Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Where Are Ü Now That We Need Ya? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I think you guys are too obsessed with Jonathan Drouin. Same thing happenned with Max Pacs. It makes an negative impact on players, it makes them too nervous. Hockey players need to have fun playing. They score goals when they feel free and they are creative when they are confident. We might not like a player, we might want them to be traded. I agree but please don't bash them for any reason and being on their case night and day is harassment. I could say there is something else than hockey in life and I could say get a life but I won't say it, lol. Have a nice day ! :thumbu:

Get the heck out of town, Jonny Drouin! :mad:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I think you guys are too obsessed with Jonathan Drouin. Same thing happenned with Max Pacs. It makes an negative impact on players, it makes them too nervous. Hockey players need to have fun playing. They score goals when they feel free and they are creative when they are confident. We might not like a player, we might want them to be traded. I agree but please don't bash them for any reason and being on their case night and day is harassment. I could say there is something else than hockey in life and I could say get a life but I won't say it, lol. Have a nice day ! :thumbu:

CHwest

May 24, 2011
I think he should be given ribbons for showing up at the rink.:laugh:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I liked the trade as I wasn't a big Sergachev fan, but Drouins lost me, the guy plays the sport like his dog just died. Hope he gets traded like Chucky for a reclamation project like Domi who proves to be a super stud.
Drouin brought little besides a French name. No wonder the Bolts were exasperated and traded him for an unproven rookie (wouldn't Sergachev be just what the Habs need). I hope Bergevin can get someone worthwhile for Drouin.

Pacioretty has produced for his new team in the 2019 playoffs (which doesn't speak well for the know-it-all dunces on this board who criticized him. mercilessly and brainlessly). I would gladly trade Drouin for Pacioretty.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Drouin is obsessed to get into our nerves. By purpose.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Drouin is obsessed to get into our nerves. By purpose.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an horrible c*** : Jonathan Drouin.
This is god punihing you for your sins, JD will get into your nerves for a decade, lol.
Okay, enough jokes, I need to get back workin'. This is getting insame, people are thinking there is a conspiracy plot involving a hockey player, time to enjoy a Columbus-Bruins serie or a Capitals-Islanders serie. Peace and love everyone ;).

Reactions: ArtPeur

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Drouin brought little besides a French name. No wonder the Bolts were exasperated and traded him for an unproven rookie (wouldn't Sergachev be just what the Habs need). I hope Bergevin can get someone worthwhile for Drouin.

Pacioretty has produced for his new team in the 2019 playoffs (which doesn't speak well for the know-it-all dunces on this board who criticized him. mercilessly and brainlessly). I would gladly trade Drouin for Pacioretty.
For all of his talent/upside...Sergachev is extremely error-prone and not someone I would see Claude Julien trusting to play important minutes.

The Habs don't have the kind of quick strike offense the Bolts have to hide of his warts either.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am thinking MacKinnon made Drouin. Why he went so high in draft. If Drouin played on any other junior team he would have been a late first pick. Drouin is a good complimentary player if playing with a star. Put him back with MacKinnon may make him greast again? Or another great fit could be with McDavid. Drouin to move up in draft? From 15 to 8? Would you do it?[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif
I would.

CHwest

May 24, 2011
For all of his talent/upside...Sergachev is extremely error-prone and not someone I would see Claude Julien trusting to play important minutes.

The Habs don't have the kind of quick strike offense the Bolts have to hide of his warts either.
And yet he plays on the best team in the league as a twenty year old.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Motivation has always been a question for this kid and for a second at the beginning of this season I thought maybe he'd turned a corner. Bleh. Cut him loose MB

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Motivation has always been a question for this kid and for a second at the beginning of this season I thought maybe he'd turned a corner. Bleh. Cut him loose MB
Playing in front of his peers. Being a local example and idol. Giving the offense keys. What's more to stimulate him...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Two very underwhelming seasons in Montreal for Drouin. I don’t see how it won’t continue. I don’t respect players who play with no heart.

He is who he is. If the Habs won't accept that, then let's watch him disappear some more for a third season.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
In all seriousness...... What CAN we actually get for Drouin IF they move him??

Is there another type of player out there that has some difficulties and need to change scenery the way Drouin needs to? A 50 point + player?

Because that's the only option right now due to the fact that the HABS need to make the playoffs next season... going for a prospect and a pick for Drouin is not feasible now.

I say we keep him next season and see what comes out. He did have a good point season....

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Watching Sergachev and Drouin play, it's interesting how similar they are in terms of their approach to the game.

They are both highly skilled, yet incredibly aloof on the ice. Both think they can rely on their skill to get away with not giving that extra effort.

They are a little too "loose" on the ice. That's something they could get away with in juniors, but in the nhl, every second counts. You can't be laid back at this level.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I have a feeling that Serge would have been run out of town regardless, his defensive game hasn't really progressed at all since his draft year

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I have a feeling that Serge would have been run out of town regardless, his defensive game hasn't really progressed at all since his draft year
That's not at all true. His defensive game is much, much better. His effort levels haven't changed. He doesn't have that sense of urgency with and without the puck - like Drouin. He thinks he can still stroll through the game.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In all seriousness...... What CAN we actually get for Drouin IF they move him??

Is there another type of player out there that has some difficulties and need to change scenery the way Drouin needs to? A 50 point + player?

Because that's the only option right now due to the fact that the HABS need to make the playoffs next season... going for a prospect and a pick for Drouin is not feasible now.

I say we keep him next season and see what comes out. He did have a good point season....
If Drouin trade that ego for his alter ego... It's all in his personality.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I mean, he trusted Drouin to be a #1 C all of 2017-2018 and he was arguably the worst player defensively in the entire NHL that season. And at least Sergachev helps with transition and neutral zone play when he's not producing.

And lets not pretend Montreal has had any sort of consistency at LHD the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad