Josh Gorges situation (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Your boss at your work wants to send you to another company .and you'll work in Harlem or Iraq...don't say no ,or whine about it.

Pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot you'd see the light .

But then, I'M not sure that I'll accept a work that would potentiall send me to those places. If it's a possibility, I would try another field of work. When you accept to play pro hockey, you accept that you can be traded.....during your wedding......or during your wife gives birth to a child....You can't only be accepting the 3 M$ per that comes with it and not accept the "disadvantages"....

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
And like I said, you're willing to dump on a guy that's bled for this team and was a huge part of 2 ECF appearances in 4 years because of your "logic" and Dreger (one which influences the other). Someone that's given as much as Gorges has for this team has at least earned the goodwill that I won't start a witchhunt against his character because the mouthpiece serving the Maple Leafs accused him of leaking this information. And correct me if I'm wrong but if Dreger ended up not telling the truth, I don't believe this would be the first time...

Again, I don't base my reasoning on what Dreger said.

Another logic nugget for you to digest :

Do you think if Nonis and the leafs had leaked it that Bergevin would still want to make a deal with the leafs. By all accounts, the leafs are still hopeful and the deal is still on the table. Think about it. There's EVERY reason to think Gorges is the leak.

It might be where the waivers talks are coming from. BECAUSE MB fully knows that Gorges side leaked it, and they're mad.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Man, you say the dumbest of things today. Record-breaking.

For starters he makes it sound like Harlem is a 3rd world war zone.

Secondly, he makes it sound like Toronto or any city in the NHL for that matter is comparable to Iraq, a country that was recently invaded by the US. :help:

Again, I don't base my reasoning on what Dreger said.

Another logic nugget for you to digest :

Do you think if Nonis and the leafs had leaked it that Bergevin would still want to make a deal with the leafs. By all accounts, the leafs are still hopeful and the deal is still on the table. Think about it. There's EVERY reason to think Gorges is the leak.

Exactly.

The only people who benefit are Gorges and the media. I really don't believe Nonis or Bergy were stupid enough to tell Dreger or Lavoie anything so... The Obvious for 1000 Alex.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I'm thinking Gorges to Colorado for LW Jamie McGuinn, Roy needs a good Dman and the Habs need a LW, if they don't sign Stastny, Galchenyuk then becomes the future #1 and Eller #2. E.Kane not moving apparently.:nod: Sign Dan Boyle for two yrs. and they are set if Iginla inks with the new look Habs, Maturity instantly!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
But then, I'M not sure that I'll accept a work that would potentiall send me to those places. If it's a possibility, I would try another field of work. When you accept to play pro hockey, you accept that you can be traded.....during your wedding......or during your wife gives birth to a child....You can't only be accepting the 3 M$ per that comes with it and not accept the "disadvantages"....
Doesn't mean he can't be upset he's getting traded...

He will go to a new team... but he has a contract that limits the places Bergy can send him.

That's life in the current NHL.

PricePkPatch*

He will go to a new team... but he has a contract that limits the places Bergy can send him.

Off course he can be upset. I mean, that I would 100% understand.

It's more the fact that he will leave Montreal, where he settled, instead than where he's going.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

You can TOTALLY be upset and hate it. In a way that "Well, it sucks 'cause I love Montreal". But the "What have I done to deserve this" is totally childish and tries to paint Bergevin in the corner and make him look stupid and disrespectful. Which for me makes me question what Bergevin did actually do.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Harlem is a perfectly nice place to live buddy. If my boss at work wanted to circumvent my contract and asked me if I'd be willing to transfer to Iraq I'd refuse, I wouldn't cry about it. If it were Harlem I'd consider it. Obviously it depends on the situation, but I would have a contract and not have any reason to cry, I can assure you that.

Josh has a contract saying no Toronto.....so NO means no....

As i said ,he gave 15 other teams,Half the NHL of teams he would be willing to go......find a partner in those 15,and this thread wouldn't even exist....but no gotta try to break a contract agreement ...and you end up with bad press.

A contractual agreement is that....No Toronto means no Toronto

Biere wanted out...Josh didnt .......why does Josh need to bend over for Habs with Leafs and go to a place he prefer not to.....?

If Josh wanted out of Montreal, maybe different story....

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
But at that point he would have already known about the deal to Toronto.. What is bergevin supposed to do.. Go give gorges a handy? Sorry buddy.. Tried to trade you at the draft you didn't waive but we are still trying to trade you..

Gorges is a professional athlete if he doesn't like the way it goes.. He can retire.

Marc could have told TO. I need to talk to my player. You're on his no trade list. Can it wait till Monday. If it couldn't then he makes a phone call. Talks to Gorges. It's not the best way but it's head and shoulders over the dumb way he went about it.

durojean

May 29, 2007
I agree with you. I wonder what Gorges end game was on this. Leak the news, scuttle the trade, live happily ever after in Montreal? Not even he could be so naïve as to think that could happen.

Now he's messed with Bergevin's plans, Bergevin knows he's lost the loyalty of the player, it's going to be a quickie divorce in my estimation.

Pretty sure Gorges want to be waived. He's the one attacking the Habs organisation. And he himself brought up the idea that theHabs should waive him so he could role the dice.

My idea : he wants revenge for being traded so he tried to make his value go down so the Habs get nothing for him.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

No you don't have to accept anything when your contract says you can't be traded there.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

As i said ,he gave 15 other teams,Half the NHL of teams he would be willing to go......find a partner in those 15,and this thread wouldn't even exist....but no gotta try to break a contract agreement ...and you end up with bad press.

Ridiculous. If there's an opportunity for the team and the player the GM has to explore it - with full confidence that the confidentiality of the discussion is going to be maintained.

Gorges (or his agent) turned this into a cluster****.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Marc could have told TO. I need to talk to my player. You're on his no trade list. Can it wait till Monday. If it couldn't then he makes a phone call. Talks to Gorges. It's not the best way but it's head and shoulders over the dumb way he went about it.

Maybe the trade at the time included draft picks at the draft.. You don't know so you can't say that he should have done that

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
No you don't have to accept anything when your contract says you can't be traded there.

True. But there's also no rules that says that your GM cannot ask you if you'd reconsider your list. As a matter of fact.....Gorges DID reconsider the list as he added 2 canadian teams.

PricePkPatch*

You DO say the stupidest of things today.

Bergevin is not "breaking any contract agreement", he's asking to waive a clause, for hell's sake.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal

:laugh: Oh man you must not know very many lawyers. Contracts are always circumvented, waived, etc. The sooner you understand Bergevin is doing his job and has every right to do what he's done, the sooner you realize Gorges is acting like an unprofessional child and you stop repeating the exact same thing instead of responding to the actual points people keeping making. :help: :shakehead

You DO say the stupidest of things today.

Bergevin is not "breaking any contract agreement", he's asking to waive a clause, for hell's sake.

Give up man, we all tried to get through to him. Truth is he doesn't want to listen so why bother trying to explain it to him. He's entitled to believe anything he wants even if he's wrong.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I hope Bergevin's skin tag remover doesn't overlook Bouillon now that Murray is gone and Gorges may be, too. (I hope Bergevin hasn't compromised himself by letting it be known that Gorges must leave).

PricePkPatch*

You do not. that is 100% true.

Gorges is not doing anything wrong by refusing the deal. BUT he is refusing to make the Habs a favor. Which is understandable.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
2 less smurfs!

854809066.gif

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Maybe the trade at the time included draft picks at the draft.. You don't know so you can't say that he should have done that

A phone call takes a few secs to dial and at most 15-20 minutes to make. It would have been quicker for bergevin to make the call to Gorges than for him to call the agent and then have the agent talk to Gorges and then wait for the agent to get back to him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
You can TOTALLY be upset and hate it. In a way that "Well, it sucks 'cause I love Montreal". But the "What have I done to deserve this" is totally childish and tries to paint Bergevin in the corner and make him look stupid and disrespectful. Which for me makes me question what Bergevin did actually do.

Stop trying to look for something that's not there. MB didn't do anything wrong here. Our good friend Josh certainly trying hard to paint MB as the bad guy but all MB did was negotiate with the leafs, come to a deal, then ask Gorges via his agent if he was cool with it. Obviously he was not.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Ridiculous. If there's an opportunity for the team and the player the GM has to explore it - with full confidence that the confidentiality of the discussion is going to be maintained.

Gorges (or his agent) turned this into a cluster****.

explore at your own risk.......Some people understand the word No.

You seen the BLOW BACK with Sundin ,when approached to go to Montreal...

Too many here with short memory .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad