Value of: Jonathan Drouin

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Lol. Good joke. Drouin a consistent top six forward? You made it sound like a statement. Haha

In the AHL maybe.

In the NHL, Drouin is neither consistent nor a top six forward. He’s a dang expensive bottom six inconsistent forward however. His value is deeply negative without question. There isn’t a single team in the NHL calling MB about this guy. And when MB dials you up and says Drouin, once you tick off your own bad contracts you’d be happy to trade away, the conversation ends abruptly with no deal.
lol smh

This is the same garbage people said about Subban and look what we turned that into,, nuff said

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
lol smh

This is the same garbage people said about Subban and look what we turned that into,, nuff said
Your GM has been trying to peddle Drouin for a long time. No takers. That guy is as negative value an asset as Tyler Johnson. Laughing so hard at Habs fans thinking that guy is a trade asset. First it was Domi fetching 8OA++. There was Byram + for Tatar. Now Drouin fetching a nice defender. What a joke.

This guy couldn’t fetch Ian Cole. And Cole is negative value in his own right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patagonia

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If Drouin is really that hard to move, would the Habs consider Adam Larsson + Alex Chiasson (both on one year contracts) for Drouin?

The money is close at Drouin @ 5.5 Million for the next three years vs. Adam Larsson $4.166 Million and Chiasson $2.150 Million ?

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
If Drouin is really that hard to move, would the Habs consider Adam Larsson + Alex Chiasson (both on one year contracts) for Drouin?

The money is close at Drouin @ 5.5 Million for the next three years vs. Adam Larsson $4.166 Million and Chiasson $2.150 Million ?
Chiasson is a cap dump and Larsson has the Taylor Hall stink on him

Try starting with Yamamoto

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

dunno why this thread got bumped as Drouin isn't exactly on the market, but this wouldn't make sense as neither player help us. we already have plenty of depth and two better RDs

Reactions: malcb33

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Lol. Good joke. Drouin a consistent top six forward? You made it sound like a statement. Haha

In the AHL maybe.

In the NHL, Drouin is neither consistent nor a top six forward. He’s a dang expensive bottom six inconsistent forward however. His value is deeply negative without question. There isn’t a single team in the NHL calling MB about this guy. And when MB dials you up and says Drouin, once you tick off your own bad contracts you’d be happy to trade away, the conversation ends abruptly with no deal.

Drouin will hit 65pts (Pro rata for a short season) minimum this season bookmark this.

Also he's at bare minimum 50pts player. wich is a lock for a top6 player. Show me any team that has 6 x 50pts player on their top 6. good luck.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Drouin will hit 65pts (Pro rata for a short season) minimum this season bookmark this.

Also he's at bare minimum 50pts player. wich is a lock for a top6 player. Show me any team that has 6 x 50pts player on their top 6. good luck.

Top 6 for a rebuilding team. He’s overpaid player and rarely impacts the game.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Top 6 for a rebuilding team. He’s overpaid player and rarely impacts the game.
His salary is perfectly fine with his current production and he has more to offer and you'll see as close as next season when he finally plays with an impactful Center.

as i mentioned, he's gonna hit minimum a 65pts pro rata season, you can book mark this as much as you want.

Reactions: North Man

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
frustrating player but moving him now makes no sense. Elite talent with questionable heart. He was lights out with domi and shaw. He played very well with suzuki in the bubble and i'm pretty sure julien is going to put Anderson on that line. So he now has a guy who can dish him the puck and one who will win the board battles and insulate him. If he can't make it work with these two, they'll move him

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
frustrating player but moving him now makes no sense. Elite talent with questionable heart. He was lights out with domi and shaw. He played very well with suzuki in the bubble and i'm pretty sure julien is going to put Anderson on that line. So he now has a guy who can dish him the puck and one who will win the board battles and insulate him. If he can't make it work with these two, they'll move him

I agree value is low, keep him with only 3 seasons remaining on his deal Habs can still afford him or move him with retention.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Not negative value, but certainly not a lot of value. I think a second + a meh prospect seems like fair value.

Reactions: viceroy

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The Sergachev for Drouin trade is now one of the more lopsided ones in recent times.

Not as bad as the JT miller trade from tampa.
Tampa traded a player, who was on pace for 86 pts last season, for a 3rd round pick and late 1st round pick.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
lol smh

So, you are on a fantasy trade board straight out asking someone to propose a mistake for their favorite team.... let's see if someone takes you up on the offer.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I wonder if Arizona would bite? They have Hossa on LTIR so they're fine for cap this season.

Something like Drouin for Goligoski or Hjalmarsson (presuming they waive clauses)? Not sure if either side has to add value as both the Coyotes D only have 1 year left. Habs get a good left D and Coyotes get to improve their scoring depth with a young, if ill-fitted talent. After letting Hall walk and having their picks taken, and losing their draft choice, they'll probably be starved for young talent and Drouin could be that.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Your GM has been trying to peddle Drouin for a long time. No takers.

This is utter nonsense.

It's one thing to argue your opinion, but what is the point of making things up in effort to bolster your case? You really think you can float this nonsense to Montreal Canadiens fans? There are two sets of rabid hockey media in Montreal, one for each official language, you really think that you are aware of trade conversations that somehow escaped the Montreal media?

This is an embarrassing effort.

Reactions: malcb33

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

"Pro rata" for a short season he hit 45 points. He's top 6 on a weak team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad