Player Discussion Jordan Greenway

Status
Not open for further replies.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
A lot more noticeable than his first game - not nearly as many mistakes. Again used his reach well to break up a few passes. Would've loved to see him score that one. Who knows, maybe his first goal will come in the playoffs? :)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
A lot more noticeable than his first game - not nearly as many mistakes. Again used his reach well to break up a few passes. Would've loved to see him score that one. Who knows, maybe his first goal will come in the playoffs? :)

I want him nowhere near the ice in the Playoffs if his game doesn't make a huge leap in the next 6 games.

He's not a top end skill player, and he doesn't know the Wild's system. Putting Ennis in or running 11 FWD and 7 d-men would be a better option.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Was at the game so was able to see him in person for the first time...obviously the height stands out but didn't realize how lanky he was going to look out there. I did hear he lost weight during the Olympics skating on the big ice so that'll most likely come back so he can fill out a little bit more. But I thought he skated just fine...couple times he surprised me with a burst of speed through the middle. And obviously the big clank on the post and an inch from his first one. That was a dang hard shot.

I think he'll be fine. Maybe we'll see him throw the body around a little more as he gets more comfortable.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
I want him nowhere near the ice in the Playoffs if his game doesn't make a huge leap in the next 6 games.

He's not a top end skill player, and he doesn't know the Wild's system. Putting Ennis in or running 11 FWD and 7 d-men would be a better option.
Ennis can't match the physicality in the regular season, he's going to get blown up in the playoffs. Unless Greenway crashes and burns somehow, I'm guessing he's got the inside track over Ennis.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Ennis can't match the physicality in the regular season, he's going to get blown up in the playoffs. Unless Greenway crashes and burns somehow, I'm guessing he's got the inside track over Ennis.
I agree. Playoffs are a whole different game. Much more physical and the refs tend to swallow their whistles for long stretches. Ennis won’t be part of this team next season so put the kid in there and let him get valuable playoff experience moving forward.

Reactions: TaLoN

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I like Ennis but I think his Wild career is done, barring injuries.

To be blunt, for a small guy, he's not explosive enough. It's not is lack of puck protection or size or dzone coverage really. It's that he doesn't move quick enough. He never gets the defense out of position. He doesn't have a quick, accurate release. No perfectly timed passes. He doesn't cut back or blow past his man. And he fumbles the puck way more than a skilled guy should.

He's just not good enough to be on a good NHL roster. He would crush it in Europe. But he's a half-second too slow for the NHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
When the breakout pass comes up the wall on his side of the zone, The Wild end up out of their zone. Might seem like a small thing, but it's a huge upgrade over what they were getting from Ennis. Hoping the offense will come.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
I remember him hitting quite a bit during that game. He hit Myers multiple times in one of his shifts too.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
LOL .. I wonder if Jordan will ever get near as mean as Buff is. At least I hope he fills out that frame a little more in the next few years.
Unlikely. Hawks had to work with Buff a lot in the beginning to get him to be physical, but it looked more like he was entirely aware of how Lenny-strong he was and was used to getting hammered by the refs and reprimanded by his coaches. Not the case with Greenway at all.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I want to be clear though that I think Greenway does have pretty high ceiling and probably a Coyle-right-now floor.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
I could see a kevin hayes type trajectory. Even though hayes is a C and Greenway is a Winger. It might take him a while longer but I can see a 45-50 point player in him eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad