Confirmed with Link: Josh Archibald 1 year $900k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I guess we should have signed Palat or Trocheck for the 4th line

I hate to break it to you guys but you do need depth and 3/4th liners. Sure we could call up one of our studs from WBS b/c there are a ton down there. I guess we could have signed Simon or ZAR again.

I'm not thrilled with the signing but some people will complain just to complain

How about not signing someone 5'9", 170lbs for a 4th line? I"m sure opposing Dmen are quaking at the thought of this guy barreling at them

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
The second clip is funny bc at the time of the hit the score is 0-0, but when they show the replay of the hit, the score is 1-0 LA

Edit: and Minn scores on the other clip. Game changing hits! (For the opposing team)

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I really dislike Archibald for non-hockey reasons, but he's the type of player that is helpful to have as your 13th forward.

He plays the same way every night. So if you scratch him for two weeks, it won't affect his game.

He's a security blanket if DOC/Zohorna fall short. And if other guys like Puustinen/Nylander surge forward and deserve NHL time, Archibald can be buried in the AHL.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not saying he's worse than Archibald necessarily, but Sanford is super lazy and disappears for long stretches.

Not exactly an attribute you want from a 4th line "lunch pail" kind of guy. If he could stay consistently motivated he would've been a lot more expensive.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I guess we should have signed Palat or Trocheck for the 4th line

I hate to break it to you guys but you do need depth and 3/4th liners. Sure we could call up one of our studs from WBS b/c there are a ton down there. I guess we could have signed Simon or ZAR again.

I'm not thrilled with the signing but some people will complain just to complain

The reality is we need players at this price to fill out the roster. There is a reason they cost under 1k.

Now since Hextall and Burke got here they wanted physicality and they get it here.

I'm hoping the Larrsson deal works out because he can replace Boyle as 4C.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
The reality is we need players at this price to fill out the roster. There is a reason they cost under 1k.

Now since Hextall and Burke got here they wanted physicality and they get it here.

Possibly adds some grit that we don't have and we aren't looking for him to be a big impact player outside of his game. Not a bad thing to see on the bottom 6

We can argue if he was the right guy to bring in to do that or not but it's really not a big deal imo

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Honestly, I don't care who plays 4C as long as it's not Boyle.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yeah, I'm all in favor of adding some grit and meanness. I want a facepuncher or an agitator, and I don't think Archibald really fits that niche.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
4a26911abc0eece7b3127342a0f4447b.jpg

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Ah yes, the old HF boards circle jerk talking point of 'size = goon'.
I think some of the clips speak for themselves what Archibald brings if/when he is in the line-up.

Doesn't hurt to have some of that sandpaper IDC if he's 5'9 or 6'3

1 person doesn't make a circle buddy

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I remember college stat watching and a bunch of us here thought Archibald was going to be the best NHLer of he, Rust, and Wilson.
I was in that camp, I felt bad when he left, i always thought he was not getting a good chance, lost the track of him after he left...I am curious to see what kind of a player he developed into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad