Josh Gorges situation (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Last thread was closed and IS most definitely still news IMO.

Answering Fozz from last thread :
Pretty harsh comments about someone you've never met.

How is having met him or not relevant here? I've never met Hitler either and I don't think you'd take offense if I said something negative about him.

Is this based on fact? If not, then it's completely uncalled for and pathetic.

Dreger says it's neither Shanahan nor Bergevin who leaked it.

They both have no incentive to do this. They both look bad in the process. None of them would destroy their own reputation over a **** player like Gorges.

On top of that, we only know the return from the Montreal side. Gorges likely isn't aware of who he would have been traded for. It makes sense that it would be Gorges side who leaked it.

But if Dreger and logic aren't enough for you.

I've followed this situation from the start and it was just another rumor heading into UFA period UNTIL Gorges went crying to Stubbs and gave him some official quotes. Until he did that, it was just rumors. So at best, even if he didn't officially leak it, the tears he spilled on Stubbs shoulder basically confirmed the rumors and turned this whole thing into a circus

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I feel like we're getting a **** return now because of all this crap

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Happy, not so happy he's vengeful little ****, and went out his way to cry to BOTH the english media and french media, just to make sure he cripples any possibility of something positive to come out of him gone from the habs.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dreger's only connections are to the Leafs. If he said they didn't leak it. They didn't leak it.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
They should really just waive Gorges so Buffalo picks him and he gets stuck in a **** city with a **** team where he will likely get sent down before the end of his deal.

What an idiotic moron. Go cry some more on Stubbs' shoulder Gorges. I don't think Lafleur made as big a deal when he left the habs.

C'mon, man. You usually post intelligent remarks but this is close to [pick your own derogative adjective].

Gorges is and has been a more than decent d-man. You may not like him because he has absolutely no offensive upside but as an overall d-man he is a decent # 4 even at his cap hit. Let's see what gem:sarcasm: Bergevin replaces him with.

You guys are claiming it's only business that Bergevin would up and trade one of our most loyal and dedicated players. His job is to make the team better. Okay, I buy that, but then again it's only business that Gorges is playing his partial no-trade list. He obviously is looking out for his better interest just like Bergevin.

And as for Bergevin, I've been a big supporter but with this Gorges' fiasco, his image has tarnished in my eyes. You know Gorges has a limited trade clause and you know what type of player he is and you turn around & send his agent to ask for a release. What a ^&*%ing tool. An absolute idiot move. Man, that shows me a huge lack of people skills or a blatant disregard of other people on Bergevin's part. Maybe because he was traded to practically every team in the league, Marc has been desensitized to that aspect of the game but all the same he screwed up big time.

If this trade with T.O. is all that great, Marc should have called up Gorges and told him: We value you. You are a great asset to this team and I didn't shop you but my job is to improve the Habs and T.O. have twisted my arm and given me an offer I can't refuse. What can I do to have you accept this trade.

Or something along those lines. It would have hurt Gorges but you're showing him respect and it would have been difficult for Gorges to react the way he eventually did.

But Bergevin screwed up on this and screwed up really bad. It was a stupid and dumb move..

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
ha....to the JG hatin crowd,get ready for the OMG Subban got what thread....You'll understand then.

Go ask Hawks fans about losing players because of cap issues.

Josh signed a 6 yr deal with a NTC to Leafs......why try to pressure him to go to Leafs? What good is a NTC then?Put yourself in his shoes...You employer when hired asks you if you was to be transferred name 5 place you'd will not go...You say i will never go to Russia..They sign an agreement to never send you to Russia..then 2 yrs later you employer is saying we want you to go work in Russia...No different,he is a human being that has to look out for he and his family..

He has always shown class as a Habs ....show some back .

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Well, thank-you Gorges for being loyal and having your heart with the Habs, especially if we were going to be stuck with Lupul coming back. We don't need to help the Leafs like that!

PricePkPatch*

MY OVERALL SENTIMENT:

- I disagree with the people who say "GTFO". Gorges has been a good player for us, and has given his best for a while.
- I disagree with people who claim "BERGEVIN IS MADZ TO TRADE GREAT KARACTER GAY!!". Gorges may simply no longer fit our lineup for what he's paid. It's possible they feel they can do better, or do the same cheaper.
- I disagree with people calling out Gorges for enforcing his NTC. He's got one damnit; it's his right for using it, period. Nothing immoral, unethical or wrong about it. Doesn't make him a lesser person.
- I disagree with person calling out Bergevin for asking Gorgy to waive his NTC. MB is trying to do what's best for his club.

Basically, no one is in the wrong. It's a bunch of essentially good people trying to do what they feel is best, and these agenda conflict. Period. I'll still have lots of respect for Gorges after this whole ordeal. I am not crying about his departure.

And I suspect my opinion is probably shared by the greater majority. It's just that I felt like voicing it, seeing the amount of people doing hilariously ridiculous overreaction at the situation, and there seemed to be some sort of line where you had to be 100% on Gorges' side or 100% about calling him a heartless *******. Both opinions being wrong.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gorges knows the business side and his whining from a 8 year vet is disgusting. Time to take out the trash.
I have always been a big fan, stated so on the site over the past few days but that article yesterday changed my mind.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Dreger's only connections are to the Leafs. If he said they didn't leak it. They didn't leak it.

But it could very well be that that's the image the Leafs want portrayed of themselves out there in the media. We don't know for sure and to start dumping on a guy who has been a warrior and bled bleu-blanc-rouge because of a tool like Dreger is pretty lame.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Last thread was closed and IS most definitely still news IMO.

Answering Fozz from last thread :

How is having met him or not relevant here? I've never met Hitler either and I don't think you'd take offense if I said something negative about him.

Dreger says it's neither Shanahan nor Bergevin who leaked it.

They both have no incentive to do this. They both look bad in the process. None of them would destroy their own reputation over a **** player like Gorges.

On top of that, we only know the return from the Montreal side. Gorges likely isn't aware of who he would have been traded for. It makes sense that it would be Gorges side who leaked it.

But if Dreger and logic aren't enough for you.

I've followed this situation from the start and it was just another rumor heading into UFA period UNTIL Gorges went crying to Stubbs and gave him some official quotes. Until he did that, it was just rumors. So at best, even if he didn't officially leak it, the tears he spilled on Stubbs shoulder basically confirmed the rumors and turned this whole thing into a circus

The leak initially came out of Toronto I can almost guarantee it. Nothing never leak out of the Habs organization it still the tightess ship in the league. Somebody in the Leafs org probably did not like the trade and stabbed his boss in the back by blabbing in the right ear. That why we only get one side of the trade. And by the way if am in Bergevin shoes I tell Shanahan to clean his house before calling for a trade talk again.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
C'mon, man. You usually post intelligent remarks but this is close to [pick your own derogative adjective].

If this trade with T.O. is all that great, Marc should have called up Gorges and told him: We value you. You are a great asset to this team and I didn't shop you but my job is to improve the Habs and T.O. have twisted my arm and given me an offer I can't refuse. What can I do to have you accept this trade.

Maybe he did this who the **** knows. I refuse to believe every damn thing said in the media. Things could get misunderstood pretty damn easily ; like how Bergevin threatened to waive Gorges. It's stupid.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If he says they leaked it, he loses his only source. Dave Nonis.

You think a NHL GM would ruin his reputation on a deal like Gorges for whatever ? Every other NHL GM would know that there's a strong possibility for leaks in any trade discussion with that GM. They wouldn't do it. Plus, Toronto looks bad here with Gorges refusing to go play there. All of this so the habs don't get a big return for Gorges ? Newsflash.. Gorges isn't some HUGELY coveted asset with a good contract that was gonna land us an important player. It seems like an awfully huge risk to take for the leafs for very little gain.

No, the simplest explanation is that Gorges, being the idiot that he is, leaked it.

The leak initially came out of Toronto I can almost guarantee it. Nothing never leak out of the Habs organization it still the tightess ship in the league. Somebody in the Leafs org probably did not like the trade and stabbed his boss in the back by blabbing in the right ear. That why we only get one side of the trade. And by the way if am in Bergevin shoes I tell Shanahan to clean his house before calling for a trade talk again.

Tell me what the advantage is for Toronto to do this. They look bad too. Seems like the advantage is extremely minimal compared to the downside of ruining his reputation as a GM who leaks his dealings with other GMs.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
MY OVERALL SENTIMENT:

- I disagree with the people who say "GTFO". Gorges has been a good player for us, and has given his best for a while.
- I disagree with people who claim "BERGEVIN IS MADZ TO TRADE GREAT KARACTER GAY!!". Gorges may simply no longer fit our lineup for what he's paid. It's possible they feel they can do better, or do the same cheaper.
- I disagree with people calling out Gorges for enforcing his NTC. He's got one damnit; it's his right for using it, period. Nothing immoral, unethical or wrong about it. Doesn't make him a lesser person.
- I disagree with person calling out Bergevin for asking Gorgy to waive his NTC. MB is trying to do what's best for his club.

Basically, no one is in the wrong. It's a bunch of essentially good people trying to do what they feel is best, and these agenda conflict. Period. I'll still have lots of respect for Gorges after this whole ordeal. I am not crying about his departure.

And I suspect my opinion is probably shared by the greater majority. It's just that I felt like voicing it, seeing the amount of people doing hilariously ridiculous overreaction at the situation, and there seemed to be some sort of line where you had to be 100% on Gorges' side or 100% about calling him a heartless *******. Both opinions being wrong.

That rumor was shut down ages ago :sarcasm:

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
A lot of people says that Gorges shouldn't complain since it's business. It was all business when he got his NTC and he has every right to use it, business decisions from both side...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hope that Bergevin comes out and DO say how furious he is that it got out. Anything else would be seen as if he's the one responsible.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I don't honestly believe that Bergevin went shopping Gorges around at all. In all likelihood, Nonis called up Bergy and said "I want Gorges, here's what I would give for him."

To me it makes sense since we know TO is looking for defensive defenseman (they just went out and got Polak, and they quite clearly need more since their only three playable dmen aren't all that reliable defensively).

Bergs probably went to Gorges after the fact and went "Dude, this trade is all kinds of amazing for our team. Pleeeeeeeeeeease waive please please please?"

And yeah, he probably said it exactly like that too.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
A lot of people says that Gorges shouldn't complain since it's business. It was all business when he got his NTC and he has every right to use it, business decisions from both side...

You are right

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Everything points out that it's Gardiner coming back. I'd take a 23 years old offensive d-man who has played in the league for three years.

PricePkPatch*

I don't honestly believe that Bergevin went shopping Gorges around at all. In all likelihood, Nonis called up Bergy and said"I wasn't Gorges, here's what I would give for him."

To me it makes sense since we know TO is looking for defensive defenseman (they just went out and got Polak, and they quite clearly need more since their only three playable dmen aren't all that reliable defensively).

Bergs probably went to Gorges after the fact and went "Dude, this trade is all kinds of amazing for our team. Pleeeeeeeeeeease waive please please please?"

And yeah, he probably said it exactly like that too.

More like he contacted the agent and went:

"We've just received a great proposal for your guy, but it's with a team that's on his no-trade list (Toronto). That sort of move would be really great for our team, could you check with him if he'd be willing to waive his NTC?"

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

It's not business to leak things to the media and cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad