Confirmed with Link: Josh Archibald 1 year $900k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I could see is Archibald coming in and being a Tanev clone. Hustles each shift, throws some good hits, agitates opponents, kills penalties and chips in with a little bit of offense; for a fraction of the price. Wouldn't mind seeing it. I still kinda miss Tanev.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I could see is Archibald coming in and being a Tanev clone. Hustles each shift, throws some good hits, agitates opponents, kills penalties and chips in with a little bit of offense; for a fraction of the price. Wouldn't mind seeing it. I still kinda miss Tanev.
I think he’s a poor man’s Tanev- I think by year’s end we won’t have much of a complaint but he wasn’t an every day player in Edmonton despite their shitty bottom 6 and I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the same here. He’ll play most games but won’t be indispensable and if the lineup needs a shakeup he’ll sit. Like Sceviour in his role but unlike Sceviour you will sometimes notice him.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think he’s a poor man’s Tanev- I think by year’s end we won’t have much of a complaint but he wasn’t an every day player in Edmonton despite their shitty bottom 6 and I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the same here. He’ll play most games but won’t be indispensable and if the lineup needs a shakeup he’ll sit. Like Sceviour in his role but unlike Sceviour you will sometimes notice him.

I'd say a VERY poor man's Tanev

Reactions: BillPrep

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Calling Archibald a poor man's Tanev is pretty much spot on IMO. Archibald was a very effective 4th liner while in Arizona and Edmonton up until his last year, where he was dealing with health issues. If he can get back to where he was at in 2018-2020, he'd be a very nice piece to have on the 4th line. He'd be Tanev-lite but you're actually paying him a reasonable amount, instead of paying him like $3 million a year.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
DOC and Zohorna are both one way deals this year. I hope he is just 13th - 14th forward depth.

Edmonton fans seem happy hes gone.
He's a bit of a water-bug / puck hog style player. He can bring energy into the game, but yeah given the overall picture the last couple years in terms of his relative value to the Oilers... I'm mostly ambivalent.
Kailer Yamamoto is a younger and much better version of this guy.

He's 29, regressing, injury prone, got 1 A & -5 in 3 rounds of 2022 playoffs, and likely washed.

• Wow
Reactions: HandshakeLine

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Archibald may well be washed, but I'd hold off on making definitive judgments on a player who had as many x-factors as Archibald last year. Not a bad player for this team to take a flier on at that price.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Archibald may well be washed, but I'd hold off on making definitive judgments on a player who had as many x-factors as Archibald last year. Not a bad player for this team to take a flier on at that price.
Honestly, I don't care if he's washed, but if he takes out Ovechkins knee with his face, I'll move him out of the "Bobby Farnham" category and into the "Kind of Colby Armstrong-Lite" category.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Honestly, I don't care if he's washed, but if he takes out Ovechkins knee with his face, I'll move him out of the "Bobby Farnham" category and into the "Kind of Colby Armstrong-Lite" category.

I was a member of the Farnham Fan Club
Looking back I wonder if I enjoyed him so much just because he was the only fun thing in the Mike Johnston era....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad