Player Discussion Jordan Harris part 2

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
did you really compare Markov and Harris ?
I think he was trying to compare their style of play relative to Souray/Struble but it doesn't work even conceptually because . . . yeah, Harris won;t be 1/10 of the player that Markov was.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I see Harris as good 7th defenseman who can play either side. Low contract. Should improve to 5th someday. He gives us depth in case of injuries or trades
think Harris would be an incredible 7th D. Long term, I think Hughes will hang on to him as a 7thD until someone makes an offer he can't refuse, or Harris requests a trade.

I'm not sure how good Harris will be in his prime. I'd like to see him bulk up. If he were to get a lot thicker, I think he could be a top 4 dman.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming Chariot, Petry, Wideman, Kulak traded at the tdl, I could see us using these pairings for the rest of the season:

Romanov - Savard
Harris - Clague
Schueneman - Niku

This old post from pre 2022 TDL really shows how Harris, Xhekaj, Guhle and Barron were able to come in and pkay a lot last year.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
think Harris would be an incredible 7th D. Long term, I think Hughes will hang on to him as a 7thD until someone makes an offer he can't refuse, or Harris requests a trade.

I'm not sure how good Harris will be in his prime. I'd like to see him bulk up. If he were to get a lot thicker, I think he could be a top 4 dman.
He’s good enough to be top 4 now. These takes are brutal. lol

Reactions: mdk

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

He has bulked up quite a bit as was recognized by media and teammates this past summer. He is pretty strong for his size and holds his own in puck battles. He will continue to get stronger and is a great skater who has a decent chance to be a 2nd pairing dman at some point in his career. This organization is absolutely loaded with young, talented Dmen so this may not be where he does it and I don't see him being happy at all with being pigeon holed as a 7th dman if that indeed becomes the case. Hughes won't want to bury him and will trade him before that ever becomes the case.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

ChuckDemersNorris

Feb 11, 2024
for real this babyface deserve is own thread ? I will swap him for chantal macabe any day off the week calling a win. Jordan harris = no guts , no flavor , boring and honnestly i can feel is leadership from l'ile des soeurs dammmm.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wrote that before Xhekaj came back from Laval, but my point was more about Xhekaj being meh than Harris been wow... I still think Harris is undervalued but I didn't think any of our defense prospect is a sure 1st pairing d, let alone at Markov level.

Harris is slick and smooth. But I still need to see more of him to be sure he'll be good defensively given his limited physicality and size. Size also helps to clog up lanes with one's reach.

I really want to see how good he'll be at 25. But I also want to see how good Matheson, Xhekaj, Struble, Hutson, Engstrom, and Trudeau will be in 3 years. Even if Guhle plays the right side long term, we only have room for more 3 LD's. Is Harris in your top 3?

Reactions: pth2

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
He did well last night. As was the case often earlier in the season. For some reason, he doesn't get much leeway from fans after a few rough games coming back from injury.

It's understandable because he doesn't stand out a ton, but if you have a guy like Harris on your 3rd pair, you never need to look for an improvement at that position.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Harris is slick and smooth. But I still need to see more of him to be sure he'll be good defensively given his limited physicality and size. Size also helps to clog up lanes with one's reach.

I really want to see how good he'll be at 25. But I also want to see how good Matheson, Xhekaj, Struble, Hutson, Engstrom, and Trudeau will be in 3 years. Even if Guhle plays the right side long term, we only have room for more 3 LD's. Is Harris in your top 3?
I think he'll play on the right side if he stays. Our right side is pretty weak defensively with Barron, Mailloux and Reinbacher. Harris-Struble could be a good 3rd pairing.

Jul 6, 2016
I do prefer Kovacevic in the line up than Harris. Harris is a slightly better, safer Mete. Not much else.

Reactions: sbhatt

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I see Harris as more akin to Gorges than anyone else, and while Gorges was ok in a complementary role to a dominant player, he was never a guy you could build a pairing around. Plus, the game keeps getting faster and he has neither the speed to keep up, nor the skill to produce to make up for his lack of size.

With time, he could prove me wrong, but I expect other players will show they deserve the ice time to develop more than Harris has.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I see Harris as more akin to Gorges than anyone else, and while Gorges was ok in a complementary role to a dominant player, he was never a guy you could build a pairing around. Plus, the game keeps getting faster and he has neither the speed to keep up, nor the skill to produce to make up for his lack of size.

With time, he could prove me wrong, but I expect other players will show they deserve the ice time to develop more than Harris has.
He’s already proved you wrong. Harris is a fantastic skater.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada

Yikes if Harris is slow then Xhekaj is stuck in the 1950s with his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad