contract. You may want to educate yourself on what a No Trade Clause is in a contract. It means the player cannot be traded without his consent.

How else do you obtain that consent than to ask him for it? :shakehead

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You keep thinking that.

You got a guy with a family thinking bout Montreal as a Ufa,he doesn't want to be pressured to go to a city on his no trade list....the no trade list is there for a reason ...because the player feels it doesn't fit period.

AND it wasn't like JG only had 3 teams he wanted to be traded too....it was 15!

Bad pr ...period...very bad optics for potential big name Ufa's coming here....

It didn't stop with Montreal trying,they got Toronto to try also......

You're speaking like they sent thugs to his home to kneecap him.

What happened is common practise in the NHL and hardly sinister or unprofessional.

They just spoke to him in an attempt to change his initial reaction, which as we all saw, was quite emotional.

PricePkPatch*

There exist no words "no means no" in a contract. You may want to educate yourself on what a No Trade Clause is in a contract. It means the player cannot be traded without his consent.

How else do you obtain that consent than to ask him for it? :shakehead

Stop listening to Habarenos. He's got his panties twisted this morning or something, and has been spewing emotional nonesense.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Stop listening to Habarenos. He's got his panties twisted this morning or something, and has been spewing emotional nonesense.

Far from non sense....

I said my beef here is, too many idiots showing disrespect to a guy who doesn't deserve it ..he is on his way out...let it be.

His contract says no Toronto...so of course we got idiots here trying to make him a bad guy for not going.....pathetic bunch .

There's 17 other teams he will go to....find one....

Bob Gainey sucking up to Sundin did jack squat except make Sundin mad,and made sure Leafs got 0 .Sundin also didnt want to leave ,especially to Montreal.....duh.....but lets see if we can force him...worked well...

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You can TOTALLY be upset and hate it. In a way that "Well, it sucks 'cause I love Montreal". But the "What have I done to deserve this" is totally childish and tries to paint Bergevin in the corner and make him look stupid and disrespectful. Which for me makes me question what Bergevin did actually do.
From what I read the guy said: "I want people to know that I never wanted to leave Montreal. In no way has this been my decision."

To me that's more in the vein of 'I love Montreal' than 'what have I done to deserve this.' And for what it's worth the guy has expanded the teams he's willing to be dealt to so it sounds like he's more open to being traded than some have posted here. He knows he's not coming back.

Can't blame him for not wanting to go to Toronto. He put it into his NTC and he's got the right to veto. Can't blame MB for asking either. Seems like everyone's looking for a bad guy in this thread and I don't see one. MB tried to deal him to TO because he got an offer he liked and asked if he'd waive. JG said no. Fair enough, no harm no foul. And now Gorges has expanded the teams we can trade him to...

As far as the leak goes... how knows how or who leaked it? Doesn't matter at this point. He's expanding the teams we can trade him to and that's that.

Besides, it just makes it that much easier for us to trade him for Taylor Hall now.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You say that now but you used Dreger twice in your opening post to get your point across. Logic here states that there's a clear connection between your reasoning and what Dreger said even though you deny that now.

I mentionned Dreger as one more reason why... that's all. Why are you so desperate to make it look as if I drink Dreger's words like he's the next coming ? I have told you 3 times now that I don't hold Dreger in particularly high esteem and what he said isn't the main reason why I think the way that I do. But you seem to want to insist that this is not true... so whatever man. I think we're done here, I don't care about what you think.

Bergevin would never have to know that Nonis leaked the information and even if he did know maybe in his mind the deal was just too good to let it go anyways. How do we know that this wasn't some joint Nonis-Bergevin operation to get Gorges going and perhaps facilitate the trade because in their minds it(the leak) had a high chance of eventually making Gorges accept the trade? GM's do weird things sometimes (like giving Clarktard an INSANE contract).
I prefer the simplest explanation over this convoluted non-sense.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The whole thing would make a lot more sense if the Habs were to trade more than one player in a trade involving Gorges.

That would've explained why Bergevin still try to trade him with a team listing on his NTC.

But apprently, Gorges still hasn't ruled out going to Toronto...not a firm no!

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I mentionned Dreger as one more reason why... that's all. Why are you so desperate to make it look as if I drink Dreger's words like he's the next coming ? I have told you 3 times now that I don't hold Dreger in particularly high esteem and what he said isn't the main reason why I think the way that I do. But you seem to want to insist that this is not true... so whatever man. I think we're done here, I don't care about what you think.

Not desperate I just think it's convenient for you to backtrack now. I don't think your opening post would of had the same punch if you didn't include anything official to backup your anti-Gorges sentiments that you so desperately wanted to share. So go on, keep acting like it doesn't matter at all while the post is there for everyone to see.

I prefer the simplest explanation over this convoluted non-sense.

It's all nonsense because we don't have the facts. That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't care if it was Walsh or not. Epp is going on the same list as him. I hope we don't have any other players represented by Titan Sports Management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad