Josh Gorges situation (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
From what I read the guy said: "I want people to know that I never wanted to leave Montreal. In no way has this been my decision."

To me that's more in the vein of 'I love Montreal' than 'what have I done to deserve this.' And for what it's worth the guy has expanded the teams he's willing to be dealt to so it sounds like he's more open to being traded than some have posted here. He knows he's not coming back.

Can't blame him for not wanting to go to Toronto. He put it into his NTC and he's got the right to veto. Can't blame MB for asking either. Seems like everyone's looking for a bad guy in this thread and I don't see one. MB tried to deal him to TO because he got an offer he liked and asked if he'd waive. JG said no. Fair enough, no harm no foul. And now Gorges has expanded the teams we can trade him to...

As far as the leak goes... how knows how or who leaked it? Doesn't matter at this point. He's expanding the teams we can trade him to and that's that.

Besides, it just makes it that much easier for us to trade him for Taylor Hall now.

Good post. There are no villains here. Gorges will be missed and hopefully his replacement will more than fill his skates.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
SO potentially Briere, Bouillon, Gionta, and Weaver out and replaced? Looks like we're getting bigger.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
SO potentially Briere, Bouillon, Gionta, and Weaver out and replaced? Looks like we're getting bigger.

if you add a Gorges trade Habs might get 4 BIGGER players with all 4 new guys at forward

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 18s
Was watching to see if MON put Gorges on waivers -- did not. Three D from yesterday cleared.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
A phone call takes a few secs to dial and at most 15-20 minutes to make. It would have been quicker for bergevin to make the call to Gorges than for him to call the agent and then have the agent talk to Gorges and then wait for the agent to get back to him.

True it would be quicker, but that's not the way it's done. The GM communicates with the players agent, not with the player directly.

Hopefully he gets dealt today and hopefully it's a nice return.

We shall see..

You're always a breath of fresh air HF18. :)

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Not saying whether Josh should stay or go, but anyone basing their opinion on Dreger's lies is delusional. Dude is paid to make stuff up.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
They won't waive him yet.. But it could happen before the season if no trade option is found

Yes there's no rush or reason to waive him now, even if we signed a UFA teams are allowed to go over the cap during the offseason right?

Also all the attention Gorges garnered with the Toronto snub may increase his value among other teams who knows.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
I really don't want to see Georges go. He is one of the beer shot blockers in the league and he plays a solid defensive game.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
They just re-signed him and I bet Gorges' value right now isn't more than a 5th round pick.

The NJD's signed him to a 1 year two way deal, not what teams normally do with guys that were considered to be in the running for #1 OV in 2011. Larsson is talented, but it's looking more and more like they ruined him by bringing him into the NHL at 18, to me. The change of teams may be a saving grace for a very good player before NJD's ruin his career. NJD's will probably lose Fayne RD in UFA market and Gorges plays their type of defence to a Tee, and he can play either side as he did with Hal Gill. Could be a good trade, scouts would know better.

Larsson's game, every time I've seen him is still very good, his positioning needs work, all things that can be taught, but his passing and skating are #1. Dudley our Asst.GM does scout the pro players, I hope they are checking him out, I could be wrong, but with proper developing, a little patience and he could easily be a 2nd pairing minimum.

Adam's 6'3" & 205 lbs. with great skating and passing, Lefebrve could help his defensive side as he has Beaulieu's defensive game, all I see is a win/win for the Habs and NJD's in a trade like this.:nod:

PricePkPatch*

Yes there's no rush or reason to waive him now, even if we signed a UFA teams are allowed to go over the cap during the offseason right?

Also all the attention Gorges garnered with the Toronto snub may increase his value among other teams who knows

Toronto's interest in a guy for his "character" is the kiss of death, buddy.

Who wants Clarksson nowaday?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They won't waive him yet.. But it could happen before the season if no trade option is found

Or it couldn't and the interest could die out due UFA being signed. Ex: Pittsburgh was rumored to be interested in Gorges. They just signed Ehrhoff, that's 1 less team. This is a dangerous game imho.

Bergevin needs to make his statement soon, either keep him and lick the wounds or don't keep him.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Huh, wow. I'm kinda saddened to lose a guy who gave so much for his team. Feel bad for the guy, but it clears up money.

Let's see what we get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1