TSN: Jonathan Huberdeau added to trade board

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
If they want to clear salary wb Huberdeau for the Oilers 1st?

Clear salary and get a very good young cost controlled asset back.

Adds on either side needed? Fair?
How bout ryan nugent hopkins for montreals 1st in 19 to shed salary?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
lots of rumors in Montreal (of course.. he's québequois)
i think i read something about the panthers being interested in Lingren, a while back . Can something be built around him?
something like lingren+suzuki+1st

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The amount of smoke around a Panarin-Bob signing in Florida this summer tells me it would make no sense to trade Huberdeau to Columbus.

They’re better off trading him separately to another team.

No way I’d send him to Columbus for 2 UFAs. Take your chances in UFA.

I don’t really think the Jackets have a leg to stand on in this case.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The amount of smoke around a Panarin-Bob signing in Florida this summer tells me it would make no sense to trade Huberdeau to Columbus.

Totally agree trading Hubby in this scenario makes absolutely no sense, If both Bob and Panarin want to come to Florida. Do it in free agency. Really don't want to see Florida dealing one of their better young wingers in Huberdeau.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I love how people don't even bother to read the article, Jonathon Huberdeau is only moved to bring both Bob and Panarin to Florida long term. Nothing else.
I read the article. The deal I proposed clears salary to do just that. This was the premise of why Huberdeau would be available.

for the record I doubt he gets moved.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Totally agree trading Hubby in this scenario makes absolutely no sense, If both Bob and Panarin want to come to Florida. Do it in free agency. Really don't want to see Florida dealing one of their better young wingers in Huberdeau.
I think you missed the point. Moving Huberdeau was not about trading him for Bob and Panarin. It was freeing up salary to make this possible.

Reactions: minisharkpanther

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I really want to believe otherwise but this makes too much sense. :(

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I really want to believe otherwise but this makes too much sense. :(

Agreed. The only thing that mitigates it is that the narrative about where Panarin wants to go has changed so many times in the months since the end of last summer when the topic really started to be of interest. And he himself hasn't actually said any of it. The Theofanous thing is only the latest thing to update the story, but still there's nothing on record that suggests either player is predisposed to anything in particular.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The best insider when it comes to Panthers info is saying that Huberdeau isn't being shopped. The trade rumors are speculation not actual rumors.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I read the article. The deal I proposed clears salary to do just that. This was the premise of why Huberdeau would be available.

for the record I doubt he gets moved.

They have the cap space already to sign both. They have $24.5 million in space when the cap goes up, and with certain moves, they can get an additional $10 million.

The only reason Tallon might have done it now is if we got closer to a WC spot, and he wanted those two now to make a run. If both of those stay with Columbus past the deadline, I can see Tallon moving a high pick, not first rounder, to get their rights.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
They have the cap space already to sign both. They have $24.5 million in space when the cap goes up, and with certain moves, they can get an additional $10 million.

The only reason Tallon might have done it now is if we got closer to a WC spot, and he wanted those two now to make a run. If both of those stay with Columbus past the deadline, I can see Tallon moving a high pick, not first rounder, to get their rights.
Or because securing them now (as in sign and trade) secure Tallon's job.

Reactions: Fro and Toe Pick

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The best insider when it comes to Panthers info is saying that Huberdeau isn't being shopped. The trade rumors are speculation not actual rumors.

Yeah, 99% of the stuff that gets talked about on this board are just speculation. Even much of what comes from some of the real insiders is just them spitballing.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Or because securing them now (as in sign and trade) secure Tallon's job.

And give up Huberdeau in the process, I doubt it. If Tallon is given one more year, I cant see him making that type of move when the playoffs seem realistically unlikely. If Bob and Panarin are an apparent/supposed package deal, not many teams can afford them in the offseason. Give up, sell some pieces at the deadline, and work with the cap space and picks/prospects available for trade, in the offseason.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How about Panarin+Bob+Savard for Huberdeau+Pysyk?
I'd want conditional assets coming from Florida in the event that Bread and Bob sign in that case.

* * *​
UFA won't sign there if they trade their top player.
Huberdeau is not the Panthers' top player. He's among the best they have, but he's not THE best; that's Barkov and it's not particularly close. Quite probably not even second-best, depending on your opinion of Trocheck.

Reactions: Fro

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
And give up Huberdeau in the process, I doubt it. If Tallon is given one more year, I cant see him making that type of move when the playoffs seem realistically unlikely. If Bob and Panarin are an apparent/supposed package deal, not many teams can afford them in the offseason. Give up, sell some pieces at the deadline, and work with the cap space and picks/prospects available for trade, in the offseason.
You just said it right there, IF Tallon is given one more year. If he has Panarin and Bob signed, he'll get one more year for sure.
Get out of your head that this move would be for this season, it isn't. It's to secure assets and improve the team for next year. So you can get Bob and Panarin and still sell-off the spare parts.

I'm not saying it's a good idea or something Tallon will/want to do. Just that it's a possibility if his job depends on him bringing in Panarin and Bob.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad