Confirmed with Link: Jordan Weal [June 29: signed 2-year contract, $1.75m each year per media]

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Some players might have to be moved if the roster gets shook up from up coming young players. Keep that in mind. If Lindblom is better than a current roster player in our top 9 why would they bury him? It wouldn't surprise me to see Filppula traded. Hexy would probably have to retain some salary but there is some value there with him only having one year left on his deal. He is still a decent player. Somebody is going to get moved. We will just have to see how training camp shakes out.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Factoring in ice size difference and his getting accustom to it enough to be comfortable with him in all NHL Game situations... I can understand the reasoning for keeping him on the Farm a while.

There are some European players to which that would apply, but the strength of Lindblom's game is along the boards and in front of the net, in other words, he already plays a NA style game. It shouldn't take very long for him to adjust - as seen when he spent a couple weeks in the AHL last year.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
There are some European players to which that would apply, but the strength of Lindblom's game is along the boards and in front of the net, in other words, he already plays a NA style game. It shouldn't take very long for him to adjust - as seen when he spent a couple weeks in the AHL last year.

He was close to PPG in the ahl. Small sample size but like you say his game should translate. I really expect him to make the team. Somebody has to get moved in order to give him the minutes he needs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Some players might have to be moved if the roster gets shook up from up coming young players. Keep that in mind. If Lindblom is better than a current roster player in our top 9 why would they bury him? It wouldn't surprise me to see Filppula traded. Hexy would probably have to retain some salary but there is some value there with him only having one year left on his deal. He is still a decent player. Somebody is going to get moved. We will just have to see how training camp shakes out.

Flip has an NTC and a NMC so it's easier to move another guy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Factoring in ice size difference and his getting accustom to it enough to be comfortable with him in all NHL Game situations... I can understand the reasoning for keeping him on the Farm a while.

He is ready. The ice size won't matter. It's not like he is a player who goes end to end thru guys on the bigger ice and be needs to learn how to work on a smaller rink.

I know it was a small sample size, but he had 6 points in 7 games in the AHL a year ago. And he has only gotten better from that day.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota

He is ready. The ice size won't matter. It's not like he is a player who goes end to end thru guys on the bigger ice and be needs to learn how to work on a smaller rink.

I know it was a small sample size, but he had 6 points in 7 games in the AHL a year ago. And he has only gotten better from that day.

Yes, he does have that time with the Phantoms under his belt... and he does have Training Camp and the PreSeason Games to gauge if he is ready... and his playing style to consider... So if Hak and Hexy & Co. are comfortable with his NA Game, than why not?, there is no reason... It was just a possible concern that could make a brief AHL stint a fair option... But it's not like he was coming directly from Europe... and that is what Camp is for.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Flip has an NTC and a NMC so it's easier to move another guy.

Not to mention they really like him and targeted him. Hextall said he's had his eye on him for a while. They don't have to trade him, so I doubt they will. Maybe not even at the deadline. Flip wasn't a cap dump like Lehtera.....well from the Flyers perspective anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad