Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal [June 29: signed 2-year contract, $1.75m each year per media]

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
Wasn't the points as much as the balls to go to the net unlike some others on this team. Played fast and wasn't chicken **** to go to the dirty areas.
Excellent point. He does go into the dirty areas. He needs to be able to limit his exposure of getting hurt along the boards. Would have no problem for two years 3 million per. We have the cap space. This is a bargain signing based on potential here.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Good signing. It's going to be nice to see if he was a flash in the pan or if he can actually stay on the top lines and produce. Solid term and a solid cap hit. If he stinks, we are only on the hook for a minimum salary.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Raffl should have value, I'm sure you can get a 3rd/4th

2.35 mil cap hit for two more seasons? If Hextall can unload him for anything at this point; than its a steal. But he has fleeced people before...after the Rinaldo deal. I am convinced that some GM's are just ripe to be picked.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Every time I've heard Hakstol talk about Weal he brings up Weal's competitiveness and willingness to go to those areas. He definitely impressed Hakstol and you get the feeling Hakstol wants to see more of that throughout the lineup.

NHL XM radio mentioned that Hakstol was at the draft and couldn't stop talking about Weal. Some thought that it was so much to the point that it put pressure on Hextall to sign him. I am neutral to this move. I am glad its for two years and not a 4 year deal like with Weise and Raffl. But be prepared to see this kid in the top 6 and getting PP time early in year. Hakstol loves him.... But he might be a better coach's pet than Vandevelde.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Raffl was terrible last year and is coming off a late season injury....odd? No, it proves they have cable.

He's been a good player on a down year, Vegas thinking PEB is anything relatively useful proves that NHL GMs are still dumb.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I like the deal. Seems like our forwards are set for now. I guess everything will be clearer after training camp who will play where.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No, he wasn't.

We already went over this.

His game fell off a cliff after the 10 game win streak. I don't have the numbers on his stats for him after that because I am lazy, but just going off of memory, he provided 0 production than had the injury.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
His game fell off a cliff after the 10 game win streak. I don't have the numbers on his stats for him after that because I am lazy, but just going off of memory, he provided 0 production than had the injury.

2 points in his last 24 games, during those two months from hell to start 2017. He didn't play in March or April because of injury.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...r=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

But the whole team was awful at that time, so I'm not going to use that to judge his whole year and what he can do next year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Look at it this way....we still have a roster player from the JVR deal now.

:laugh:

And LSchenn+Vinny for Weal and Twarynski

So at least we have something...or a chance at something.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Look at it this way....we still have a roster player from the JVR deal now.

:laugh:

And LSchenn+Vinny for Weal and Twarynski

So at least we have something...or a chance at something.

How amazing would it be if Weal outscores JVR this season? :laugh:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
How amazing would it be if Weal outscores JVR this season? :laugh:

i was just thinking that too. unlikely, but you never know. if Weal plays with Giroux and Voracek all season and JVR regresses there could be a slim chance.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
No, he wasn't.

We already went over this.

11 points in 52 games and demoted from the top 6.... He had a down year last year. You cant deny that Worst season of his career..... as you say: that is a fact not an opinion. We will see how he plays next season.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
11 points in 52 games and demoted from the top 6.... He had a down year last year. You cant deny that Worst season of his career..... as you say: that is a fact not an opinion. We will see how he plays next season.

Tough year, but no reason to think it continues into next year, so long as he's healthy.

Only problem is that there's so many bottom 6 players now... not sure where he can fit. I'd prefer him over a few, but we'll have to see.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
2 points in his last 24 games, during those two months from hell to start 2017. He didn't play in March or April because of injury.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...r=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

But the whole team was awful at that time, so I'm not going to use that to judge his whole year and what he can do next year.

Actually it was 2 points in his last 26 games. (no points in his the last 22 games he played) 3 pts. in his last 33 games. Never had more than 1 point in a game during the whole season. Only had 5 games with more than 2 shots on goal. It was a bad season....maybe the competition at forward gets him back to going to the net and back to being a 13-16 goal player. Its up to him. But last year was bad.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Tough year, but no reason to think it continues into next year, so long as he's healthy.

Only problem is that there's so many bottom 6 players now... not sure where he can fit. I'd prefer him over a few, but we'll have to see.

Striiker, I agree. We go from VDV and Bellemare playing all the time to Michael Raffl fighting for minutes. That's an improvement and better place to be.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Striiker, I agree. We go from VDV and Bellemare playing all the time to Michael Raffl fighting for minutes. That's an improvement and better place to be.

Yeah, it's a massive improvement.

Being free of Bellemare and Vandevelde is huge and the guys replacing them are clear improvements. Even if Lehtera is overpaid, on ice he's a step above what we had last year. Same will all the other options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad