TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
So Lebrun isn't credible now LMAO
Not even a little bit. Even discussing hockey Milbury burried him. Show me I'm wrong.

Overall the insiders are over saturated and don't bring much inside info. For the most part they just fill their air time with "I haven't heard this but I think...." I don't Fn care.

Even Mackenzie is making me sick these days acting as the Leafs PR machine going on TSN to soften the blow before the Matthews contract was signed creating a 20 man roster and saying " see! It's going to be ok" get out of here Bob with that kind of stupidity. No one is going through the year with a 20 man roster you shill.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I get that you'd rather send Hoffman, who is a UFA in a couple of years and the Panthers may not be able to keep / afford him, but for the same reasons, the Canes wouldn't move Pesce for him IMO. All those things you mention above aren't very convincing arguments.
1) Who says he'd play with Aho over Teravainen or Nino?
2) Who says he wants a "fair" UFA deal. We are facing that right now with Ferland and saw it a couple years ago with Sekera. It's Hoffman's last big deal and he has no ties to Carolina.
3) Hoffman will be 30, going on 31 when he signs his next deal. I'm not sure I'd want to pay him a ton at that point. Nor would I want to give up Pesce, who is 24 and signed to a good deal.

You are sounding a lot like Avs fans last year when they were trying to convince us of Duchene. "He likes country music. He likes outdoors, fishing, hunting. He'd easily sign in Carolina. etc... etc..."

If you want to move Hoffman, then IMO, you are looking more at a guy like Faulk. Not Pesce. Again, I get why you'd WANT to make Hoffman the main piece, but that's really not looking at the Canes POV.

I get it, maybe it could have worked if Hoffman had 3 years left on his deal. (said this to SvechniCanes in a earlier post)

I'm still open to the Huberdeau + Reimer for Pesce deal if need be as well. We have options for each other.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The debate between you guys has gotten kind of annoying. But meh.

What would it take for Buffalo to acquire him?

Popular pick on Sabres twitter is:

Nylander
1st (SJ)
+ (...Maybe Scandella or McCabe?) Don't know the Panthers needs. The + is the bigger debate. I think Nylander can still flourish with a change of scenery.
this is a whole lot of meh. a prospect who has struggled to reach his potential and a late first. MEH MEH MEH

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I get it, maybe it could have worked if Hoffman had 3 years left on his deal. (said this to SvechniCanes in a earlier post)

I'm still open to the Huberdeau + Reimer for Pesce deal if need be as well. We have options for each other.

Huberdeau is a much better fit for Carolina than Hoffman, even if Hoffman was signed longer because he's closer in age to Pesce.

Pesce: 24 and signed for 5 more years ; Huberdeau: 25 and signed for 4 more years

Would be shocked if the Canes management took on Reimer's cap hit though, unless they can get rid of Darling which is unlikely. Can't have 1) a starting goalie (tbd but probably in the $3-4M range) 2) Reimer as back-up at $3.1M (actual salary) and 3) Darling at $4.1M. > $7M in back-ups/AHL is untenable for a budget team like Carolina no matter what us fans think.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Huberdeau is a much better fit for Carolina than Hoffman, even if Hoffman was signed longer because he's closer in age to Pesce.

Pesce: 24 and signed for 5 more years ; Huberdeau: 25 and signed for 4 more years

Would be shocked if the Canes management took on Reimer's cap hit though, unless they can get rid of Darling which is unlikely. Can't have 1) a starting goalie (tbd but probably in the $3-4M range) 2) Reimer as back-up at $3.1M (actual salary) and 3) Darling at $4.1M. > $7M in back-ups/AHL is untenable for a budget team like Carolina no matter what us fans think.

Mrazek gonna be re-signed? If not, his deal + McElhinney + Kruger's retained salary = $2.6 million, cap goes up another $2-3 million. We could maybe retain $300-400k.
What's up with Darling, saw he's taking a leave of absence? Injury, family or mental health related? Who's buyout would be easier? Darling or Reimer? Pretty close if we retain no?
Feel the Reimer capdump is the difference in Huberdeau for Pesce deal. #1 LW for a #3 RD with #2 potential.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Mrazek gonna be re-signed? If not, his deal + McElhinney + Kruger's retained salary = $2.6 million, cap goes up another $2-3 million. We could maybe retain $300-400k.
What's up with Darling, saw he's taking a leave of absence? Injury, family or mental health related? Who's buyout would be easier? Darling or Reimer? Pretty close if we retain no?

Someone is going to be signed/re-signed. I can't see them going with Reimer/Darling as a tandem. Talking about Kruger and cap going up is meaningless to Carolina. The owner doesn't want to spend money where it doesn't make sense and IMO, I can't see him taking on a cap dump no matter what you or I or other fans think. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I'll be very surprised if he did.

Feel the Reimer capdump is the difference in Huberdeau to Pesce. #1 LW to a #3RD with #2 potential.

Well, that's only a piece of it and there are other components that have to be considered:

1) Pesce has shown multiple times that he is a capable top pairing RHD. They move him around because he is so solid defensively that he covers for other guys (Faulk currently).
2) Pesce is signed for 5 years and Huberdeau for 4 years so that adds value to Pesce.
3) Pesce's cap hit is $4.025M and Huberdeau's is $5.9M (plus $6M of his contract in coming years is signing bonuses which need to be paid in a lockout). That adds value to Pesce.
4) Pesce plays RHD which is a more coveted position which adds value.
5) Canes currently have Teravainen, Neiderreiter, Svechnikov, Ferland, as top 9 LW. LW is not as big of a need in Carolina as other forward positions. Svech and TT can play RW as well, but LW is probably the least position of need in Carolina's forward ranks. No doubt though, they'd gladly take Huberdeau because they need talent and would make it work, but C and RW are bigger needs.
5) Huberdeau has a NMC kicking in next year so IF Florida is going to move him, they need to do it before that kicks in or it could lower his value.

While in a vacuum, I'd agree Huberdeau holds more value, with all the other mitigating factors, I'm just not sure how big that gap in value is.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Huberdeau has the edge in age and cap hit. Patch has the edge in proven production. They are close IMO.

Can't handle a disagreement? That is your problem.
Age and cap hit is a major factor. Massive and you are underplaying it. Also your belief that Huberdeau is soft is an absolute joke so when you go off spouting your opinion at least know what you are talking about

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Age and cap hit is a major factor. Massive and you are underplaying it. Also your belief that Huberdeau is soft is an absolute joke so when you go off spouting your opinion at least know what you are talking about

I'm not down playing it. I was the one who brought it forward for you to reply to it in the 1st place. :laugh:

And I don't care if you think I don't know what I am talking about. That means nothing to me. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

I do believe Huberdeau plays a soft style game. His hits and giveaways per season are nothing to brag about. They guy is producing on the PP and with his skills, it fits. It's the reason why I'm interested in acquiring him. I'm not interested in acquiring him for his grit and 5/5 play. His 5/5 play is only 5 assist better than Lehkonen this year and they both have 7 goals

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Columbus is okay with mostly futures, I smell a 3-way trade of sorts. Not sure the return for Columbus though so I stopped after the picks. Obviously there would be more.

FLA gets: Bob and Panarin
NYI gets: Huberdeau
CLB gets: NYI 1st, Florida 1st, + prospect(s) and/or roster player(s)
imo IF Huberdeau is moving, it's tied to Columbus and Panarin+

No need to add a third.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How do CBJ fans value Savard?
Very solid cost controlled top 4 RHD. Underrated around the league because he plays with Jones/Z/Murray/Nutivaara. Is likely going to be an option who can be moved as soon as next year because qe have Gavrikov coming over from Russia who will step right into the top 4 and we also have Peeke who is a RHD in college who seems NHL ready it just depends if he wants to go senior year or come to Columbus instead.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If they want to clear salary wb Huberdeau for the Oilers 1st?

Clear salary and get a very good young cost controlled asset back.

Adds on either side needed? Fair?

member 290103

I’m sure FLA could pry Guddy and say a guy like Granlund out of Van for JH.

Guddy would fix the problems in the dressing room and stabilize it in preparation of brining in headcases like Panarin and Bobrovsky. Granlund gives them an inexpensive young emerging 19 goal scoring Centre.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA

Guddy would fix the problems in the dressing room and stabilize it in preparation of brining in headcases like Panarin and Bobrovsky. Granlund gives them an inexpensive young emerging 19 goal scoring Centre.
This would be the steal of the century.

Love to have JH, but the cost to Canucks would be more than most of us are willing to pay.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
FLA GM: We want to move a 25yo cost controlled PPG winger. Are you interested?
Random Team GM: Sure what are you looking for? Prospects, Draft picks?
FLA GM: A cost controlled young winger.
Random GM:..............
FLA GM: Hello? Are up still listening?

Reactions: HOPE

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If they want to clear salary wb Huberdeau for the Oilers 1st?

Clear salary and get a very good young cost controlled asset back.

Adds on either side needed? Fair?

How about:

To Florida: Oilers 1st in 2019, 2nd in 2020, Talbot and Spooner $400k retained.

To Edmonton: Huberdeau, Reimer.

If Florida wishes they could buyout Spooner.

member 290103

Sorry meant to post this to main board.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Post 327 (Shap shot below)... It was pretty clear that you didn't agree. Are you back tracking now? I said AA = Lehkonen and you replied by saying "yeah, and Byron is close to Barkov"

Better go edit it quick but it's too late. I got a snap shot of the evidence.

cUlBSBw.jpg
lol that sarcastic comment that I made was in response to your Huberdeau vs Lehkonen comment. Had nothing to do with AA vs. Lehkonen. I never compared the two. I have yet to mention my opinion on AA here.

The fact that you are convinced that AA and Lehkonen are comparables (which I somewhat agree with, and never argued in the first place) helps prove my point that Huberdeau is miles ahead of Lehkonen. Because I think Huberdeau is also miles ahead of Athanasiou.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I have a very very hard time believing that he could be traded.
I have no idea where that rumour started, but i find it unlikely to be true. I'm probably wrong , but to me it's just a bait to attrack viewers to watch the TDL show.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Columbus is okay with mostly futures
nooooooope. If Huberdeau is involved in a Bob/Panarin trade, he's becoming a Blue Jacket.

* * *​
How do CBJ fans value Savard?
Hypothetically tradeable but it depends heavily on the return. Specifically, if your offer involves more than two assets for him and/or is based on helping CBJ's "depth" (which does not need help) or is primarily based on futures, it's DOA. Quality roster player or no deal.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
FLA GM: We want to move a 25yo cost controlled PPG winger. Are you interested?
Random Team GM: Sure what are you looking for? Prospects, Draft picks?
FLA GM: A cost controlled young winger.
Random GM:..............
FLA GM: Hello? Are up still listening?

Twitter feed with no concrete evidence: Huberdeau is available
HF posters that have no clue about the situation: Panthers are looking for prospects and picks
Florida fans: :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

You guys really think that Tallon would want to move Huberdeau for picks and prospects? A little research goes a long way. This is HF though, so these responses are typical.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
6F-3D-1G. That is the max number of protected players in the 2020 expansion draft at the end of next season. POI, every GM is aware of that event and will take it into trade consideration,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad